• Announcements

• masterbarber

T shirt fund drive   07/17/2018

norseman has designed a t shirt and started a fund drive on custom ink. He is going to split the proceeds between the BFF and Project Grendel.  "We all owe this website a tremendous debt of gratitude. Our community and history would not exist without it. As far as the Project Grendel proceeds, I would like to see it go towards the purchase of a thermal scope."
      -norseman     https://www.customink.com/fundraising/sasquatch-hunter

Bff Member Sightings Discussion Thread

24 posts in this topic

In order to keep too much post clutter from burying the reports in the BFF member sightings thread I asked everyone to restrain themselves from posting comments and questions. However, I have been meaning to start a place to discuss them. So, here it is.

My thanks to Johncartwright, Dudlow, and Bossburg for being the first members to share their experiences with us.

Orang

Edited by orangpendeck

That's a good idea my friend. According to current BFF guidelines, members will be free to share their experience(s) without any fear of ridicule whatsoever here on the new BFF. Members are to be free to discuss their experience(s) or not depending entirely on the member's preference. Others will be free to discuss those experiences as long as it's within the spirit of the new BFF. It's sometimes extremely difficult for someone to come forward and share what they've experienced. I believe the fear of ridicule is a main factor in determining whether someone will share their experience(s) or not. No member of the BFF will be ridiculed here about their experience(s). Words like "liar", or "hoaxer" absolutely will not be tolerated and that includes cleverly worded implications of such. If any member feels they are being ridiculed in any way, don't hesitate to PM me. The problem will be resolved very quickly. Let's work together in keeping the new BFF a positive place. It's our forum guys, let's make it a good place for all, regardless of our own personal philosophy.

Thanks Guys and great work Orang. Chris B.

I totally agree Chris. It is one thing to ask questions if something in a sighting is unclear. It is another issue altogether when one apparent discrepancy in a report is reason to disparage someones account in a mocking tone. I am not suggesting that we shut our brains off. However, it is possible to disagree without being disagreeable.

One advantage of Members posting the reports is that we can get to know them. Most reports leave no way to connect with the witness. Here we can interact with those who have had the sightings and see how they handle themselves on the forum as a whole.

John have you given any thought about why the intense reaction before the animal came into view? That's a pretty strong dose even as far as these type of encounters go.

What a great report! Thanks John! :)

It kind of looks to me like the sasquatch in the artwork just turns its neck instead of its whole upper body, though?

Edited by gershake

John have you given any thought about why the intense reaction before the animal came into view? That's a pretty strong dose even as far as these type of encounters go.

There have been many thoughts and I have heard many theories.I have no idea what happened, I can only describe it. Your opinions are welcome.

What a great report! Thanks John! :)

It kind of looks to me like the sasquatch in the artwork just turns its neck instead of its whole upper body, though?

Regardless of the artwork, the animal turned it's entire upper body at the waist when it turned towards me.

Very interesting report and art work. The image makes me think of some type of gorilla, except for the hair and the bipedal aspects. Did it make any noises?

Very interesting report and art work. The image makes me think of some type of gorilla, except for the hair and the bipedal aspects. Did it make any noises?

It made no sounds I could hear, except when it was walking and walking away (before and after I saw it) and when it broke off the branches it was eating.

Regardless of the artwork, the animal turned it's entire upper body at the waist when it turned towards me.

I wasn't giving the art more credence than your report. ;) I was just wondering how accurate the art even is in your opinion if it has that flaw? Or maybe it isn't a flaw?

Thanks for discussing your encounter with us!

I was only concerned that it be a good physical representation of what I saw and it is. The pose did not matter to me. In reality, esthetically the animals fur was much more dirty and matted. Daniel is a great artist and I was lucky when he told me he wanted to do this for me. He worked on King Kong and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. The making of the art was a long process. He would send me e-mails and I would respond with changes. Daniel will be a guest speaker at this year's TBRC conference.

I have just a few more questions John, if you don't mind.

In the BFRO report, it doesn't mention any of the physical reactions you reported in the interview with DB.

Why is that?

I'm assuming you had no medical ailments, weren't on any prescription meds, recreational substances or alcohol?

You mentioned that you all arrived at the property at between 10 and 11pm the night before, approximately how long would you estimate that you slept prior to walking to your Deer stand?

What were you doing from the time you climbed up into the Deer stand until your encounter began with the physical reactions you reported? (i.e., how did you occupy the time?) Did you doze off any or just watch and listen to the wildlife for a few hours?

Did you have any food or drink with you?

What type/caliber of weapon did you have with you?

Was there any power source in or connected to the deer stand?

Officially, it looks like your BFRO report was the only one listed for that County, have you subsequently heard of any other sightings in that area?

Thanks...

nicely done jc,i enjoyed that.thank you. ;)