Hypothetical Question - Current Bf Research Groups And Potential Discovery

BobbyO

BFF Patron

Current research groups with money are "sciencing up", bulking up and pre-positioning themselves esp. those with money...... backers and the respect of the community; it tells me that they know something the rest of us only speculate on in the various lead-up threads to discovery.

Edited by bipedalist

I'll be curious to see whether those claiming to know but won't reveal (for various reasons) will be more forthcoming. I suspect not. I've my own reasons for that suspicion.........

Guest Bipedal Ape

Current bigfoot researchers using mechanical deers, monkeys/rabbits in cages, flaming torches, "calls" and "knocks" will be brushed aside and the real scientists can take charge.

For those ethical and hard working amatuers..hang on to your data...b/c yes., it may become illegal, especially if shown as Homo sapien..to research in future...then you self published stuff will be locked forever in a special category...back up your hard drives! pull down the youtubes!

I don't know the answers..but I hear ya...will Dr,Ketchum (who had the money fronted, and the heat taken up by others, and the evidence produced by others) get the copyrights, the patents, the everything...naming rights? What about Bindernagel..etc?

Too bad, that's how it works...that is why they are so cut throat and lawyered up..they have Big expectations...and a reason Dr.Meldrum doesn'tlook like he is rolling over to a Jane Goodall appraoch? It appears the BFRO in some ways is done....wrt to be taken seriously as as the "only siceintific" group don't you think?

It does not matter how lawyered up one is ,these creatures are free.The evidence is out there and people know the truth and so what if they have DNA does that really matter.No! it does not cause these creatures have nothing to do with money and the only ones who care about that is us .Us who think about greed and about lining our pockets on how much money we will make on the discovery.

You know If i wanted it to be about money or fame or anything else it would have bee done a long time ago.Yes, greed does make you do things but it is not worth it my soul.These creatures are a living being living a peaceful existance within our world that want nothing to do with us.They can care less about our technology or our econonmy or even our politics.They coexist to survive in a world that is slowly getting smaller because we are expanding.What ever actions they take after they are discovered can you actually blame them?We are invading thier space and i am very surprised that there has not been no attacks by them which shows great restraint by them as a spieces.No matter how we look at it they own those woods and ever one of us know this.The night time is thier play ground and there is not much that we can do about this.Those who have had encounters know exactly what i meanThey can command us at will in thier domain every time we step into it.It has been proven on T.V. and in many other ways.So I see that these creatures has made alot of these groups look like fools and yes there has been alot of arguments.So discovery will never be over with and there will always be something knew to be found about these creatures.This is just my opionion.

Mark

BobbyO- I don't know, however it would seem to me how close the Sas is related to us etc. For 1 the Sas choose to live in the wild, so their enviornment should not be damaged. When dealing with "can I say creatures" that are eventually discovered and put on a protected list a lot of different things come into play. I remember when the Pine Martin was discovered to have isolated pockets of populations they were protected by the Ca. DF&G. A special permit was required to study them and a hefty fee was attached to go into the field to observe them. Also we regulations are written pretaining to endangered animals words usually states that they cannot be "harmed" and that meaning is to not disturb them, change their enviornment, corral them feed them, basically to leave them alone. So there are certain peramiters that governing bodies adhere to and regulate. So IMHO, if the Sas are to be scientifically studied the group will more likely have to be authorized and adhere to a number of guidelines of producal. Could be wrong however but that is my understanding. ptangier

Guest gershake
I'll be curious to see whether those claiming to know but won't reveal (for various reasons) will be more forthcoming. I suspect not. I've my own reasons for that suspicion.........
Care to elaborate?

whats a Gombe station?

Gombe is (part of) the name of the National Park in Tanzania on the banks of Lake Tanganyika where Jane Goodall did chimp research for many years. I can only assume that the person using this phrase meant it to mean a research centre / headquarters type of place on a par with Goodall's HQ.

Mike

For the first year or so I can see the BF research orgs. working hand in hand with whoever is designated to undertake further research. After that it'll be ''thank you and goodbye''. Once the data they need to get underway is acquired non-designated folks will be hung out to dry. Should BF actually be proven to be a ''people''no one other than designated representitives will be authorized access.

It might seem like I'm putting the cart before the horse, but it's not. A standardized protocol will be quickly adopted and after that this will take on a life of it's own.

Face it, should they be determined to be a people with a culture the UN will be involved, as will other nations. I can only think that everyone who wanted them ''discovered'' is going to be very disappointed with the fall-out.

I can only hope the efforts by the scientific community will meet with greater success than has been accomplished by the amateur community.

Ok INC, you have me laughing at your sig line. :thumbsup:

The irony of your post is not lost on me, otherwise the DNA results might as well be alphabet soup.

Guest Darrell

Dr Grover Kranz made the statement years ago that once the discovery was made and the initial hype over, the "real" scientists would step in and take over and conduct legitimate scientific research and the amature researcher would'nt be needed. That statement was in response to an ongoing argument with Rene Dahinden, who claimed science was basically dropping the ball on BF research. I know what everyone wants to believe but I think the reality is that actual legit scientific groups and universities will conduct any research studies, recieve the grant money, and get the credit. Amature researchers might still be involved as minor participants, much as they are in other wildlife research projects, but would'nt hold any influense.

SSR Team

I can only hope the efforts by the scientific community will meet with greater success than has been accomplished by the amateur community.

Tell me you're joking ?

The scientific community on the whole has scoffed at even the thought of this subject and have dismissed it for decades whilst the " amateurs " are the one's that have persevered with it.

If it wasn't for the " amateurs " this website wouldn't be here and this Animal wouldn't even be known about at all & just dismissed as native american nonsense and thought of as being real by people who are not the full ticket.

• Upvote 1

What, precisely, is known about the creature? What isn't conjecture? I applaud the ongoing efforts by those searching, but how many facts can be stated about sasquatch?

Edit to add: Thus, I hope the scientific community's efforts meet with greater success than that of the amateur community.

Edited by Incorrigible1

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic