Finding Bigfoot And Other Reality Shows

Spader

Edited to say to Rod, there have been several respected members of the bigfoot community approached by the production company to involve themselves with the program. Whether Meldrum and others have been propositioned, I don't know. The general consensus of the folks I've talked to is that they want to stay away from the circus that the show has become.

I can understand their concern about associating their names and reputation with what the show has become.

I find this MUCH more interesting... and there are 55+ parts, thus so far:

BFF Patron

Toddster's turn is next..........goodie, goodie!smile.gif

Sandwich stealing sasquatches searching silently so succinctly satiated, so suddenly satisfied, seen sleeping soundly!

Say that out loud with a killer lisp and you will really enjoy that sentence.

OK, who's going to be the first to put it to .mp3 with a few guitar licks and upload to box.net and link to it so we can have a listen? I can't stop humming it..... tongue.gif

Anytime I hear that song or see it referenced I always hear this City Slickers version in my head. lol

http://www.hark.com/clips/hrjpqmrwwb-rawhide

I do not dislike the show but I wonder about how good or useful their approach is to actually finding anything? Like in last night's episode from Minnesota, they had Bobo out in the woods looing only to find that the reported sightings were in a totally different area. Why not find out where the sightings clustered before doing the big camp out? And why not spend more than 3 days in 1 location? Ultimately I think something set up more like Survivorman would be more productive. Get one person into an area and keep him there for some period of time. I also wonder that since, at least in the episode last night, the encounteres reported were closer to town (looking in a window, alongside a jogging trail, etc.) why they do not stake out those areas more. Instead they say well he was seen here in this field looking into this trailer... so we will go wayyyyyyyyyyy out there and look.

• Upvote 1

Shelly Matt has said previously that they don't have more time to stay at locations due to traveling around taping episodes for the series along with their separate personal activities that interfere as well, but he said that they do have members off camera who do stay at locations for longer periods of time. However since most can not afford the expensive equipment to document the sightings and encounters they have then there is usually no video/thermal video of them.

As for last night's show Bobo should have carried insect repellant to keep the skeeters from carrying him off but I guess the scent is supposed to scare bf away. I enjoyed the reports of the tall bf but I think it's possible the runner may have misjudged the bf distance away from her where it could have been closer than she perceived which would make it 8-9' tall instead of 11' tall but I could be wrong. At least there were no invisible cattle drives this time when they were flushing out the supposed bf. They never did show what the collected hair that Bobo collected on the power pole turned out to be from.

I can understand that the production issues for a TV show and the schedules of the people involved may preclude doing things one way or another. My comments were really rather general in that regard. Monsterquest was the same. They checked out one place for a few days. Destination Truth does the same thing. I suppose it would be less interesting or dramatic for a TV show but instead of spending 3 days at 10 locations for a season, I'd spend 30 days at one location.

Still, its an interesting show. I notice that this season (at least from a couple of episodes) they seem to be slightly more skeptical about every little thing they find (at least they appear that way on camera).

Guest KentuckyApeman

The show is unwatchable, its so childish and nonsensical. Hate to say it, but it is.

That's because you have most likely been a BF follower for a while, and are up to date with all the details. The average yahoo knows very little, therefore such a program can be both entertaining and enlightening.

My complaints are that Moneymaker see's a BF behind every tree("there's something on the hill"), and on the other side of that, their resident skeptic Renae dismisses everything outright. :huh:

Her arguement on the Oregon river footage was that the object in the film was a similar size as Bobo on the recreation they did. So we are to assume all BF's are born 7 ft. tall @ 500 lbs? There are no juvenile sized BF's?

Edited by KentuckyApeman

True.

I think the casual Animal Planet watcher may well see the show as exciting and entertaining. Its in its second season, so while some of the bigfoot followers may find the show a bit (ahem) unwatchable, they are apparently finding and audience somewhere.

I can't slam these guys for being on nationwide TV doing something they love........no matter what an armchair critic like myself thinks.

So more power to em.

I do think, however, it would have more appeal to EVERYone in their target audience if they were to be a big more discerning about what they see and hear while out in the woods and talking to supposed eye witnesses.

BFF Patron

Toddster's turn is next..........goodie, goodie!smile.gif

Guess he was on-deck, batter up next week!

Guest Twilight Fan

Wow, I LOVE this show!

Finding Bigfoot is one of the most entertaining things on TV for me, these days. I love cryptozoology shows, MonsterQuest was great while it was on. But this show is just pure hilarity! It is so bad that it's good. Funny, outrageous, and in my eyes, pretty obviously staged! I look forward to laughing every week at the (often clown-like) cast and their antics.

Cliff seems like a nice guy, he's from Oregon as am I. So that's cool. I like all of the "characters" on the show because they truly say some ridiculous things each new episode. I find myself wondering how much crazier they can sound each week. It's great. Matt Moneymaker and Bobo are the worst - for similar reasons. Matt has been searching for "squatches" (which is such a funny word when they say it) for 25 years??? Long time...

I really hope he's not being serious with the claims he makes on the show. The deer carcass was one of the prime examples of his desperation to prove that ANYTHING must be a "sign" that Sasquatch has been in the area. The comedy is perfect in this show, somehow it works! Bobo is equally as silly with comments like; "Squatches like women better than men, because they're less threatening." Okaaay, right. It just cracks me up how these two especially will say crazy things and act like they are facts. That, and how every little bump in the night or wolf howl MUST be a Bigfoot. Also, how nearly every witness interview is credible to them. (They often seem too trusting, in an effort to prove their point...I mean, people can and do lie. Especially if it gets them on TV)!

Ranae seems (to me), like the only person with common sense. She's by far the most quiet cast member. I think Animal Planet gives the others more talking time, because the things they say are purely for entertainment value, while Ranae is more logical and actually thinks before she makes a claim. FB wouldn't be nearly as fun a show to watch if it was more serious. The comedic element is what makes it so unique for a show of this kind. I know it's silly, and ridiculous, but I find myself addicted!

It just cracks me up how these two especially will say crazy things and act like they are facts. That, and how every little bump in the night or wolf howl MUST be a Bigfoot. Also, how nearly every witness interview is credible to them.

*Bobo* saying that *squatches* (I cringe everytime I hear that word, even now) are reported to get submerged in a lake and then slowly come up underneath ducks and pull them under for food.

Much like those attracted to WWE *rastlin"*. You know what it is ahead of time, and just take it for what its worth. Entertaining meant to be serious but it comes off in a comedic way. And as you watch it, there may be the occassional interesting tidbit here and there.

And with all the nonsensical *that's a bigfoot up on the ridge/that must be a pile of squatch scat* stuff they say, I find a hard to endure an entire episode. But I am trying.

It is what it is.

Edited by Biggie
Removed implied profanity/replaced with the word "scat".

Guest Twilight Fan
Bobo* saying that *squatches* (I cringe everytime I hear that word, even now) are reported to get submerged in a lake and then slowly come up underneath ducks and pull them under for food.

I know, right? Instead of cringing, I laugh out loud whenever Bobo (or anyone from the cast) says 'squatch. I never knew before this show that Sasquatch had such lazy slang terms. Though, they are pretty hilarious after being said so many times! :lol: And the duck thing is just something he PFHRE = pulled from his rear end.

And with all the nonsensical *that's a bigfoot up on the ridge/that must be a pile of squatch scat* stuff they say, I find a hard to endure an entire episode. But I am trying.

If you don't enjoy it now, you probably never will. Because I don't think it (or the cast) are ever going to change. The show was popular enough to get a second season. Some of us love the dumb humor, others think; "why bother?" because they're not very serious at all in their "studies" if you can call it that. I kind of think they all know how they look to people, and just play up the humor for a higher paycheck.