Scariest Sasquatch Encounters You've Read/heard

Scarecrow

http://www.bigfooten.../spiritlake.htm

"Dr. Otto Trott, Lee Stark and I finally came to the conclusion that the mountain devils got him," said Lee seriously.

my wife and i went to mt st. Helen's during our honeymoon,in 2000 on the way back we pulled onto a dirt road and went a little walk for some honeymoon highlights,

I didn't know about these stories then,if I did I never would have stopped. Talk about a bad place to be caught in the middle of your honeymoon highlights !biggrin.gif

Admin

Two that really stick with me are Bobby Hamilton's report where the BF looked in the window, grinned and motioned for Bobby to come to him (Bobby was a young child at the time), and the NC report where the BF came in the cellar, up the stairs, and tried to get into the house.

Guest Yeti1974

Didn't the 911 Bigfoot call guy see his dog get thrown by a Bigfoot across his yard (before the infamous call took place)?

Taken in total with his sighting a week later, pretty scary.

Guest runswithwinchester

I just read the "COWMAN" the other night pretty scary, especially the part where the creature side-swiped the twelve yr old.

I just read the "COWMAN" the other night pretty scary, especially the part where the creature side-swiped the twelve yr old.

Seems like it was saying: "I can do this to your offspring any time I want and you can't stop me". A definitely threatening message.

Guest WIKayaker

Many of the southeastern Wisconsin stories are of a more aggressive creature...the hundreds of Beast of Bray Road stories.

This one, from a night watchman in 1938:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060321220211/http://www.weird-wi.com/brayroad/schackelman.htm

Some excerpts....a nightwatchman at an institution two miles east of Jefferson. ...encountered a creature...about midnight...two nights during 1936...

.kneeling on the peak of a mound of earth, clawing at the ground. ...an Indian burial mound.

The face-to-face encounter came the next night. At that time, when the nightwatchman aproached the creature, again digging in the same spot, it stood up and squared off with the man. That nightwatchman described the creature as "over six foot tall, covered with dark or black hair, giving off a bad, bad odor ... like long-dead meat ... eyes that looked right into me ... and it made a sound. It was a three syllable growl, low and mean, something like "gadarrah" with the accent on the second syllable." That nightwatchman who had been a professional heavyweight boxer stated, "the hair on the back of my neck stood up and I knew this thing could kill me if it wanted to." ...

Of course there is more at the link.

Pop, tree stand, bigfoot & cans of ice tea... :)

I can't remember where I got this from but it's a good one!

One of my clients and pretty good friends has a customer whose father in law is alleged to have been reduced to a neurotic child by a terrifying SQ encounter. I have spoken to the son in law once, but "Pop" is extremely resistant to talk to anyone outside his family. I know who Pop is because he is very accomplished in a mechanical field that I'm very interested in, but I've never dealt with him. His overall reputation as a person is stellar on a bad day.

Pop loved to hunt. To avoid divorce, when he neared early retirement he and wife got some land in Smith County, TX so he could hunt often without all the disruption of taking expeditions all over the place. That satisfied wifey and he hoped to retire in peace.

Last November he was in his very nice north-facing custom deer stand on his land about 1,500 feet from the house when he heard steps coming from the south. Once the steps got about 50' away he barked out a trespassing warning to leave and never come back. He could not see behind him because the stand is mounted on a very large tree.

The steps stopped, then in 4 quick strides the creature appeared just to the side of the tree, slightly forward of it, and spun around and looked right at him. Pop started screaming and this upset the creature, which screamed too and approached the stand and JUMPED UP, trying to reach him or grab the bottom of the stand (15' up to bottom) and pull the whole thing down.

Once he got his wits a little assembled, he went on the defensive and leaned up to donate a .270 round to the animal, but he was so scared that he dropped his gun over the rail, which threw him into a panic. The SQ had already touched the bottom of the stand with two jumps and he felt his life was in extreme danger.

Survival mode kicked in hard and he went for the only weapon he could think of - cans of iced tea! Right as he leaned down to open the cooler and ****** a can of tea, the SQ backed up a few steps and Pop believed the SQ was about to get a running start so it could jump higher and get him out of the tree (I think it's possible that it wanted to keep Pop in sight - the front of the stand was solid and covered with brush for camo - he bent down to open the cooler and the SQ backed up to keep him in view - just a theory).

Pop sprang up and whaled a can of tea as hard as he could at the SQ and nailed it square in the upper face, which made it double over and groan loudly, hands over face. It seemed dizzy and surprised. Then Pop poured the ice and water from the cooler on it, and that wigged it out in grand fashion. Just as he followed by throwing the cooler at it (missed) too, it tore off to a nearby treeline by the creek and watched him through a crook in a tree, rocking side-to-side.

Right then Pop was just about bowled over by the realization that he had his Colt 1911 with him in his backpack. He dug the gun out of the bottom of the bag, aimed at the creature's head and fired. Nothing happened - he didn't have one up the snout. So he then racked the slide and right then the thing took off into the brush to the north and crossed the creek shortly after being out of site. He got off one shot and is certain he missed by a wide margin.

Pop waited a short while and dismounted the stand to return home. He was white as a sheet and crying when he got there, and it was the first time in 32 years his wife had seen him cry, or even noticeably scared. Since then he will not hunt, will not penetrate the treeline around the house, and will not even leave the patio after sunset.

Here's the kicker - a couple of weeks ago Pop's truck broke down on the thickly wooded private dirt road leading from the FM to the house. He was stranded in the middle of a sunny afternoon about 700 feet from the house. Instead of walking home, he shut himself in the truck and kept calling people on his cell phone until he found someone to come and get him for the 20 second car ride to the house!

His son in law received a hysterical voice mail message of Pop, sobbing, begging for him to come help, so the guy had to drive all the way from Nacadoches to give a hardened combat veteran and lifelong adventurous outdoorsman a very short ride from the front yard to the front door. And Pop had a .44 magnum Colt Python on him, which he now always has with him.

In September our cabin's outside door, lightweight aluminum, was opened after we had gone to bed. She was aseep but I heard it. I did not hear it shut however. I wish there was a peep hole in it. But I never left the bed. No not me. Even cover the window in my bedroom. Something has been visiting the yard there. Hopefully a game cam will give us the answer.

Many of the southeastern Wisconsin stories are of a more aggressive creature...the hundreds of Beast of Bray Road stories.

This one, from a night watchman in 1938:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060321220211/http://www.weird-wi.com/brayroad/schackelman.htm

Some excerpts....a nightwatchman at an institution two miles east of Jefferson. ...encountered a creature...about midnight...two nights during 1936...

.kneeling on the peak of a mound of earth, clawing at the ground. ...an Indian burial mound.

The face-to-face encounter came the next night. At that time, when the nightwatchman aproached the creature, again digging in the same spot, it stood up and squared off with the man. That nightwatchman described the creature as "over six foot tall, covered with dark or black hair, giving off a bad, bad odor ... like long-dead meat ... eyes that looked right into me ... and it made a sound. It was a three syllable growl, low and mean, something like "gadarrah" with the accent on the second syllable." That nightwatchman who had been a professional heavyweight boxer stated, "the hair on the back of my neck stood up and I knew this thing could kill me if it wanted to." ...

Of course there is more at the link.

Try looking up Gadara. It's interesting.

Guest Kronprinz Adam

Try looking up Gadara. It's interesting.

Hi Jodie!!! I also read that creepy creature...I was looking for Bigfoot reports when I found that...now I try to avoid "goatman" and "dogman" stories because they are scary (and out of my everyday reality :rolleyes: )

• masterbarber locked this topic