Is The Skookum Cast Still Considered To Be A Potential Bigfoot Lay?

BFF Patron

Your post makes absolutely no sense.   I am starting to see what the problem is when I basically agree with you that it is likely an elk but you still argue with me.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Guest OntarioSquatch

It doesn't seem like anyone here believes that a Bigfoot made the impression. 

Also, just because someone doesn't believe that an elk made it, doesn't mean they're delusional. 

Well OS, I dont dismiss Swindlers testimony on the cast, he seemed pretty convinced a large primate made that lay. Even if I think its probably a Bear.

Which means for those of us that hold the mind set there is a possibility of a living creature out there? It certainly wouldnt be a bad spot to go look.

No they cannot levitate WITHOUT leaving hoof tracks.

Your jumping elk is leaving hoof prints behind to follow.

Mercy sake its such a simple concept!!!!! Im about ready to rent an elk and a sand box. <smashes forehead on keyboard repeatedly>

attachicon.gifskookumelkprints2.jpg

Here's a deer lay in the snow. Did it levitate?

attachicon.gifDeerBed.jpg

Your showing me a deer lay with fresh snow inside it potentially covering sign? Really?

I highly suggest you go to Amazon and buy a "Tracking 101" book.

Guest Crowlogic

Your post makes absolutely no sense.   I am starting to see what the problem is when I basically agree with you that it is likely an elk but you still argue with me.

Then we agree on the elk lay.  I did not get your drift when I first read your post.  My fault.

BFF Patron

I don't know what made it but probability and the tenants of Occam's razor would suggest:

elk tracks everywhere+ elk hair everywhere+ form and fit of the impression can match an elk = most likely elk lay.       If I am wrong it is because the argument for something else is not strong enough to overcome the evidence present.     

I cannot see Crows self delusion playing with respect to the Skookum cast since it seems to me that over half the proponents here think it an elk lay.    The only self delusion would be someone that claims that means some sort of mass delusion on the part of proponents.     Wrong thing to pick Crow or have you not paid attention that many people are calling it an elk lay or bear lay or are not sure what it is?    

Well, it's hard to see that some or most Bigfoot proponents believe its an elk lay when the loudest, most insistent voices' sole argument is that 1) no elk tracks + 2) elk don't levitate = Bigfoot.  Like it or not, that becomes the voice of proponents because it is the loudest voice in the room. 

Edited repeatedly since b + ) = B) 

Edited by Trogluddite

I highly suggest you go to Amazon and buy a "Tracking 101" book.

Hi Norseman,

I took your suggestion and checked out Amazon and searched for a Tracking 101 book. All I could find is Tracking the 101st Cavalry, 101 Dalmatians, Nuke 101, Matchmoving 101, 101 Languages of the World, and Surf Route 101. 

Which one should I buy?

Thanks Norse, I'll have to take a look at that book.

But for now lets stay on the topic.

skookumelkprintscopy.jpg

skookum2.jpg

skookum-elk-comp-anim.gif

Science and bigfoot sometimes don't go together. This is a perfect example in my opinion. Do you (or anyone) think Dr Meldrum is confident in his findings with this impression? How should this effect my confidence in future findings when things like this stick out like a sore thumb and nothing is addressed or revised? It gives me confidence that the scientists involved are not above confirmation bias, and not above reproach. In my opinion when it degrades to that point - it is no longer science. It is laughable. That is exactly what things like this bring to the table for bigfoot enthusiasts. Bigfooters say that they want this subject to be taken more serious. The scientists involved say they want the subject taken more serious. Yet- things like this are not addressed and requests for revision + opposing evidence ignored. As long as "we" collectively consume it - it's going to keep happening. When "we" as a whole stand up and say BS things can change. I'm hoping that may be the case with this skookum cast.

The evidence is overwhelming - yet it remains officially a bigfoot impression to Dr Meldrum.

Bigfoot:
no tracks leading up to or away from said impression
no hairs
nothing identifiable as bigfoot there.
to believe this scenario you must believe and have faith in the words of bigfoot enthusiasts - because that is the only evidence of any bigfoot there is words. You also must believe that the bigfoot performed some neat gymnastics and that it left no hairs in the mud despite leaving excellent hair impressions that had elk hairs in it.

Elk:
tracks present leading up to and away from impression.
hairs present.
the impression is identifiable as an elk impression.
to believe this scenario you can rely on facts and physical evidence.

I agree with this.

There is nothing left to discuss, we will have to agree to disagree and be amicable about it.

I own that book and its well worth the money.

If you take a look at the Elk Transit image and then the Skookum Cast image. Are you telling me you honestly don't see the elk tracks in the Skookum Cast?

post-20074-0-23394900-1440339609_thumb.j

post-20074-0-07645800-1440339662_thumb.j

There is nothing left to discuss, we will have to agree to disagree and be amicable about it.

Wish more threads ended this way.  Not saying that the discussion or debate shouldn't play out, but at some point shouting at each other with bullhorns (all caps, bright red letters, or off-topic photo montages) should give way to this. 

This is what happens when there is nothing new to discuss. Re-re-re-re-relitigation of things debunked years earlier.

4grr0x.jpg

In keeping with the fun I present this^^^.  Hilarity ensues.

• masterbarber unpinned this topic