Is There Any Cases Of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (Ptsd) Following Close Encounters ?

If there were such cases, is there testimony by doctors about the people who had these encounters ? and if they did any regression therapy ?

if anybody knows of any, please post them.

thanks

There is this page:

http://sierratahoebi...-those-who.html

which mentions a case of it, but I don't know if it was officially diagnosed by an actual professional. I googled "post traumatic stress disorder encounters bigfoot" and got about 180,000 hits.

https://www.google.c...154l154l0.1l1l0

I have been diagnosed with PTSD from another matter, not bigfoot. And I saw a bigfoot, but not in a scary (for me) situation So I, from my low little vantage point, imagine it would be common to have PTSD from a scary kind of encounter. That could certainly happen, I am thinking. You can get serious willies and persistent anxiety at the very least from any kind encounter. IMO

Zigo, did you see one and are still upset about it?

Edited by Kings Canyon

There is this page:

http://sierratahoebi...-those-who.html

which mentions a case of it, but I don't know if it was officially diagnosed by an actual professional. I googled "post traumatic stress disorder encounters bigfoot" and got about 180,000 hits.

https://www.google.c...154l154l0.1l1l0

I have been diagnosed with PTSD from another matter, not bigfoot. And I saw a bigfoot, but not in a scary (for me) situation So I, from my low little vantage point, imagine it would be common to have PTSD from a scary kind of encounter. That could certainly happen, I am thinking. You can get serious willies and persistent anxiety at the very least from any kind encounter. IMO

Zigo, did you see one and are still upset about it?

no, never saw one, I'm pretty much fearless(sharks are my kryptonite), but If I were to run into one while bow hunting, that perception of myself would be changed in a second. It's just hard to Imagine being face to face

with such giant,powerful animal. the people there were in those situations would have to be traumatized.

Well I go out and about where I believe they lurk. I am not real tall and I am kind of stove-up, so I am not an imposing specimen, myself, anymore. I try to imagine remaining quiet and smiling a little, maybe a tilt of the head, if I should run right up into one. I am not hunting, though.

Maybe drop the bow? Bow not gonna be much help anyway. I trust you also bring a gun.

Make enough noise when you get there that they know you are there. Blast a whistle even. Don't want to surprise them.

If you are sure they are around, maybe you could leave them a liver and a haunch in a tree. Be less to carry out.

Edited by Kings Canyon

I would imagine that seeing a Bigfoot when you are not expecting to see one would be traumatic, and if the encounter seemed dangerous then I believe that person would have Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.

I had it as a child after seeing a UFO up close and personal mainly because I did not think that they were real!

I had trouble sleeping, being left alone, afraid of the dark, you name it, I had it for a long time after my sighting.

My sister totally blocked it out, and to this day if I mention that experience she freezes up and says "I don't know what you are talking about". She has totally blocked it out, but subconsciously she remembers it. :( I wish that I could block it out.. :blink:

BFF Patron

We had a really good PTSD thread on the old forum. Some day we'll access that again. I believe it was started by old members LePetit Pied and C. LeKanth.

It's definitely something to think about when you plan your Sasquatchin' strategies. What will happen and what will or should I do if I catch up to one or more

likely they catch up to or approach me, it should be in your every thought process if you are pursuing an active research plan.

If you know why you are in the search it will help you process your experiences should a sighting occur. :thumbsup:

Not all sightings are traumatic but most will rock your world order!

I don't know about formally diagnosed PTSD, but there are two pretty-well known incidents that left the witness with deep psychological scars, both of which have been discussed here before.

The first was the psychologist who spotted one apparently stalking his family. He is still unable to relate the incident w/o becoming extremely emotional.

The other was the hunter who almost got pulled out of his tree stand by one who became so paranoid that he refused to even set foot on his back porch unarmed. He once stalled out in his driveway (they lived about a mile off of the road) and instead of walking the couple 100 feet back to the house he spent over an hour locked in his car frantically calling everyone he knew for a ride. This later incident, IIRC happened in Texas.

Guest exnihilo

My friend was charged by a BF at age 14. He reports that he was unable to "be alone" without his back against the wall and a pistol in his hand for about a year afterwards. He says that the encounter "ruined his life" and deeply affected his future attitudes and behavior.

Guest BFSleuth

My friend was charged by a BF at age 14. He reports that he was unable to "be alone" without his back against the wall and a pistol in his hand for about a year afterwards. He says that the encounter "ruined his life" and deeply affected his future attitudes and behavior.

It seems that the comments from your friend follow similar reports from other people that have been negatively impacted by their encounter.

I'm wondering whether the sighting in some way fundamentally shakes their world view, the "man is the ultimate entity on the planet" world view. I've heard other comments saying in so many words that they feel completely vulnerable after the encounter.

It's almost like it taps into that primordial archetype of the monster in our dreams.

I would imagine that seeing a Bigfoot when you are not expecting to see one would be traumatic, and if the encounter seemed dangerous then I believe that person would have Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.

I had it as a child after seeing a UFO up close and personal mainly because I did not think that they were real!

I had trouble sleeping, being left alone, afraid of the dark, you name it, I had it for a long time after my sighting.

My sister totally blocked it out, and to this day if I mention that experience she freezes up and says "I don't know what you are talking about". She has totally blocked it out, but subconsciously she remembers it. :( I wish that I could block it out.. :blink:

Did you ever think of regression therapy ? children have a really hard time with such an event,at early ages they still have problems understanding the difference between reality and sub conscious

imaginary thoughts it challenges there reality. I had some experiences that still makes me wonder what exactly occurred.

There are so many people having sightings and experiences lately that IMO, there is going to be an event for the whole world to see. here is an article about scientist studying human dna

that stated they believe we are hybrids. Scientists confirm Extraterrestrial genes in Human DNA

have a nice holiday.smile.gif

Guest exnihilo

bigfootcoverx.jpg

This cover off of Loren Coleman's Apes In America book has always struck me as capturing the truly unsettling nature of BF as reported -- a huge wild creature that is just human enough to suggest that there's absolutely no chance to outwit it. It is a deeply disturbing idea, and completely removes the aura of supremacy over the natural world that most humans carry with them.

It seems that the comments from your friend follow similar reports from other people that have been negatively impacted by their encounter.

I'm wondering whether the sighting in some way fundamentally shakes their world view, the "man is the ultimate entity on the planet" world view. I've heard other comments saying in so many words that they feel completely vulnerable after the encounter.

It's almost like it taps into that primordial archetype of the monster in our dreams.

That idea fits nicely with the Neanderthal Predation theory that some are beginning to espouse, to wit, that H Sapiens was nearly wiped out by predatory behaivor on the part of Neanderthal "Man". The survivors were those genetically predisposed towards shunning upright, very hairy humanoids and the trait was passed on.

See the book "Them and Us" for details on the NP theory and it's supporting evidence.

That idea fits nicely with the Neanderthal Predation theory that some are beginning to espouse, to wit, that H Sapiens was nearly wiped out by predatory behaivor on the part of Neanderthal "Man". The survivors were those genetically predisposed towards shunning upright, very hairy humanoids and the trait was passed on.

See the book "Them and Us" for details on the NP theory and it's supporting evidence.

Wow, Another book I need to purchase! I really need to spend more time **Reading** the books that I already have instead of hanging out here 24/7. :rolleyes: I'm actually being sincere. :blink:

Guest TexasTracker

Hello all,

New to the forums here. I am a BFRO guy from Texas. When I'm not doing this, I'm A critical Care RN working in an ICU. I am also a veteran of Operation Desert Storm, so it's safe to say I have some experience with PTSD, both personal and treating the condition.

As it relates to BF encounters, I have no doubt that a close encounter (Class A) could result in PTSD. In fact, I've listed that as one of my primary areas of focus for BF investigation, the "human response". I am short of time here because it's Christmas morning and the family is calling, but I'd love to participate in this discussion and learn what I can from individuals that have had the experience.

Hope to pick this thread up again soon,

TT

What about people who hunt big game animals. I would think they would be less suseptible to PTSD because of being closer to wild animals and in their midst more. Rather than some Grandmother walking on a hike in the woods for exercise and seeing some huge creature.

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic