So You Shoot One, Then What?

Doc Holliday

My fervent hope is bigfoot senses my sincerity and that I've been good, not bad. I also hope he can squeeze down my home's chimney.

Guest midnightwalker1

Np at all man. Let them stack up all their experience and encounters and we'll compare. You're right, the poster's topic has been derailed. back to the topic.

Maybe someone can enlighten me as to how you get a 9-10 foot tall 1000 lb body out of some deep wooded country? Who gets to stay back with the body while the other brave souls bring in the crane? Logistic Logistics

Will you be proactive enough to bring adult diapers if you're the one that has to stay back with the body...and a needle and thread to sew your body parts back on?

Edited by midnightwalker1

yes,back to topic, those would be things to consider,among others , and precisely one of the headaches a guy would need to question the worth of, along w/ the public reaction/invasion into your life if you did manage to pull it off unscathed....thus the "then what?" question. good. B)

If I killed one or found one dead and I wanted to prove to the world I'd hope I had a machete. Couple of good chops and run off with a hand. Literally run. Get to the vehicle and then wonder what to do next.

Then really hope it didn't turn out to be a glove.

I take the scenario is 'so you killed one.. now what"

Do what you can to retrieve the carcass. Bag it down with ice.. etc.. Mark the kill spot so you can return if needed.

Contact a university.. not the feds.. provide pictures so they will at least be interested in checking it out, then offer to let them study the carcass, contract to include anonymity.

Then take the time to work deals because now you have authoritative backup.

oh.. get the gall bladder.. sell it to some apothecary in China.. gotta be worth a mint!

Edited by Wheellug

Sorry I strayed a bit off topic, I was more thinking of the issues immediately after it hit the ground, something that shouldn't be dismissed.

The obvious headaches would be media attention, possible legal entanglements (I know a State's Attorney with interest in the subject who told me flat out there would be no possibilty for any charge related to killing a human unless the monkee's DNA exactly matched that of a human, but that other charges might be feasible), and possibly dangerous attention from animal rights extremists.

On the other hand, A guy might land a hunting show on the Outdoor Channel, and some nice endorsement deals ("when I hunt monkees, I trust my life to Remington"!) BTW, make mine a left hand Remington 700, thanks much...

My career, training, and a lifetime of hunting make me doubt I would have much problem with guilt, as I have never had a problem with it yet. I sleep just fine...

Guest Po Commander

You cap the thing a few times in the head, bring it into your house, save some meat for eating purposes (save the death poo too) and send the remains off for scientific purposes.

EDIT: But before you shoot, make sure it's not some random guy in a gorilla suit. I'd hate to lose butchykid624.

Edited by Po Commander

Guest tracker

Okay so someone drops one and their species is officially identified. Now they are really endangered. The hunt for bigfoot would drastically change for the worse for the rest of us. nice.dry.gif

Okay so someone drops one and their species is officially identified. Now they are really endangered. The hunt for bigfoot would drastically change for the worse for the rest of us. nice.dry.gif

Tracker, I'm just curious here and no skin of my nose either way, but when you say "hunt" do you mean hunt as in to kill a monkee, or looking to prove it up by non-kill means, or in a more general sense as in going out snooping around to see if you can find sign or see a critter for your own entertainment/education, ect? Just wondering as the word "hunt" generally has only one meaning for me...

Edited by NDT

Guest tracker

Search, track, find , lure closer but not to kill. unless if he was stealing my jerky and drinking my beer or something bad like that.

Search, track, find , lure closer but not to kill. unless if he was stealing my jerky and drinking my beer or something bad like that.

Cool, gotcha Tracker. Thanks...

Guest tracker

Not sure if this has point been mentioned so i just bring it up.

So lets say after crossing many streams and hiked many hills miles deep into unforgiving terrain where no quads or even horses can go. What are you going to do with this huge 800lb body miles from your camp?

That's also considering a wounded one bolting from a campsite after being shot in the dark. Any shots would have to be a vital hits to bring it down and also for it to leave a good blood trail to track and find it the next morning. Because dropping one with a single shot in camp is unrealistic let alone finding it afterwards. Anyways whats the plan after you located the body miles from camp, cut it up into zip lock size baggies?