Can Bigfoot Swim?

Guest Twilight Fan

You beat me to it Tautriadelta.......one source says more than all other animals combined!

People that work with them on a daily basis will tell you they can be Satan incarnate.

Hippos are the most dangerous animal in Africa aside from the mosquito.
You beat me to it Tautriadelta.......one source says more than all other animals combined!

Sorry.......but that's an urban myth. The one thing that everyone thinks they know about African animals is that the hippo is the most dangerous. Well, the reality is at odds with this. That "fact" is simply apocryphal.

The most dangerous animals in Africa, besides mosquitoes and humans, are feral dogs (20,000 to 25,000 deaths per annum), and snakes, roughly 20,000 deaths per annum. Hippos kill around 30 people per year. Lions kill hundreds of people every year. In other words, hippos are trivially unimportant in the list of dangerous African animals. They probably are less dangerous than bees and wasps.

Mike

Check out Basil, at Mukambi in Zambia. This is a wild hippo, and friends of mine own the lodge I see him like this most days I'm there.

Edited by MikeG

Guest wudewasa

As a child in the late 70s/early 80s, I owned this paperback called "Bigfoot and Nessie." It had the all the classic bigfoot accounts like Ostman, Bluff Creek, Fouke Monster etc. There was also an account of a bigfoot that was sighted near a boat, interfering with either lines or nets and became entangled in the gear. I think the story came from the PNW or Vancouver.

Yeah, I don't personally consider anything Mr. Bobo Fay says to be credible. No offense to him, but it seems like he is high on something most of the time. (The fumes of squatch, perhaps? :)) He's hilarious no doubt! But I wouldn't take him too seriously. You have to remember, this is the same guy who stated bigfeet prefer women to men, like it was fact, and how they hunt ducks underwater, etc...Lots of crazy claims, but no evidence.

I find this somewhat humorous too TF...

#1 Raises a question. It's something that alternately irks me/makes me laugh when people are talking about "bigfeet"...

Why do people always say "HE"... ?

Common sense and logic would dictate that there are most likely equal numbers (if not more) female's out there in the woods..

#2 So corresponding to #1, are female Bigfeet attracted more to male researchers?

I mean it would only make sense to assume so- being we're going to accept the males prefer women researchers... No ?

Just thinkin outloud...

Art.

Guest Twilight Fan
I find this somewhat humorous too TF...

#1 Raises a question. It's something that alternately irks me/makes me laugh when people are talking about "bigfeet"...

Why do people always say "HE"... ?

Common sense and logic would dictate that there are most likely equal numbers (if not more) female's out there in the woods..

#2 So corresponding to #1, are female Bigfeet attracted more to male researchers?

I mean it would only make sense to assume so- being we're going to accept the males prefer women researchers... No ?

#1 - Good questions, Art. I guess we call Bigfoot a "he" because when people think of a giant, hairy creature of the woods who is 9 feet tall, that seems much more manly than any woman's height/girth/or amount of hair! :lol: Haha, I don't know why else. We call ships "SHE," so why not Bigfoot a "HE?" Thar she blows! (It is funny when you think about it though, since the best video of BF was of a supposed female!)

#2 - I don't think Bobo meant that male Bigfeet were attracted to human females, per se. I think he was trying to say that human females are less threatening to them than human men, probably because we females are smaller and weaker than men. That's how I took it.

• 5 years later...
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2012 at 5:18 PM, Guest Twilight Fan said:

I was just wondering, have there ever been any eyewitness reports/sightings of an alleged Bigfoot swimming in water? It would be strange if so, since monkeys and apes alike cannot swim. I wonder, if real, whether or not Sasquatch would have that ability? It would certainly set him apart from other primates, along with humans.

First, we're finding out we are wrong about that whole ape/monkey swimming thing.  Rivers used to be considered barriers to gorilla distribution in Africa; that theory has gone by the boards.  Crabeating macacques are outstanding swimmers and get their food from the water.  Proboscis monkeys are strong swimmers.  There's more.

And there is copious evidence that sasquatch may be the most aquatically competent primate, very much including us.  They've been seen, among other things, crossing major rivers, and even in the ocean - off Alaska no less - out of sight of land.

A little quick read here:  http://woodape.org/index.php/about-bigfoot/bigfoot-description  Swimming's at the bottom but this is a good overview of other stuff too.

They can swim. Have a family member that watched one swimming and playing in a pond for over an hour. In the 70's when I was young kid, we always fished since we lived on the lake. My parents would take us to drive in movies every weekend back then. One weekend we also Creature from Black Lake. I loved those movies but the opening seen in Creature, when the arm comes up and drags that guy out of the flat bottom boat, I wouldn't go fishing for months after that. I'm a serious tournament bass angler here and to this day I'm always just looking in the water for that stuff lol. Just something always in the back of my mind that arm reaching up and grabbing that guy. But too many reports of them being seen swimming or just in the water to not assume they swim. Maybe like humans, some learn how to swim and some never learn how. I don't think they all know how to swim but some sure do.

• Upvote 1

Agreed, they can swim.   The first one I saw was initially wading but eventually it dropped into deeper water and swam away around the bend in the river, head and upper shoulders above the water.    I don't know about underwater but there's reason to believe they swim well enough to steal salmon out of the tribal people's nets on the Klamath.

MIB

• Upvote 1

• masterbarber locked this topic