Finding Bigfoot Va

gigantor

Yeah, no way that he saw something that close in the daylight and couldn't tell if it was a person or a Bigfoot. He even said it looked at him. I would liked to have seen them ask him more questions.

Guest Twilight Fan

Ok heres a summary of tonights episode (I have not seen it yet):

The BFRO team meets up with the guy who shot the video, they try to recreate it.

Bobo, Cliff and MM declare it is a squatch. Renae says it could be a person.

1st night investigation: "did you hear that"... "thats a squatch"

End of 1st night investigation 1 of the team decides to stay there while the rest go to the town hall meeting.

Town hall meeting: bunch of people share their story

The team take a few stories and recreatethem stating how there is no doubt what the witnesses saw was a squatch. "typical bigfoot behaviour"

They meet back up with the other team member who brings absolutely no evidence from the last few days camping out.

They do another night investigation. The team is split in 2. Both groups do a call. MM on the parabolic mic hears something, the team then walk towards each other to try to close in on the squatch.

"**** it got away"

Show conclusion: "We have seen lots of evidence that sasquatches are indeed in this area"

Yep, Biped. This is pretty much the premise of every episode...so repetitive and predictable, yet ARHH...so addicting somehow. :P

Guest COGrizzly

I know it's for tv and ya just gotta see their faces, but I thought it was in poor taste for them NOT to be wearing helmets on the ATV's. A lot of younger people watch this show and it sets a bad example.

Guest billgreen2010

FINDING BIGFOOT VA SASQUATCH was very informative interesting etc i give it A++++1/2 im definetly looking forward to next week ky sasquatch segment indeedy KEEP ON SQUATCHING :)

"Footage of The Beast Of Gum Hill while ATV riding on 04/05/09 at approximately

pm"

Washington Couty VA.

Correlate this to hunting seasons in VA, (Spring 2009) and it could be a guy in a ghillie suit. After he heard the ATVS, he left the area because the game was scared off.

In the episode tonight, Ranae stated that the video was filmed in July. Which is correct? No spring gobbler hunters in July.

Guest wudewasa

Bonehead,

From the youtube video:

My short Q&A session concerning this video is posted on the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Centers forum website. Footage of The Beast Of Gum Hill while ATV riding on 04/05/09 at approximately

pm. This is the 2nd time I have seen this creature/bigfoot called The Beast Of Gum Hill. This is the first time we managed to capture it on video. This is the first known video footage of the BOGH, there was a still photo taken in the early 80's that I remember seeing . The camera used was a cheap digital VuPoint 5.0 With waterproof case that I use while fiming my ATV rides. Local legend has talked about this non-aggressive, reclusive beast for a little over 100 years. The BOGH is around 7ft tall and guesstimated at 350 lbs. I have used the name The Beast of Gum Hill on my ATV videos as a tribute to the local legend. My short Q&A session concerning this video is posted on the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Centers forum website"

So either the poster or Ranae is incorrect about the date that the video was filmed. Judging by the lack of leaves on the trees, I'm siding with the youtube poster, as vegetation would have leafed out fully in July.

Edited by wudewasa

Guest Twilight Fan

Just saw the new episode, it was interesting!

SPOILERS BELOW.......

First, I thought the name the locals in this episode had for Bigfoot was cute. The "Woodbooger!"

Second, that cave Matt found and slept in for a night was really cool. Although he said he checked for poisonous bugs, didn't that centipede that crawled along the cave floor look VERY deadly? I wouldn't have slept in there with so many bugs if I were him.

One thing that really bothered me was Ranae's attitude in this one. When they went to talk to the witness, the 16-year-old girl about her Bigfoot encounter...Ranae completely dismissed the girl's claims. The only reason she did this was because she didn't think there were enough wooded areas nearby, so right in front of the girl, she basically said; "I think your sighting is balogne, and it was just some guy in a suit who dressed up and had a crush on you." Very rude.

"Operation Pixie Dust" was really cool too. I think it's a great idea to track animals the way they did that, but all they ended up finding were raccoon tracks. I swear, Ranae was more interested in those than she is in her own role on the show. Go figure. I laughed out loud when they put FLIPPING DONUTS out for squatch bait! Come on, really? What happened to zagnut bars? Now they like donuts instead...hilarious.

The preview for next week's episode looked like it could get heated, though I doubt it. Ranae and Matt arguing again, this time over eye shine of all things! Ranae thinks it's an owl, Matt thinks it's...well I think you already know. (A SQUATCH!) The call-back howls are seeming more and more staged each show, IMO. I think crew members are going out ahead of the team and, sometimes, calling back to them so they can pretend, GASP! A SQUATCH did it!

What did you guys think of this week's episode, for those who caught it? I found it one of the most interesting so far in season 2, particularly because of "Operation Pixie Dust" and Matt showing his (rare) brave side by sleeping in that creepy-crawly infested cave. I also liked the part where the guy said he saw a Bigfoot jump down a hill in 3 long steps, and Ranae didn't believe him (of course), after she tried to do the same thing and miserably failed. Anyway, good episode. Can't wait for next week's!

Edited by Twilight Fan

I thought with the Donuts they might at least catch Homer Simpson...

I was bothered too when Ranae dissed the girl's account. Without knowing much about her personally and just taking things at face value, she seemed quite believable. I also think BF frequently comes around houses and may like to watch women/children.

I still fell asleep at the very end though. I keep missing the part where they FIND Bigfoot. I can't make it past the 10:50 PM part.

Guest Twilight Fan

Homer Simpson is a squatch! :lol: LOL

Wow, that would be creepy if Bigfoot peeked through windows to watch women and children. What about men? I guess the "researchers" on the show seem to think Bigfeet (Bigfoots?) are more intimidated by men. I've known dogs who felt the same, so it doesn't sound too crazy. Don't worry, they didn't find anything aside from raccoon prints. And of course, at the end of every episode, Matt concludes that there ARE Bigfoots in the area. :P Even when they never see any!

I enjoyed the sighting accounts and Bobo with the donuts but I call hoax on the vid clip. Sad that one guy hasn't been hunting since 93 after his sighting. That happens with a lot of people though from all the reports I've read. That was a bold bf to approach that close to a man with a gun. Interesting about the 20+ second call from that bf spotting the guy too. I don't know why Ranae found it impossible for a large bf to traverse that hill in three steps since something that large would have the strength to do it, especially considering all the reports of similar sightings from other people. That was yet another show in their two seasons of them not finding bigfoot so maybe Matt would have a better chance of finding one if he spent more time in the woods being serious instead of bad mouthing the members here for not being serious but I kind of doubt a bf would fall for his methods including the new pixie dust since it would likely see and smell that around the bait if it's as smart and aware of it's surroundings as it's said to be which I believe it would be. Oh well at least we got to hear some interesting stories and I got a kick out of Bobo's new hat too.