Bigfoot Vs. Motor Vehicles: Any Credible Evidence?

bipedalist

Guest krakatoa

A friend of mine told me he tried this twice in N. Ca. Once on a CB and once on a cellphone . In both cases a black government van appeared within 15 minutes..

No offense, but I find your friend harder to believe than bigfoot.

Guest krakatoa

Well yeah. Once, he told me he could eat a horse.

"Ha!" I said. "Always with the exaggerations and the tall tales."

He proceeded to eat a horse. Not really because he wanted to, but to prove a point.

I wouldn't have minded so much, but it was a long walk out of the wilderness without my ride.

changed your post BP as suggested...

That wouldnt exactly require "rocket science" type intelligence to figure out after a while, and I'm not one that believes in some highly advanced intelligence in them- otherwise you'd see alot more tool use, and they should have at least mastered fire at some point...

Art1972

But what if they do not need fire and the coat that they have is good enough for them to stay warm.Intelligence does not have to be on how we see it on our selfs.Who knows why these creatures could be near roads and happen to pop out .Maybe chasing cars or trucks is their way of showing off their abilities,some type of primal thing that is in us all.:)

Mike G

Thank you on your reply on how to qoute,that just made my life easier. :D

I was actually hoping to get Oregonman to say a little more....A friend of mine told me he tried this twice in N. Ca. Once on a CB and once on a cellphone . In both cases a black government van appeared within 15 minutes..

I've heard similar stories, from credible sources...but it's likely just an urban legend. I would never misuse 911, but it's tempting to try it once. ^_^

This would be classified as daredevil IMO.

Sis and bro coming home from school in November 1978 and got a mile from home when a large two footed hairy guy jumped over the hood of their car. It was not a small car, unless you think a '69 Pontiac is small. It scared Sis so bad she nearly lost control. There were lots of expletives coming from her and my little bro said he distinctly saw two very thick and hairy legs. He also got a glimpse of a pelvic area as it cleared the hood.

They were, needless to say, extremely shook up. I was a skeptic thru and thru at the time and did not believe them. I don't think they slept for two days after that. That's all they would talk about. I finally told them, it was probably a big bird.

BFF Patron

I had a '65 Pontiac and yeah, if that thing had kissed metal it would have been a hurting situation for all of them....... blink.gif

Admin

BFF Patron

Near miss (wondering if it had already been hit)

http://www.oregonbig...il.php?id=01051

Well this one is rather fantastic in terms of speed, strength and agility. It makes you wonder whether something was playing possum/chicken and not really seriously hurt?

Admin

Yes, that one seemed almost superhuman in terms of abilities and makes you wonder about the validity of it. But I thought it was interesting and decided to include it for fun anyway.

The VERY first story of the 'Skunkape' I ever heard was of a car strike along the U.S 27 corridor near the Florida Everglades in 1975.

I think this may be it, although, according to the linked page, there were several of these in South Florida in 1974-75.

"OKEECHOBEE COUNTY-Lake Okeechobee,Fl./ Near Lake Okeechobee, motorist hit a Skunk Ape about 11:30 PM. /

Driver was coming over a bridge when a large creature that was man like, walked in front of car./ He tried to avoid hitting

it but couldn't./ It ran on two legs./ There was hair and it was sent to be analyzed./ Car fender and door was damaged."

Skunkapefiles

Careful, that HTML background will blind you.

By the way...This made news throughout Florida. At that time, I was in fifth grade north of the Tampa Bay Area, and saw it on Pulse 13 News, which was the CBS affiliate.

Or maybe this one...As I said, there were several like it:

"In January 1974, the Hialeah Gardens police department responded with a helicopter search along a section of highway U. S. 27 after a motorist reported to the Florida Highway Patrol that he had hit a 7 foot tall hairy creature that was crossing the road. The shaken motorist said that after hitting the thing, it attacked his car and made threatening growling sounds before limping off into the swamp. One of the police officers involved in the search for the monster spotted the big hairy ape-like creature about five miles from where the motorist had struck it. While the incident was reported in several newspapers, and personnel from both the law enforcement agencies recall the incident, there are no official records relating to the event since no formal charges were filed against anyone."

From this website:

Weird Florida

For the record, we moved to New Port Richey, near Tampa, in 1974, so it could have been either of these.

There is a user here who remembers seeing what may have been a dead bf on the side of the highway for several days where he eventually saw a state trooper checking the corpse but no one ever confirmed it or gave any likely evidence that was left on the car which struck the possible bf where the samples could have been analyzed. They may have thought that they hit a person and did not want to be prosecuted who knows. In either case there is no credible evidence of course but I felt they were a worthy mention.

Yeah, I believe that may have been a bridge over I-81 river crossing in southwest VA as I remember.......that sounded like a pretty odd incident for sure.

Hey guys, that was me. It wasn't a river crossing, it was on the southbound highway 11W overpass on I-81. Mile marker 5. There is a creek nearby the flows under the interstate. Yeah, I wish I knew then what I know now. At the time I didn't want to risk being involved in a murder investigation so I didn't stop to get a closer look. It was an odd incident for sure and I'm not sure which was odder, the reddish-blonde hair or that it layed there undisturbed for almost a week.

Guest HucksterFoot

The only bf accident that I know of is the one where the guy thought he hit a guy in a fur coat where the K9 cops searched for it and heard it ahead of them but never caught up to it. The car was dented and there was hair(as well as maybe blood too but I'm not certain) on it so the guy washed it off without thinking to save the hair(and possible blood) for analysis.

There is a user here who remembers seeing what may have been a dead bf on the side of the highway for several days where he eventually saw a state trooper checking the corpse but no one ever confirmed it or gave any likely evidence that was left on the car which struck the possible bf where the samples could have been analyzed. They may have thought that they hit a person and did not want to be prosecuted who knows. In either case there is no credible evidence of course but I felt they were a worthy mention.

Bet that thing on the side of the road would have been a big sample to analyze. :]

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic