What Evidence Convinces You?

georgerm

None...there is no "evidence" that indicates anything like Bigfoot has ever existed in NA much less worldwide distribution. All indications point to a social construct/myth at this point.

I think I've seen it posted somewhere else on this site, this issue boils down to one thing, No body..no Bigfoot.

8 hours ago, FarArcher said:

That's all you got?  And I used to be pro-life  .  .  .

You weren't there.  You were nowhere in the vicinity.  You saw nothing of the subject - therefore you're totally ignorant of the subject.  What kind of narrow-minded, pompous jack*** would make such a determination about something they have no knowledge of?

As you're someone with a total ignorance on the subject - do you remember the last time I wanted your opinion?

Me neither.

You guys are always wrong.  Seems like every Nobel Prize Winner was ridiculed previously by those like-minded souls of the unknowing.  Seems like every major advancement and technological discovery was ridiculed and dismiss out of hand by the unknowing.  

You see, the dummies who are the unknowing, just don't know what they don't know.

I remember Otto Ovshinsky - who proposed amorphous semiconductors - and the entire world of physics, chemistry and electronics - poured on the ridicule - as they had firm calculations and all the scientific world that said - "impossible."  Well, you can go sit with those guys.

Ovshinsky was doubly ridiculed as he didn't have a degree - wasn't a physicist - wasn't a chemist - he was just the one who proved everyone wrong when his amorphous semiconductors started showing up in everyday appliances.

Unknowing is not exactly a strong position to hold on any matter - unless one is pretentiously clinging to their lack of knowledge.

I have lots of knowledge. It is real and proven knowledge. Nothing like yours. Based on fantasy and delusion 

So you have encountered the mythical beings created in the fantasy in which your mind has shown you. 

Even acquired a loyal fan along the way. 

DWA 

The most delusional of all the proponents 

Nothing more than a Binndernagel  disciple. A biologist that sells books and stars on YouTube with no proof of nothing but conjecture and less than convincing foot prints. 

You said I have no clue and yet you  go on and on about a creature you saw that is undocumented. A large creature who remains undiscovered. Meanwhile much smaller creatures are discovered frequently. 

Of course you and your fan would know that if you had a real education and an understanding how the real world works. 

12 hours ago, DWA said:

^^^Like that, whatever it says.  And I know what it says.

Know how?

EVIDENCE :lol:

8 hours ago, FarArcher said:

That's all you got?  And I used to be pro-life  .  .  .

You weren't there.  You were nowhere in the vicinity.  You saw nothing of the subject - therefore you're totally ignorant of the subject.  What kind of narrow-minded, pompous jack*** would make such a determination about something they have no knowledge of?

As you're someone with a total ignorance on the subject - do you remember the last time I wanted your opinion?

Me neither.

You guys are always wrong.  Seems like every Nobel Prize Winner was ridiculed previously by those like-minded souls of the unknowing.  Seems like every major advancement and technological discovery was ridiculed and dismiss out of hand by the unknowing.  

You see, the dummies who are the unknowing, just don't know what they don't know.

I remember Otto Ovshinsky - who proposed amorphous semiconductors - and the entire world of physics, chemistry and electronics - poured on the ridicule - as they had firm calculations and all the scientific world that said - "impossible."  Well, you can go sit with those guys.

Ovshinsky was doubly ridiculed as he didn't have a degree - wasn't a physicist - wasn't a chemist - he was just the one who proved everyone wrong when his amorphous semiconductors started showing up in everyday appliances.

Unknowing is not exactly a strong position to hold on any matter - unless one is pretentiously clinging to their lack of knowledge.

7 hours ago, DWA said:

And to those who don't consider their behavior insulting in the extreme, I just give you ^^^an appropriate reaction to it.

From a scientist to...whatever all you might be.

"They are just stories if can't be examined and analyzed. No insult intended."

That's a misguided attempt (and wrong, and scientists know it, about any topic let alone this one) to mask contempt.  I'd be insulted. You'd get worse from me.

The true scientist knows only one answer is allowed:

I can't tell you what you saw.  I wasn't there.

They are just stories if can't be examined and analyzed. No insult intended. 

I would agree with you if you were right. Of course you are not. It is just your opinion that you are . Just like the same way you are convinced that the mythical creature exists because Bindernagel said so.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I have lots of knowledge. It is real and proven knowledge. Nothing like yours. Based on fantasy and delusion 

So you have encountered the mythical beings created in the fantasy in which your mind has shown you. 

Even acquired a loyal fan along the way. 

DWA 

The most delusional of all the proponents 

Nothing more than a Binndernagel  disciple. A biologist that sells books and stars on YouTube with no proof of nothing but conjecture and less than convincing foot prints. 

You said I have no clue and yet you  go on and on about a creature you saw that is undocumented. A large creature who remains undiscovered. Meanwhile much smaller creatures are discovered frequently. 

Of course you and your fan would know that if you had a real education and an understanding how the real world works. 

They are just stories if can't be examined and analyzed. No insult intended. 

I would agree with you if you were right. Of course you are not. It is just your opinion that you are . Just like the same way you are convinced that the mythical creature exists because Bindernagel said so.

I never spoke to no Bindernagel, so I have no idea WTF he said, and I'd have no reason to believe him anyway.  Besides, I never gave these things a single thought - I didn't think they existed either - and then there he was - running at me.  At the time it happened - I never knew there was such a thing as a King Cobra - until he raised up as tall as me in the elephant grass maybe forty feet away.

Knew about cobras, had seen kraits, mamba with the black mouth, got bit by a moccasin and once at night some other unknown hemotoxic snake - but never knew such a thing as a King Cobra existed.  But I got my introduction to that, too.  Ever had one pop up right in front of you?  Of course you haven't.

No insult intended, but it's also just my opinion that you're a delusional coward with a yellow streak a yard wide down your back - imagining you know something that you have no idea about.  Just like the same way you apparently fear the possibility that these things exist, but you can't wrap your very limited capacity for the determining the obvious.

These things are outside your universe of experience or knowledge.  Your problem, not mine - but some folks like you just seem to have a long string of non-accomplishments that never ends - and I'd imagine even when you throw a boomerang, it never comes back.  

Some folks have it, and get it - folks like you never will.

• Upvote 1

Admin
3 minutes ago, FarArcher said:

No insult intended, but it's also just my opinion that you're a delusional coward with a yellow streak a yard wide down your back - imagining you know something that you have no idea about.  Just like the

I'm going to tell you this just once, so read it and let me know if you have any questions.

Attack the argument, not the member.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, gigantor said:

I'm going to tell you this just once, so read it and let me know if you have any questions.

Attack the argument, not the member.

Got it.  I responded in kind.

Like him, I also stipulated it was not intended as an insult.

And while he misstated my opinion - I corrected my actual opinion myself.

Edited by FarArcher

Admin

This goes for all members. We are short in mods right now, I don't have the time to follow your conversations to see who said what and it's not even my job.

I also was not trained as a mod, don't know the warning system and don't care to learn it.

I only know ON and OFF.

• Upvote 1

Yeah .. don't **** off the guy with the giant binary hammer!   :)     You're doing fine, gig.   Sometimes training is not an asset, it's an impediment to doing what needs doing. 

MIB

One thing I've learned about truly dangerous people in this world is they don't need to tell you how dangerous they are.

Admin
43 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

One thing I've learned about truly dangerous people in this world is they don't need to tell you how dangerous they are.

Ah, the leader of the troublemakers. I guess this is where I'm supposed to prove myself, huh?

:stink:

• Upvote 1

I don't think he meant you. I think that is how he refers to a different poster who likes to regal with tales of stalking and killing, etc. That's how I took it, anyway.

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

Admin

Maybe I over-reacted a little bit...

• masterbarber locked this topic