Could It Be That Bigfoot Is Paranormal?

Guest para ape

Migration and interdimensional space-jumping are about as far apart IMHO as warp drive is from a huffy bicycle. I too find it fascinating that salmon, other fish, and some birds can migrate like they do. Although I have no idea how the bio-mechanics of such things work, I know they do. I cannot believe that such claims as crossing dimensional barriers at will and shape shifting have any basis in reality. It just makes no sense.

Guest StankApe

Salmon migrate, probably, due to a "taste" of the waters they were born in, they remember it and seek it out. Or even perhaps they are drawn to a magnetic "feeling" based on the area of their birth. These are all things which we can measure and understan.. perhaps we aren't "for sure" now but we have an idea. tryin to compare a shape shifting, dimension jumping primitive hominid to salmon ... well it's like saying you like The Walking Dead TV show, but hate Dawn of the Dead the movie cuz a evil entity made it.....

Edited by grayjay
2C

What gets me about the paranormal side are those believers that going around telling the rest of us that we are being disrespectful and that we need to feel the spirits before they will show themselves (Bigfoot). I have been and know people that have been on expeditions with a couple of SBP's (Spiritual Bigfoot Paranormalist... LOL) . We had either thermals or gen 3's and some cases both on the expeditions. Every time the SBP's would point out eye shine or would point out where there's a Bigfoot we would use our equipment but to no avail. There was nothing there. NOTHING!!! But yet the SBP's never wavered that they were there. It seemed to us that the SBP's would feed off each other and eventually everything became a Bigfoot. Even one instance a stray dog was milling around. They were convinced after it left it was a Bigfoot. Or was it? The sad thing is that many investigators get sucked into the paranormal side of bigfoot and become less creditable. I will agree that Indian folklore should play some part of bigfoot but science wants’ hard evidence. Not Stories…

A little more then my 2 cents... ;)

Guest HairyGreek

I will agree that Indian folklore should play some part of bigfoot but science wants’ hard evidence. Not Stories…

Let me put this simply. Not everyone (maybe not even half) of people who contribute here regularly even care about what I left of your above post which was the gist. So then, my question becomes: what's your point? Not everyone is here for the same reasons, or more specifically, your reasons.

Edited by HairyGreek

Let me put this simply HG, all members of this forum are entitled to post their opinions whatever they may be. You have no way of knowing what percentage of membership might or might not value any portoin of any other members post. Even if it's less than 1% someone might find value in something or the other posted by anyone else. The member in question made his point in the post you referenced, you're the one who edited it out.

In case your wondering, yea I find your above post offensive, condescending, and out of line. The reasons most of the membership I've had the pleasure of interacting with have for being on the BFF include enjoying the interaction and haveing fun. Posts like this interfere with that enjoyment.

Guest HairyGreek

Is that a warning? If so, I won't bother to reply. If this is in your official capacity you are stating this, then I guess I have nothing to say.

Guest Alpinist

I cannot believe that such claims as crossing dimensional barriers at will and shape shifting have any basis in reality. It just makes no sense.

We are all free to believe as we wish, or relate the experiences we choose to reveal, but the gist of the matter is, there is a long list of well respected and active field researchers which have witnessed the paranormal/supernatural phenomena associated with Sasquatch.

Aside from numerous members of this forum, including myself who are witness to phenomena which is hard to believe, yet we have seen with our own eyes, the list includes these names;

Thom Powell

David Paulides

Robert Alley

Matt Moneymaker

Henry Franzoni

Beliefs are a personal matter, as are experiences. I'm definitely not disrespecting anyone whom is confident enough to come forward and face the scorn when telling the truth about what they saw. Some may be wise in not discussing it, or not focusing their research careers on it, but the fact is a significant number of nuts and bolts, flesh and blood researchers eventually embrace what may be termed, for now, the paranormal element, as much as you may wish to deny it's there Mark.

We are all free to believe as we wish, or relate the experiences we choose to reveal, but the gist of the matter is, there is a long list of well respected and active field researchers which have witnessed the paranormal/supernatural phenomena associated with Sasquatch.

Aside from numerous members of this forum, including myself who are witness to phenomena which is hard to believe, yet we have seen with our own eyes, the list includes these names;

Thom Powell

David Paulides

Robert Alley

Matt Moneymaker

Henry Franzoni

Beliefs are a personal matter, as are experiences. I'm definitely not disrespecting anyone whom is confident enough to come forward and face the scorn when telling the truth about what they saw. Some may be wise in not discussing it, or not focusing their research careers on it, but the fact is a significant number of nuts and bolts, flesh and blood researchers eventually embrace what may be termed, for now, the paranormal element, as much as you may wish to deny it's there Mark.

I wasnt aware that Moneymaker endorsed the paranormal aspects of sasquatch. Can you source that? Thank you.

Show me a shape shifting, dimension hopping bigfoot and I might be closer to beliving such things exist. Till then I stick by my guns. Not paranormal. Normal animal, bound by the same laws of nature which bind us all. Absolutely believe whatever you wish to believe. Heck I thought I had one vanish into thin air one night. I went back to the area in the daylight a few days later and figured out where his huge butt was hidden. That night I would have sworn he had jumped right out of the woods, if I'd just gone about another 30 feet we would have been able to shake hands.

But having said that I can't prove to you that he was hidden there so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Guest Alpinist

Show me a shape shifting, dimension hopping bigfoot and I might be closer to beliving such things exist. Till then I stick by my guns. Not paranormal.

I'm not making references to dimension hopping and shapeshifting, you are Mark. Yes I've seen the self illuminated eyes, imaged them, and shot video of balls of light flying around. Moneymaker has seen this stuff as well, in fact at one of the same locations as me. I'm sure at least another dozen forum members would confirm the same, and if there wasn't stated rule by the forum to suppress discussion of it and enforce such suppression by banishment they might even come forward.

I added Matts name to my list last, and yes thats wrong to say he embraces it, but he sure as heck has seen the same things as me, and many others. Matt won't acknowledge it publicly, but privately he doesn't deny this kind of phenomena is co-existant in some Bigfoot sighting areas.

To be explicitly accurate, the stuff I have described, and also many others, is a part of the Sasquatch phenomena tho, it may not be Sasquatch itself, spend enough time in the field, in hot areas, and you are eventually going to see it too, after a month or two of continuous field work, most definitely.

That being said, each research area seems to have it's own unique weirdness I have found

You have set your barrier a bit too high Mark, dimension hopping evidence is a very tall order.

Edited by Alpinist

I'm sure at least another dozen forum members would confirm the same, and if there wasn't stated rule by the forum to suppress discussion of it and enforce such suppression by banishment they might even come forward.

What are you talking about? If this were the case, I would have been banned long ago. Have you read the rules at all?

This is what it says:

Bigfoot are unlikely to be inter-dimensional, of another world, shape shifting, can disappear, or have any other abilities that may be considered paranormal. If you feel they are any of these things, you're still very welcome to participate, but don't expect to find many in your camp.

Edited by Jodie

Guest RedRatSnake

and if there wasn't stated rule by the forum to suppress discussion of it and enforce such suppression by banishment they might even come forward.

Seriously there is no rule suppressing the talk about BF being paranormal or connected with UFO'S etc, It's all about respect for your fellow BFF members ~

Tim :)

Alpinist, I guess you missed the part where I said we'd have to agree to disagree. Where I origionally got the part about dimension jumping and shape shifting was from the post of StankApe's which you quoted a sentence from, and then asked him to explain salmon migration. I then expressed an opinion that such things make no sense. By your reference to migration in your post while quoting the post above yours I thought, perhaps in error , that you were compareing migration to dimension jumping and shape shifting. My Bad.

I too have seen what I thought were self illuminated eyes approx. height of 8ft. Mine turned out to be a barn owl, maybe yours was not, maybe the next one I see wont be. It's possible for eyes to appear self illuminating in what we percieve as total darkness, so no real arguement from me there.

I've never seen balls of light flying around so you've got one on me there. I wouldn't have a clue how to explain that without being there, and probably not even then.

I've been working a pretty "hot" area for a while now, but so far nothing that can't be explained by standard "laws of nature".

As to your reference to forum rules, If you're talking about some kind of religious/demonic conection to bigfoot then it would be against forum rules to discuss. If it's what Jodie and Tim mentioned then they already covered that.

Lastly, my "barrier" setting ref. normal animal vs. paranormal entity is set firmly on solid, normal ground.

Guest Alpinist

My apologies for not doing my home work here then regarding the rules. I rapidly replied to a number of threads today which is not my usual style. All good.

The people I have listed, with each of them I have privately contacted, either by Skype, phone or email, compared notes on mutual similar experiences of high strangeness. Excepting Moneymaker where the weirdness happened on his trip, we told him and he indicated an equally ultra weird scenario happened to him at the same spot the previous year.

I have submitted enough hair samples, found enough tracks independently, and had dozens of rocks mysteriously launched at me to know that Sasquatch are physical flesh and blood entities. But in my opinion the flesh and blood nature of these unique beings does not preclude them possessing psychic abilities, such as telepathy, and telekinesis. What ever else is going on, in terms of high strangeness, and once again in my opinion, it's a lot, may or may not be driven by the Sasquatch themselves. It is also likely that these oddball events and observations may be geographically restricted. Regardless one cannot deny the weird reports still keep surfacing.

I believe it's fair to say that some people are totally justified in coming forward with outrageous paranormal claims, just as much as others are equally justified in rejecting those claims. You had to be there kinda thing. I think the majority of supernatural observations in Bigfoot country are never reported, let alone the supernatural strangeness of the type that follows you home from bigfoot country.

In deference to the DNA study results, I have redacted my discussions and videos of the supernatural aspects from my usual distribution point. I have realized it doesn't add in a productive way to the Sasquatch question at this point in time.

But clearly anyone who studies the Bigfoot subject long and hard enough has got to ask themselves why the subject of "paranormal / supernatural" has consistently over time been a part of the mystery

Edited by Alpinist

I think the majority of supernatural observations in Bigfoot country are never reported, let alone the supernatural strangeness of the type that follows you home from bigfoot country.

I think you are definitely right about how much isn't reported!

I had no idea it followed people home, but imagine what kind of things people have to put up with when they live in the middle of it 24/7/365. :huh: