Could It Be That Bigfoot Is Paranormal?

Guest para ape

Alpinist, do you think it's possible that instead of being knocked out, you could have just had your memory of what happened "wiped out"?

People who report being taken to UFOs & examined almost always say they lost part of the memory of what happened to them.

I was hit with what I thought could be infrasound recently, but it didn't knock me out. It felt like a bad electric shock, & made me mad more than anything else. I think they may have "something" else besides infrasound that they can use.

I got zapped by infrasound last October, as did Oregonman. It dropped him like a bad habit but made me angry. I did experience short term memory loss of parts of th incident. Strangely, Oregonman didn't seem to experience the memory loss, he helped me fill in the void. A write up of the incident is in the sightings section.

Link:

edited to add link

Edited by John T

Though "sparkled eyeshine" had been reported by another in the same local, and previously in Russia, my discussion of it was ridiculed and suppressed on the BFRO forums

That's odd because I remember several threads on their forums within the past couple years about glowing red eyes and none of them were shut down.

We all experienced true low frequency infrasound which put some of us to sleep in this location as well. Finger prints found on the truck the next day too large to be human as well.

There were also numerous threads on their forums talking about infrasound. I saw online awhile back that they used to not allow talk of that like they do now so maybe they also used to not allow talk of glowing red eyes back when you had your experience in '06 like they do now either. Were pictures of the prints taken, and were they dusted and printed on tape for analysis?

1 SUV 3 people - all knocked out

1 Truck 2 people - 2 knocked out

1 Suburban 2 people - asleep anyways with covers pulled over their heads

1 car 3 people - 2 knocked out 1 resisted and stayed conscious and later became BFRO investigator for Van. Island

What this makes me wonder is if animals that use infrasound can make other animals fall asleep. I've heard that infrasound can make animals disoriented and panic but I've never heard of it making animals fall asleep.

Guest HairyGreek

It may not be literally sleep. May be more like passing out from short-circuiting. People familiar with computers will undertand the reference to the blue screen of death. Could be something like that. An emp for the brain as it were.

Bonehead 74 said:

Para ape,

These are serious questions and I hope you can respond to them with specifics:

Granting for a moment your assertion that bigfoot is not a flesh and blood creature is correct, how should someone interested in the phenomenon go about investigating it?

If you believe that bigfoot is beyond the ken of science as we understand it, is it even possible to study?

If you answer in the negative to #2 above, why come here making unprovable assertions and then demanding blind allegiance to your beliefs?

I'm just chasing after a little clarity here...

Hairy Greek said:

LOL - para, look up preternatural.

You may as well chase an invisable Sasquatch with a butterfly net...

and then bonehead74 said:

A man can dream, can't he?

After Paranormal said:

All you believers and the bigfoot community are going to have to face the truth.Bigfoot will never be caught or discovered.A bone or dead body will never be found.

The fact is

"Bigfoot isn't a known or unknown animal of the animal kingdom but resides in the realm of the preturnatural or supernatural."

Susi says while wiping tears from laughter off her face:

Thanks guys, I really needed something to be funny this morning and didn't even know until I laughed loud enough to rouse my sleeping giant... :wub: to you both!

When you are hot on the trail of BF (or more likely v.versa) you will come to understand that all is not as it seems. :blink:

Oh, Yikes, Did it circle around *behind* you? :blink:

It was a solid BF, correct, not a spirit thing of some sort?

It left scat and footprints and smelled bad like normal BF do?

Edited by Jodie
merged successive posts

I read a post somewhere that insinuated that the paranormal BF theory was a relatively new "fad". Apparently, it isn't as new as some would like to believe.

Here is a quote from the book "I Fought The Apemen of Mt. St. Helens"

Told by Fred Beck, written by R. A. Beck

No one will ever capture one, and no one will ever kill one — in other words, present to the world a living one in a cage, or find a dead body of one to be examined by science. I know there are stories that some have been captured but got away. So will they always get away.

I say this confident by the evidence of my experiences, things that I have not before revealed to the public, and I also say it from the knowledge gained on the subject later. In this book I will reveal thoroughly what I know them to be. First of all I will say that 'they are not entirely of the world.' I know the reaction we experienced as these beings attacked out cabin impressed many with the concept of great ape-like men dwelling in the mountains. And I can say that we genuinely fought and were quite fearful, and we were glad to get out of the mountains but I was, for one, always conscious that we were dealing with supernatural beings, and I know the other members of the party felt the same.

BFF Patron

As I remember too, Fred Beck and crew specifically related the low frequency droning sound or thumping type sound associated with them as well. In my mind, one of the first to make this association which I think is a significant one (from my own personal experiences anywho).

It may not be literally sleep. May be more like passing out from short-circuiting. People familiar with computers will undertand the reference to the blue screen of death. Could be something like that. An emp for the brain as it were.

It could certainly be possible. Sort of a trance like state somewhat similar to tonic immobility that a variety of sea life experience where they remain immobile when they are turned upside down then resume normal function when turned upright again.

Ah yes the BSOD. One of the many wonderful experiences one can have with computers. It's a love hate relationship with technology. You enjoy the many benefits of it but it sure comes with a lot of enraging flaws. I've been known to reduce a error ridden computer to pieces in various ways, and it felt sooo good.

I read a post somewhere that insinuated that the paranormal BF theory was a relatively new "fad". Apparently, it isn't as new as some would like to believe.

Here is a quote from the book "I Fought The Apemen of Mt. St. Helens"

Told by Fred Beck, written by R. A. Beck

That was written in 1967 btw.

Edited by Biggie

There is such a thing as a way of thought, or training, that the Kahuna's in Hawaii used. Basically, it states you have three etheric bodies, the lower one is concrete and relies on the five senses, the middle one is the one that applies abstract thoughts to what you are observing i.e. imagination, and the higher self is the one that you can rely on for good decision making if you know how to listen to it and kind of acts as a parental governing unit for all three selves.

That said, the kahunas could induce a sleep state in their patients by using the lower self to make contact with the other person's lower self to suggest the healing. The lower self needs something concrete to observe in order to believe in the suggestion, therefore a ritual is done. You can protect yourself from this with the right mind set, hence the reason one of you fought the bigfoot's suggestion to sleep.

That could be a possible explanation, every thing material supposedly has this aspect according to the kahuna's, but bigfoot would need to have the intellect to understand how to use it. Native Americans also had a belief system very similar which includes the totems as a representation of the higher self of certain animals that represented admired qualities. For it to work, it all hinges on the three etheric selves to believe in the suggestions, since according to this way of thinking, thoughts are solid forms. In otherwords, if you believe in paranormal bigfoot, it allows them to zap you.

That said, the kahunas could induce a sleep state in their patients by using the lower self to make contact with the other person's lower self to suggest the healing.

No doubt where the Vulcan mind-meld originated.

mindmeld.jpg

RayG

Guest krakatoa

That could be a possible explanation, every thing material supposedly has this aspect according to the kahuna's, but bigfoot would need to have the intellect to understand how to use it. Native Americans also had a belief system very similar which includes the totems as a representation of the higher self of certain animals that represented admired qualities. For it to work, it all hinges on the three etheric selves to believe in the suggestions, since according to this way of thinking, thoughts are solid forms. In otherwords, if you believe in paranormal bigfoot, it allows them to zap you.

This topic is getting really "out there".

Your hypothetical is built upon an unproven premise, IMO.

I could agree that people that believe in paranormal bigfoots are suffering psychosomatic responses to what they suspect is an encounter. It would be an incident fraught w/ stress, and the mind & body can create a varied & striking set of physiological responses to such incidents of high stress. This is not a hypothetical, but rather a proven fact.

Indeed, I suspect this is the most logical explanation for those who claim to have been frozen or confused by sub-sonic attack, or to believe they have witnessed any other paranormal acts. I'd go so far to say that at least the "infrasound" incidents have some potential for validation w/in observable science, and probably don't belong in a paranormal thread.

The rest? Not only is there a dearth of evidence in support of the claim and a plethora of alternative prosaic explanations, but there is a lack of evidence in support any such paranormal act being possible, much less being the probable explanation for what the witness has claimed.

Now, for those who are making their paranormal claims based on 2nd and 3rd hand reports? Well, that's simply wishcasting, and I am done trying to even have a discussion with them, as they clearly have neither the desire nor apparently the capacity to debate the issue.

In the end, it could all be true.

Bigfoot could be a [super-ape/demon/reptile/alien/ghost/(etc)] with the ability to [(de)materialize/shapeshift/levitate/speak telepathically/(etc)].

But the probability of this diminishes to a point approaching zero within the physical laws governing this universe.

I think I'm going to have to leave it at this. I had hoped this thread would reveal some evidence on which the paranormalists were basing their claims. After all, that is the topic's title. Sadly, it missed that mark widely and with joyful abandon.

I sincerely hope you all enjoy your continued discussion on this topic.

And I also sincerely hope that the utterly baseless drive-by assertion of the invisible 'foot (and the corollary that "you all are just too narrow minded to accept it") doesn't continue to invade other threads. It's both rude and counterproductive.

Guest RedRatSnake

And I also sincerely hope that the utterly baseless drive-by assertion of the invisible 'foot (and the corollary that "you all are just too narrow minded to accept it") doesn't continue to invade other threads. It's both rude and counterproductive.

Hi

When reading a subject like paranormal Bigfoot i think it best too take it very lightly and have some fun with it, cause after all the very concept of this thread is just as far out there as the misty spooky Bigfoot themselves.

Tim :)

Actually the roots of the Kahuna philosophy for healing has more to do with hypnotism before Mesmer ever thought about it, and psychiatry before the ID, the ego, and superego were ever postulated. They take a it little further than that with the concept that everything is connected, similar to the germ theory: once you touch something or make contact, you have left a tiny piece of your vital force there. Anyway, what better way to explain paranormal bigfoot with a very, very old concept that was not limited to just the Hawaiians.

Exactly Krakatoa- The reaction you have towards these things, like the base reaction of fear, would be a part of how they could accomplish intimidation and possibly the sleeping/hypnotized/faint state if there is any truth in the old system or philosophy, whatever you want to call it. It was primarily used for healing, kind of like mind over matter, the placebo affect, and other medical studies that indicate that attitude affects the outcome of a medical problem.