Is There Any Cases Of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (Ptsd) Following Close Encounters ?

wudewasa,

Your friends sound lucky in at least some degree, good on ya for tryin' ta help. The ol' brainbox can leave ya in a classical mess easy as.

On a lighter note. After a week on the BFF, I sometimes come down with a mild case of PTSD...that's why I self medicate with a few wobbly-pops come friday.

Pat...

Guest TexasTracker

Wud,

I deal with this on a professional level and I applaud you for helping your friends.... Everyone will recommend professional help, but the simple fact is (and the common denominator in cases) is that the person has experienced something beyond what they can process. Be it a murder, being raped, having an animal that shouldn't exist confront you... all same end result...

Simply letting him/her discuss it is great therapy... That what friends do, let them air out their feelings... Keep it up and if they feel like things are improving, "slow and steady wins the race"....

Wish there were more like you buddy

• 4 years later...

I've read of a number of encounters that couldn't be anything but, based on what I understand of PTSD.

When you stop doing an activity, or going to a place, that you loved, that was an integral part of your life, before your encounter, if that isn't PTSD I'd like to know what is.  There are also cases of "I sleep with doors and windows locked and lights on."  And recurring nightmares.

And of course, a problem in tracking treatment is that I haven't read one where the witness went to a doc and said, I saw a bigfoot and it's ruined my life.

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic