• Announcements

• masterbarber

T shirt fund drive   07/17/2018

norseman has designed a t shirt and started a fund drive on custom ink. He is going to split the proceeds between the BFF and Project Grendel.  "We all owe this website a tremendous debt of gratitude. Our community and history would not exist without it. As far as the Project Grendel proceeds, I would like to see it go towards the purchase of a thermal scope."
      -norseman     https://www.customink.com/fundraising/sasquatch-hunter

Bff Member Sightings Discussion Thread

24 posts in this topic

I have just a few more questions John, if you don't mind.

In the BFRO report, it doesn't mention any of the physical reactions you reported in the interview with DB.

Why is that?

I'm assuming you had no medical ailments, weren't on any prescription meds, recreational substances or alcohol?

You mentioned that you all arrived at the property at between 10 and 11pm the night before, approximately how long would you estimate that you slept prior to walking to your Deer stand?

What were you doing from the time you climbed up into the Deer stand until your encounter began with the physical reactions you reported? (i.e., how did you occupy the time?) Did you doze off any or just watch and listen to the wildlife for a few hours?

Did you have any food or drink with you?

What type/caliber of weapon did you have with you?

Was there any power source in or connected to the deer stand?

Officially, it looks like your BFRO report was the only one listed for that County, have you subsequently heard of any other sightings in that area?

Thanks...

Before I was involved in Bigfootry, I was never aware there may be a connection between what I felt before the sighting and the proper sighting. Who knows? Maybe there is no connection? So, when I made the BFRO report back in 1998, I only told about the actual sighting.

At that time I had no physical problems. None. I also had perfect eye sight. I have only been wearing glasses for the last 5 years. I was a state level athlete a year away from college. No medications. No drugs or alcohol.

We went to sleep as soon as we arrived about 11 pm and we woke up about 5 am. So we slept about 6 hours or so.

I just sat there watching all the animals (deer, bear,small animals). It was all new to me. It was my first time in the woods. I do not remember dozing off. If I did it probably was before the sun came up and the animals came about. I did climb down the tree to go pee a couple times BEFORE the encounter. After the encounter was the worst part. I sat there trying to be very quiet because I was terrified that thing was going to come back, ****** me out of that tree and kill me.

I thought I was never going to see my Mom again.

I had no food with me, but I did have one of those squeeze bottles with water in it.

The rifle was a small deer rifle. I believe they told me it was a 30-30. Does that sound right? I am not a gun person.

No power source nearby that I know of or noticed. Even the cabins had no power and they were away from the road about a half mile.

Yes, since I have been involved I know of several class B sightings (sounds) and 3 or 4 road crossing sightings. In the Great Dismal Swamp area. That area is much more populated then it was in 1982. There are also better interstates and highway systems.

The art work is great. I would definitely be afraid if I was in the woods for the first time and that thing walked near me.

Maybe the strong physical reaction was due to some kind of reaction from the stench.

I'm still afraid now. You may be right, who knows? I hope we can all work towards finding some real answers.

Hey Jroy. Thanks for recording your sighting.

What was the BF doing while you were watching it?

JC that was an awesome encounter story. The artwork is off the hook. I would have been scared too seeing a creature of that size. You are very lucky to have experienced such an encounter, regardless of the emotions involved. Thank-you for sharing your experience.

Thanks for the sighting report John, I hope your future experiences help you overcome, or deal with your fear.

I am doubly grateful, because when I looked at the attached picture, it is almost exactly like one I saw a few yrs. ago. What a surprise!

Ever since I saw it, and I got a pretty good look at it, I have been checking out different renderings by different artists. None of them have come as close as this picture.

Coincidentally, mine was eating leaves or something from a tree, the same way yours was.

mesabe

Thanks for sharing John, but I wish you would've shot it.

Edited by gigantor

John, I must say that this is one of the most compelling accounts I have ever read. I think that one reason I believe this is the fact that you gave your account - in spite of the emotional and physical experience - even though it wasn't very flattering for you to include that information. I feel that this adds to the report's credibility.

This took place in my state, so it has an extra measure of interest for me. Thank you for sharing it!