Finding Bigfoot Va

gigantor

Admin

This weekend Finding Bigfoot is in Virginia, which is in my neighborhood. The episode description says:

The bigfoot research team heads to Virginia to investigate video the locals are dubbing "The Beast of Gumhill." With new reports from the town hall meeting, the team uses a unique search technique to prove this elusive beast is real.

The Beast of Gumhill? never heard of it, but below is a sighting video:

I'm skeptical, but I have to admit this one is pretty good. I'm wondering what the "unique search technique" will be?

Edited by Biggie
-Fixed indent tags.

Admin

The two things that bother me (as usual) are the apparent setup for the shot of "catching a BF on film" and of course the "just blurry and off in the distance enough" Blobsquatchiness (copyright, mb :lol: ).

Guest wudewasa

"Footage of The Beast Of Gum Hill while ATV riding on 04/05/09 at approximately

pm"

Washington Couty VA.

Correlate this to hunting seasons in VA, (Spring 2009) and it could be a guy in a ghillie suit. After he heard the ATVS, he left the area because the game was scared off.

Edited by wudewasa

Admin

It doesn't seem like a setup to me. Anyway, "Fact or Fiction" has a "clarified" version of the clip:

Can't seem to embed it...

In the meantime, here is the Episode promo from animal Planet:

Edited by gigantor

Guest wudewasa

Date of sighting: 04/05/09 at approximately

pm

From- http://www.dgif.virg...rkey.asp#spring

Youth Spring Turkey Hunt Day

April 7, 2012:

• One-half hour before sunrise to sunset.
  • Bag limit is one per day, bearded birds only.
  • Youth hunters (resident or non-resident) must be 15 years of age or younger to participate.
  • Resident hunters under the age of 12 are not required to have a license, but they must be accompanied by a licensed adult. Non-resident youth must have license regardless of age.
  • All youth must be accompanied and directly supervised and within sight of an adult. Adult hunters accompanying youth must possess a valid Virginia hunting license (or be exempt from purchasing a hunting license); may assist with calling; and shall not carry or discharge a firearm.

Spring Turkey Season

Bag Limit:

One per day, bearded turkeys only. Hunters may take one, two, or three bearded turkeys depending on how many turkeys were taken in the fall season.

Seasons: Statewide

April 14 through May 5, 2012:

• One-half hour before sunrise until 12 noon each day
    What were the opening dates for VA Spring turkey season in 2009? Either the guy was a poacher, or the dates were different back then. The 4 wheelers came on the scene, and disrupted the hunter, so he left the area.
    BTW, turkey hunters will sometimes utlize ghille suits to obtain their birds: http://www.combathun...llie_Flage.html

Edited by wudewasa

im fairly certain ive seen this clip before,but didnt know it was supposed to be in VA. im no expert,but imo, it does look like it was staged / set up , or really lucky.

however, ive been through that general area in southwest virginia & i gotta say, if there ever was a place BF could hide, its there.

from there heading towards WV is a lot of steep, rugged , wooded terrrain & it goes on for miles & many,many acres.

if i ever wanted to hide out that would be a good area to vanish in......but im not so sure id be hopping out in front of atvs thoughwink.gif

Admin

Correlate this to hunting seasons in VA, (Spring 2009) and it could be a guy in a ghillie suit.

Doesn't prove it is. I'm more curious about the "unique search technique" they're going to use. Are they gonna take 200 volunteers into the woods again?

Edited by gigantor

Guest JiggyPotamus

I usually dismiss videos of this type and quality, but it is not very often that I get a feeling about a video being authentic, which is how I feel about this evidence. It does not seem staged to me personally, but rather looks like these two were in the right place at the right time.

I am wondering why the baby was on the opposite side of the creek from its mother. It looked to me as if it hung back in the bushes or trees until its mother, or father, approached and got pretty close, and then it moved towards the parent. This behavior seems legitimate in my opinion.

I am wondering if the animals were watching the people from the left bank, and the mother then moved to the right bank, and back again, or if she was already on the right side when the people arrived, and then exited left after retrieving her baby.

Clearly, and there is no disputing this fact, there are two figures in the background of this video. One is at least as large as the person on the ATV, while the smaller one is the size of a child. This is likely to not be a hunter due to the behavior, and the fact that there is a child present. I cannot imagine a reason that a hunter would purposefully cross a creek by walking through the water like that either, when there clearly are ways to cross and avoid getting wet. Especially if it was cold outside on that day. Also, why would a parent take a child hunting and leave it sitting on the opposite side of the water? It is possible, but more likely that a parent would keep the child with them. Not really proof by any means, but simply unusual.

Another thing that seems to defy average human characteristics is the fact that this animal bolted across the water, while not running. It cleared it very quickly, picked up the baby after kneeling down, and quickly and gracefully carried on, all in one fluid motion. No hesitation. It just doesn't appear human-like to me.

Another thing is the shape of the heads, which is one of the only things that can be clearly seen upon zooming in on the subjects. The large on definitely has the classic sagittal crest on its head. It was hard for me to gauge the length of the arms, but from what I could see, they appear to be longer when compared to the body than that of a human subject.

There were a couple of other things, and when all of these traits and characteristics are taken together, I must conclude that the likelihood of this being a human is basically nil. So if it wasn't a human, what else could it possibly be? As I mentioned before, I am usually the first one to point out that a video is lacking in terms of evidence, but this is one of the videos that stands out for me. There are probably about 5 videos that I have ever seen in my life that I feel this way about.

Guest wudewasa

Jiggy,

Where is the baby on the video? I only see the figure walking across the creek.

There are a number of types of waterproof hunting boots on the market today. http://www.basspro.c...s/_/S-475007000

The figure was moving at a good pace. If a bunch of guys showed up in my hunting area and scared away the game, I'd walk away quickly as well, as I'd be pretty upset!

Agreed, the evidence is lacking, but we need to explore all logical possibilities before we proclaim the figure to be a sasquatch.

Edited to say, many hunters take their kids into the woods at an early age to teach them the craft. It's a real bonding moment. Friends of mine have told me how they grew up sitting in deer stands and bird blinds with their fathers and uncles.

Remember the hunting season dates for this year in VA:

Youth Spring Turkey Hunt Day

April 7, 2012:

One-half hour before sunrise to sunset.<LI>Youth hunters (resident or non-resident) must be 15 years of age or younger to participate.<LI>Resident hunters under the age of 12 are not required to have a license, but they must be accompanied by a licensed adult.

Edited by wudewasa

BFF Patron

The face is clearly white or very light grey reflecting alot of light or it is the light bill of a cap/mask reflecting light as the biped turns toward the atv'er and camera. I'm not convinced in the least. Hope the show can make something of those light pixels.

Guest grinder

Looks staged to me. The way the camera person framend the shot makes it look like they were expecting something to pop out of the woods and have it perfectly framend.

Also, the yahoo riding the 4 wheeler up the stream with no helmet or protective gear sees the Bigfoot as if he knew where to look.I'm sorry, but if I'm being a dude riding up a stream on my 4 wheeler, seems I would have all my attention about 4 feet in front of the vehicle trying not to hit a big rcok or sink into a huge pool!

Admin

The face is clearly white or very light grey reflecting alot of light or it is the light bill of a cap/mask reflecting light as the biped turns toward the atv'er and camera. I'm not convinced in the least. Hope the show can make something of those light pixels.

That's just pixelation because there's a tree branch in front of it's face. I see it's arms swinging and everything...

post-338-083871900 1328675609_thumb.jpg

Edited by gigantor