• Announcements

• masterbarber

T shirt fund drive   07/17/2018

norseman has designed a t shirt and started a fund drive on custom ink. He is going to split the proceeds between the BFF and Project Grendel.  "We all owe this website a tremendous debt of gratitude. Our community and history would not exist without it. As far as the Project Grendel proceeds, I would like to see it go towards the purchase of a thermal scope."
      -norseman     https://www.customink.com/fundraising/sasquatch-hunter

Sightings Told To You By Others, Not Otherwise Reported

58 posts in this topic

Thanks for sharing your story See-Te-Cah NC. I had always wondered what brought you to BFF - and was even about to ask. Your Mother's story is a really interesting one, thank you.

Funny you mention that See-te-cah.

About a month after my Mother found out I was involved in the search for Sqs, she told me of an experience she had on her way to work one morning. She lived in Bristol, Va. at the time and drove to work to the prison in Marion, Va. where she taught English and reading. She said as she was driving on I-81N to work one morning when she saw a very tall, and large, hair covered man standing near the interstate. She said thought "my lands, what is that!". She then rationalized it off thinking "oh the circus must be in town". And didn't think anything else about it. Heck if I can't trust my Mother then I may as welll throw in the towel and call it a life.

Another one I know of is a good one. You could convict someone in the court of law with this one because there were 3 witnesses. It involves my girlfriends brother whom has a farm not far from where we live. I haven't had a chance to talk to him about it yet, but I'll relay what was told to me by his Mother. Her son and 2 of his friends were in his pick-up truck driving across his hay field when they all saw a 7ft somethingorother covered in brown hair walking away from the field and into the woods. He described a high stepping type gait and wide arm swing as it walked away. He also said it never turned around to look back at them. They all agreed to never say anything about it. Afterall, who would believe them!

I saw him during Christmas at the family gathering. I refrained from saying anything because there were many people around. But I could tell he was wanting to talk to me as bad as I was wanting to talk to him. The time wasn't right. He was asked during casual conversation if he had seen any deer on his land this season. He said "no, sure haven't. I haven't seen much of anything wildlife wise this year. I used to all the time but haven't seen much of anything". I gave him a "you don't say" look.

My girlfriend used to make fun of me. She actually apologized and now supports me in my quest. It really made her do a 180.

I'm trying to imagine how I would feel to look out my window in the middle of the night and see a BF walking by. I wouldn't be able the breathe for sure.

See-Te-Cah, did your mom ever see it again? Did she get up in the middle of the night for the next month to look out the window?

No, Belmar, my mother never saw it again.

As for looking out of the window in the early morning hours, I'm sure she did because of my Dad. I doubt that the creature interested her to the extent that she'd have stayed up to see it again.

I'll ask her about it.

These are the sort of stories that really make me believe.

See, great story about your Mom. Do you recall as a kid growing up any oddities such as loud screams at night? Anything at all that you can now say was just not right? We all had been having "strange" things happening on our hunting property we never associated until much later.

Thanks,

KB

I'd like to share a story told to me by a very significant other person - My mother.

I'm not sure how much closer to proof I could come - other than proof - than my mom telling me, bless her soul.

My mother found it odd that a man would walk into those woods without a light source. I used to play down there as a child, so I can attest that it was heavily wooded. There was nothing but woods for miles. It was at this point that she realized that this was no man. Later, she took my brother and me to see Sasquatch: The Legend of Bigfoot. She then realized that what she'd seen was Bigfoot.

I was shocked! I had no clue that she had ever experienced an encounter. She resisted my joking with her about having been drinking that night, insisting that she knew what she'd seen (my mother has never been a heavy drinker). Once I saw how emphatically she was defending what she'd seen, I started to gather information.

Two things here. Many reports talk of a "man" doing something people just don't do: walk without breaking stride right into trailless woods, anywhere, let alone at night without a light. And another thing: here is why so many reports are "right in people's backyards." A perusal of such reports shows without variation that they are right on the edges of large tracts of what looks like excellent habitat for a large, secretive omnivore.

Another thing, so, OK, three things. Alcohol is NOT a hallucinogen, and is tossed around too freely as a potential disqualifier. If I quaff three beers chug chug chug and then see a bigfoot...I am right; and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong. Provided now that I didn't take something on a very short list of somethings in addition to those beers.

I asked her how tall it was and referenced the concrete street marker it had walked past. She described the creature's height as being roughly 2' taller than the marker. I'm 6' tall, and the marker was approximately my height.

In an account about as chock full as they come of "frequently-reported" markers, here's one more, that doesn't come from oh-I-heard-bigfeets-are-yea-tall; it's just the witness's comparison of however-big-it-was with a handy reference, that gee, just so happens to hit in the middle of the bell curve of heights reported. Man those hoaxers must be good!

Matt Pruitt....just returned from a weekend up on the headwaters of the Tallulah in N.E. GA...and area I've tramped for a quarter of a century. Returning from a hike on Sat. I encountered a local man and his son out walking. They brought up the subject of Sasquatch encounters. They were ardent believers. They said they had a trampoline in their yard for a time, next to the porch. One night "something huge" came off the porch and hammered thh trampoline so hard it shook the entire yard. By the time they got out side their was nothing to see.

In all my years of walking that backcountry (S. Natahala Wilderness) I've never seen a print or a sign. But, if my intuition is correct, we are starting to see some migration of Sasquatch populations. I don't think these are new ranges for them, only just recently expanding back to historic locales. This gentleman's theory was the drouthy years in the West were pushing them east. I can't say he's wrong.

^^^...and anyone who thinks a sasquatch might not want to see what a trampoline is all about never watched "Bedtime for Bonzo."

See, great story about your Mom. Do you recall as a kid growing up any oddities such as loud screams at night? Anything at all that you can now say was just not right? We all had been having "strange" things happening on our hunting property we never associated until much later.

Thanks,

KB

You know, I never had any "Squatchy" experiences growing up there that I can remember. I can tell you that this area was very wooded and there was plenty of wildlife. Ponds and creeks were abundant. We used to dig for mussels in the creeks and hunt rabbit and squirrels quite often. I have to say that as I boy, we never really thought about Bigfoot very often until the movie!

I'm not sure how much closer to proof I could come - other than proof - than my mom telling me, bless her soul.

This is exactly the way I feel. My mother is a great person. The type of person she is makes it very easy to believe her. She is a self-made woman that has done the right thing for others, especially her children, all of her life. She worked two jobs to support her three kids. She never finished high school, but she's one of the wisest people I know.

One of the biggest reasons that I find her story to be 100% believable is the fact that she has so little education. Not only has she never read or studied about Bigfoot, but her descriptions were simple, straightforward and believable. She used terminology that she understood to describe the creature, or "the biggest black man she'd ever saw." It "looked like it was skating." The clincher for me was her describing it as walking "like it owned the place." That pretty much describes what I'd expect from a large, intelligent primate. It was also terminology I'd never heard her use before in my life.

Two things here. Many reports talk of a "man" doing something people just don't do: walk without breaking stride right into trailless woods, anywhere, let alone at night without a light. And another thing: here is why so many reports are "right in people's backyards." A perusal of such reports shows without variation that they are right on the edges of large tracts of what looks like excellent habitat for a large, secretive omnivore.

Our neighborhood was very new and we lived on the very last street. It was bordered on the north by a pasture that was probably 150-200 acres with three large ponds. Right in front of the house (to the east) was at least 4-5 miles of heavy woods. Although the neighborhood was fairly large, it was built on what used to be farmland, and to the west it was still farmland, fields and fields of tobacco, soybeans and occasionally corn, pumpkins and watermelons. To the south was a large creek and cut over with 6-8 year old pines and undergrowth. It's still that way, although the trees are much larger now. It sits on a road that's 4 1/2 miles long, and it's nothing but woods.

Another thing, so, OK, three things. Alcohol is NOT a hallucinogen, and is tossed around too freely as a potential disqualifier. If I quaff three beers chug chug chug and then see a bigfoot...I am right; and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong. Provided now that I didn't take something on a very short list of somethings in addition to those beers.

Well, I was trying to kid around with her. She has probably never been drunk in her life! I wish I could say the same!

I was having a bit of trouble hearing my mother tell this story. It was just so unlike her, totally out of her character. This was another reason for me to take her account seriously.

In an account about as chock full as they come of "frequently-reported" markers, here's one more, that doesn't come from oh-I-heard-bigfeets-are-yea-tall; it's just the witness's comparison of however-big-it-was with a handy reference, that gee, just so happens to hit in the middle of the bell curve of heights reported. Man those hoaxers must be good!

I know. When she told me about the "man" being a couple of feet taller than that concrete marker, my interest was piqued. That was a seriously large dude.

Statements from creditable witnesses are what make these reports hard to dismiss. There are many people, like my mother, who have nothing to gain by making up a story like that. In fact, they face probable ridicule by coming forth with their account. My mother never told my father because she just knew he'd tell her she was nuts.

I believe her without question.

I was talking with the neighbor a few days ago and he was telling me about his uncle out hunting, seems the old guy fell down an embankment and broke a hip. He laid there for a day screaming for help, in and out of consciousness and he swears that through the haze he remembers a Sas picking him up and carrying him up the embankment to the road.

The neighbors always have a big family BBQ each year and the uncle comes for that get together, the neighbor says he'll introduce me this summer so I can ask him about it in person.

Bogger, I was reading old posts and came upon this one of yours. Did you ever get a chance to talk to the neighbor's uncle? Sounds like it would be interesting to hear what all he remembers from the incident. ~Thanks!

one of my co-workers and his hunting partner said they saw from about 75 yards a huge chestnut colored bipedal creature frm the backside navagating a 45 degree hill in Modoc County, Ca. in 1995.Not much else except that the subject was much larger than bear and had no trouble with the grade.

Awesome stuff, folks. I was drawn here by See-Te-Cah's link in the new member introductions, and was fascinated by these sightings stories! Sightings from credible people are so compelling and very hard to ignore. It's interesting to me that some of these stories are from VA because I spent a lot of time there (Louisa County/Gordonsville area) back in the '90's. There was certainly a lot of forested area there that I imagine would make a good habitat for large bipedal species to take advantage of. I remember LOTS of deer, plenty of creeks and other water sources, and woods that in some places went on for what had to have been miles. I wish I had been more attentive to this subject then, because I spent a lot of time hiking in the woods there and would have definitely been looking and listening for signs. I remember seeing some big cat prints in the mud along some power lines, and hoping I didn't run into any hungry mountain lions!