Story Of Bf And A Hermit College Professor

georgerm

I read part of this story that was posted on the net in full but is now a book. Interesting but again no proof.

I read the book The Creature by Jan Klement this weekend. It only took about an hour to read, and I am sure many of you have read the book.

This story is a first hand account of a semi habituation of a bigfoot creature.

The author, Jan Klement (pseudonym), claims to be a professor at a university in southwestern Pennsylvania.

The story was fascinating, yet unbelievable at some points. The author also does not hide the fact that he is an alcoholic and has serious mental health issues. I'd bet that his ex-wife would agree with me on that.

I was giving the author the benefit of the doubt up until the part where he shoved the creature into the back of his station wagon and drove him 200 miles away, to protect him from hunters during deer season.

I did appreciate that he and the creature, who he named "Kong", would simply stare at each other for hours and that Kong seemed unaffected by things in the universe that trouble humans. As if the bigfoot was in nature much like the trees and the grass; just being.

I can't believe that as a scientist, he would not take Kong's dead body to a university to be "dissected", but that he would drive the dead body to a remote location and hack up his "best friend" with an axe. But then again, he is an alcoholic with obvious mental problems. (Sociopath?)

I did come away with a new perspective on bigfoot culture and I do believe that at least some of the incidents in the book are believable.

Last August, I got to visit with Autumn Williams and we had a great conversation on our way to the store. The experience that Jan Klement describes in his book, mirrors some events that Autumn has experienced herself.

Continue reading here:

The Creature by Jan Klement

I was giving the author the benefit of the doubt up until the part where he shoved the creature into the back of his station wagon and drove him 200 miles away, to protect him from hunters during deer season.

If that part is unbelievable, then why give any of it any credence?

I agree with you here. A few things in this story for me personally do not add up and I could not finish reading it. UPs

Edited by UPs

SSR Team

Not saying i specifically believe this account or disbelieve it even, but people do fabricate within the truth you know & quite often too which of course makes that particular part of the story a lie, but not all of the Story..

Just saying..

Edit : Thinking about it, for me personally, this Story ( i have read it before ) is similar to the Ostman story in which i feel there are elements of truth to both unless they're pretty incredible imaginations which can't be ruled out ( difficult with regards to the timing of the Ostman story however as he had nothing to base his story on & the details within it in which some still hold the test of time today & others that are incredibly unique ).. I also however feel that there are parts of probably both which have been fabricated by the Story " tellers " but again, that doesn't mean to say i'd rule the whole story as a fabrication, just parts maybe.

Edited by BobbyO

Guest Fanofsquatch

It is just a story, but I imagine that if a habituation type scenario were to take place this is very close to how it would go. I can't even get my cat in the car so I don't think anyone could get Kong in a car.

Guest TooRisky

Because it's well written and brims with verisimilitude.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for my new word of the week... I love to try and learn the huge vocabulary of the English language and just was so excited seeing this new word to me...

Verisimilitude

[ver-uh-si-mil-i-tood, -tyood] –noun 1. the appearance or semblance of truth; likelihood; probability: The play lacked verisimilitude. 2. something, as an assertion, having merely the appearance of truth.

It would be interesting to find that BF observes residents closely, then picks certain personality types to befriend much like we do when we need a friend? It happens that these picks are humans on the edge of normality who can be trusted to be nonviolent. Somehow BF makes this determination after watching them for a long period of time while being hidden in the forest. BF has been known to be really sneaky by living close to humans yet remains undetected.

It would be interesting to find that BF observes residents closely, then picks certain personality types to befriend much like we do when we need a friend?

Well, whacking someone up with an ax, whether dead or alive (though better dead) doesn't float my boat for being nonviolent.

"I was giving the author the benefit of the doubt up until the part where he shoved the creature into the back of his station wagon and drove him 200 miles away, to protect him from hunters during deer season."

Sounds like a scene from Harry and the Hendersons.

SSR Team

Well, whacking someone up with an ax, whether dead or alive (though better dead) doesn't float my boat for being nonviolent.

"I was giving the author the benefit of the doubt up until the part where he shoved the creature into the back of his station wagon and drove him 200 miles away, to protect him from hunters during deer season."

Sounds like a scene from Harry and the Hendersons.

Yeah it does doesn't, just 15 Years earlier though... ;)

I wonder if they got that particular part of the Film from the Book ?? :)