10 Reasons Why Bigfoot's A Bust

Guest HairyGreek

I don't know about "necessary." Like I wrote earlier, I'd just leave it as "I don't know why there are no bigfoot fossils."

How would that be any fun? Conjecture and hypothesis is part of what makes this site fun for me.

Again, sure. But such explanations require the invention of material culture not reported for such creatures.

Agreed. The problem with this and the fire argument below though is that they rely on eyewitness accounts of monitered behavior. Reports would indicate they are watching us though. Not the other way around. There are very little in the way of reports where someone has claimed to watch one or more Sasquatch going about their day. I remember a few stories about their hunting techniques but the rest...nothing. If they are real, one thing is for certain: no one watches them. They watch us and let us know when they are doing it sometimes for whatever purpose that may serve.

The data are the likelihood that burial preserves bodies to enhance preservation. The data are also negative data, in terms of the lack of data that bigfoots make fires (and pyres). The latter are anecdotal data derived from the alleged eyewitness encounters of bigfoots.

See above for some of my answer. They could bury each other in water as well. Very hard to find remains of any sort over any time if this is the custom. Sorry, off topic. Just came to me. Anyways, thanks for clearing up my understanding on which data we are talking about as it refers to the former, not the latter of your two statements above.

Sweet link and a good read. Sounds a little like they may be seeing what they want out of this though. This could have been a stoning or some sort of avalanche which would explain why their hands were at their heads. JMO. Still cool.

1) Why does there have to be a "better" reason?

2) There are other reasons than these two that do not require a physical bigfoot.

1) Because I find them as unlikely as Bigfoot in the numbers and consistancy of detail by eyewitnesses.

2)Like? Please, no hoaxing or attention claims. Most folks don't want to give their name or exact location to anyone. I am interested in what you think it is most likely.

The UK and Tasmania are hardly the same size as North America so you would need to do a per capita comparison I would think.

You would also have to take into account the fact that those "1000s of sightings" of BF are an amalgamation of every recorded sighting on record, a lot of which go back years and decades.

We both know that even if Munns' final report is extremely well done with all the right T's crossed and I's dotted and he says "It cannot possibly be a man in a suit" that the same arguments (amongst the same people) will pause for about 15 seconds...aaaaaand start right up again!

You are probably correct, unfortunately.

Guest BlurryMonster

well stated BobZenor - I think Paleo Anthropology could be called a pseudo-science, so many assumptions being made on so little evidence and obviously millions and billions of pieces of the homo genus puzzle are missing

This is pretty offensive, IMO. Just because you don't like the conclusions doesn't make a science invalid, and the same goes for the evidence used to draw those conclusions. Just because you can't see from where conclusions are drawn doesn't mean that people who spend their lives studying that evidence are making them up. It really disappoints me what a bad rep anthropology gets from people just because things anthropologists say disagree with what they've already made their minds up about.

Could we know more about hominid evolution? Certainly, and I think we will know more as more fossils are found. But, lots of stuff has already been found, and what we currently have to go on has already taught us a whole lot. If you don't believe me, start researching it yourself, preferably in some credible manner.

Guest StankApe

As BlurryMonster said, much of what we know in science is based on educated speculation. But scientists don't rest on these laurels, they continue to improve the level of information by increased study. people didn't hear E=MC2 and just go "oh okay, if you say so!" they worked for years testing it and doing the work to try and prove/disprove it. Until eventually they ecided that it was a valid hypothesis.

Guest HairyGreek

As BlurryMonster said, much of what we know in science is based on educated speculation. But scientists don't rest on these laurels, they continue to improve the level of information by increased study. people didn't hear E=MC2 and just go "oh okay, if you say so!" they worked for years testing it and doing the work to try and prove/disprove it. Until eventually they ecided that it was a valid hypothesis.

I was going to make a joke that you have something brown on your nose, but then I looked at your avatar and lost it. :lol:

• 5 years later...
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2011 at 4:46 PM, Guest said:

Here is my considered deconstruction of this article.

Ben Radford HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have jousted with that dude mano a mano on innumerable occasions.  His opinion on this topic is worthless.

DWA has necro-bumped 19 threads in the past several days.

I could be wrong, but it sure appears to be a blatant and sad attempt to pad one's post count.

Do you get a free tshirt and a cookie with 10 000 posts?

:)

• Upvote 1

Maybe he's trying to lure out the ever elusive ex-poster turned lurker.

Or believes if he reads every sing dingle wingle post from past skeptics he'll become a skeptic expert like he did with BF and reports.  He'll be the forums first skeptert! :lol:

Edited by Twist

All I see from the exercise is that zero has been advanced in the subject. In a way the whole shebang is backfiring. Too late to turn back now though. HEY CORNER! Meet your painter.

In a sort of Machiavellian way though it just may work in my favor by sparking a drive to see something get accomplished on the Bigfoot front......finally. 

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

He was encouraged by the world's most dangerous poster. They've got a thing, you know.

• Upvote 1

On 6/16/2017 at 5:44 PM, DWA said:

Here is my considered deconstruction of this article.

Ben Radford HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have jousted with that dude mano a mano on innumerable occasions.  His opinion on this topic is worthless.

As usual, it is only in your head that you were the victor.

On 6/16/2017 at 4:26 PM, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Do you get a free tshirt and a cookie with 10 000 posts?

:)

You get a Junior Bigfoot Researcher kit, which consists of an angel DNA collection kit and a permanently out of focus camera. Pretty sweet deal.

• Upvote 1

I enjoy seeing these older threads.  

It's not like this place is hopping and lots of new threads are being introduced.

It's good to see how just a few years ago, there was a good number of some really intelligent posters who seem to have disappeared.  Some interesting comments made, and everyone coming from different perspectives.

I'd suggest that if someone is offended - they don't open the thread.

Rather, save your breath - as you'll need every bit of it to blow up your date for tonight.

• masterbarber locked this topic