What Type Are You?

The guy alone in the corner is laughing again....

Ha! For being all alone, and liking it just fine, thank you, it's getting dam crowded in this corner. Spread out, fellas, will ya?

Edited by tsiatkoVS

What's your definition of a real skeptic (as opposed to a skoftic)? And how would you tell, except for the obvious examples like Saskeptic? I'm appropriately skeptical for most things(in my mind anyway; but then most people probably think that of themselves - we're all above average, donchaknow?) .

Saskeptic is who came to mind. He was an extrovert the first time we did this, I don't think he has retested this time around. Kit was extroverted, I don't think Parn ever took the test but my guess is he is extroverted.

Based on what I've read of extroverts, they simply need to be convinced. Their brains are wired a little differently, if they can't touch it, taste it, see it, smell it, or feel it, it simply isn't real. They are "show me" kind of people. There may be introverted skeptics on here, they just aren't as vocal about it or I wasn't aware of their opinions.

Edited by Jodie

Guest SwampMonster

I thought this topic had gone to the Thread graveyard. Well if folks keep posting, I'll retally when we get to 140 that have tested. I don't think it will change the results much.

I'm good at digging stuff up and reviving them. I must admit that some of my answers were coin tosses, though. As I mentioned in my "reveal", alot depends on the situation and my knowledge/experience with it. I'm sure alot of folks would say the same thing.

Here are the numbers:

ISTJ=6

ISFJ=2

INFJ=5

INTJ=26+ one forum member's SO that was also INTJ that took the test

ISTP=2

ISFP=3

INFP=5

INTP=4

ESTP=0

ESFP=1

ENFP=3

ENTP=1

ESTJ=4

ESFJ=1

ENFJ=1

ENTJ=5

This the percentage for which these types occurr in the general population:

ISTJ: 12-16%

ISFJ: 10-13%

INFJ: 2-3%

INTJ: 3-4%

ISTP: 5-7%

ISFP: 5-7%

INFP: 4-5%

INTP: 5-6%

ESTP: 5-7%

ESFP: 6-9%

ENFP: 6-8%

ENTP: 4-7%

ESTJ: 10-12%

ESFJ: 10-12%

ENFJ: 3-5%

ENTJ: 3-5%

Regardless of the validity of the test, I still think it is significant that 26 folks out of the 70 people who took the test on the forum were INTJ. However, the significance might not be what you immediately assume with that being that a certain personality type is attracted to bigfoot. It might mean what you are seeing here on the forum are all of the arm chair researchers rather than those that do field work on a regular basis. Reason for that could be because IN's in general learn best through conceptual activities that can be done alone or with one other person. The ES's and IS's are the ones that prefer hands on experience.

The only extroverts I was sure of were Inc1 and Kit, both were ENTJ's. I'm not sure that the same trend exists with most extroverts being skeptics this time with the testing simply because I am not familiar with everyone's stance on the issue. For those that gave two answers for several tries, I eliminated you from the count, but you do have a valid point. At times in the past I tested as an ENTJ rather than the INFJ that I seem to have mellowed out to become in my middle age. It does depend on what you are doing and where you are at in life when you take this test as to how you perceive yourself, not necessarily how others perceive you.

The only extroverts I was sure of were Inc1 and Kit, both were ENTJ's.

.......and to muddy the waters, I am ENTJ, apparently, and I am in the other camp from those guys. Not a believer, mind you......an "expector", if you like.

Mike

Was thinking about how the Sasquatch issue seems to tap into a small percentage of the population (INTJ)....was wondering if it's tapped into another small percentage of the population....left handed folks? I wonder if there might be a correlation between the two? How many members here are left handed? I'd be interested to find out the ratio of LH/RH INTJ's, specifically.

BTW...I am a southpaw.

Totally left handed here, and I even chew on the left side,and my left eye is my dominate eye. I was the only left-handed person born on either side of the family as far back as we know.

.......and to muddy the waters, I am ENTJ, apparently, and I am in the other camp from those guys. Not a believer, mind you......an "expector", if you like.

Mike

I'm far from in the same "camp" as Kitakaze. I am straddling the proverbial fence.

• masterbarber locked this topic