• Announcements

• masterbarber

T shirt fund drive   07/17/2018

norseman has designed a t shirt and started a fund drive on custom ink. He is going to split the proceeds between the BFF and Project Grendel.  "We all owe this website a tremendous debt of gratitude. Our community and history would not exist without it. As far as the Project Grendel proceeds, I would like to see it go towards the purchase of a thermal scope."
      -norseman     https://www.customink.com/fundraising/sasquatch-hunter
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChrisBFRPKY

Are Blobsquatches Important?

57 posts in this topic

It's not a waste of time to attempt to film and photograph wildlife, it can be futile however, to try and photograph something dark and hairy in heavily shadowed environments which is playing hide and seek with you. One might consider themselves lucky to even have a pic of a head and shoulder peeking out behind a tree. Not that this would sastify anyone as proof mind you.

It's not a waste of time to attempt to film and photograph wildlife, it can be futile however, to try and photograph something dark and hairy in heavily shadowed environments which is playing hide and seek with you. One might consider themselves lucky to even have a pic of a head and shoulder peeking out behind a tree. Not that this would sastify anyone as proof mind you.

Thanks SY, this is what I should have said lol

Face it, Blobsquatches are entertaining!

Regardless of folks using auto-focus or lack of tripod at least they stood there long enough to try to get the shot. Double Kudo's to those who had a clue a huge unknown biped was lurking and still took the shot. I don't agree with the rabid "you MUST see it" group that pops up. But then again we weren't there.

I also agree high tech may not be the way to go unless you know how to work your equiptment. A brownie might do a better job for inexperienced photographer. JMO

Without the ever present blobsquatches, where would the phenomenon of "Bigfoot" be? I think, as annoying as it might be to scientific research/inquiry, and to me personally, it keeps the BF topic fresh for pop culture, and keeps the myth/legend aspect going. So, unfortunately, I think the blobsquatch is part of what keeps us believin'! Do blobsquatches on the 'net play similar roles in culture as folktales of wildmen in oral tradition and newspapers from the 1800s and before? I think so. part of the draw to the bigfooting is, fortuantely or unfortunately, the sensationalism.

Edited by notgiganto

If a fuzzy photo is useful to a researcher? Why not? Some times intelligence isn't perfect, and it's up to a researcher to put the puzzle pieces together.

It's the people that think their fuzzy photo is going to prove something that is maddening.

This is my feeling exactly. I have pics from vacations of things that I know no one else can see in the pic. I can only pick it out because I was there and used the picture as a memory refresher. I don't even put these pics in an album for others to see, what's the point? Those pics are for me. I understand using a blobsquatch for this purpose. I wish some of the tiny specs I had in my private collection of pics were of a Bigfoot, alas they are eagles and insects and such.

It's when people with pics like these post them and try to use it as proof that I get frustrated. If every fuzzy blob in the picture has to be described and labeled and still none of the blobs come together to create a cohesive representation of any creature, much less an undocumented primate it's probably best to just keep that pic as your own memory of your encounter.

Why not just share the pics and let others decide if there is anything there? Are casts or pictures of tracks important? Are recordings of calls and howls important? Are discussions about the PGF and it's players important? By important I mean getting the attention of main street science types.

As I said blobsquatches are pretty much useless as proof, though perhaps they can be considered as somewhat dubitable evidence in conjunction with lots of other types of evidence in an area. Here, for what its worth are a couple of blobsquatches I have found on Google Earth. If the areas have not been updated with more recent satellite images, you should be able to find them yourself using the coordinates at the bottom of the image. Google Earth (the program downloadable free from online) has 3D capabilities and the image can also be rotated to get the best angle. Try it yourself!

sasquatch.jpg

sasquatch2.jpg

sasquatch3closeup.jpg

Edited by vilnoori

Important as actual evidence? No, not really.

But they may be important to the person who knows they captured something on film, something that they (and everyone else) cannot identify.

To me, Blobsquatch photographs fall into the "Hmm, interesting..." category. But that is as far as they get.

In this day and age of cheap, high quality digital cameras with endless free film on their high capacity memory it's time someone gets a clear picture. That is if you want to be taken serious. Until then it's all in good fun but not close to reality.

Blobby, out of focus, and indistinct or crystal clear, razor sharp and totally believable; either or neither, regardless of what a pic looks like it's only as valuable as the information about this creature that one is able to derive from it. Blobby but in conjunction with some other phenomenon that was observed while showing the creature's size, its movement, its habits and revealing something about how it manages to elude us so that one could adjust/alter their search, then it's valuable. But crystal clear and totally believable and yet having no other verifiable data then it might as well be the product of some special effects studio and useful as an example of why researchers are so human and fallible.

:mellow: vilnoori that is an amazing find. Though, I don't think it is anything more than pix-elated artifacts that is still amazing none the less.

Blobsqutches are a kind of Bigfoot Rorschach test.

That's what it feels like sometimes...

I think for a few it keeps them interested, but for some, the longer your involved in this pursuit the more frustrating a "blobsquatch" is.

Last night, someone showed me a pic taken out in the bush. I said,,,,,,,blobsquatch,,,,,,he got all pissed off and left, hehe. "That's not a blobsquatch" Another subjective moment. If you're gonna show someone else a pixelated black blob among other pixelated black and green blobs, expect a blobsquatch reply and don't take it personal. It's a totally subjective thing. Granted, you might have seen a Squatch, but,,,,,

IF IT AIN'T OBVIOUS, IT AIN'T EVIDENCE ~ Graz

BlobSquatch's just add to the already mass opinion that we are NUTTS!!!I will not be guilty of posting anything that can't be seen in the video without having to manipulate the frame.How can it be usefull or anything else if you have to draw a picture to proove it.Call me a Blob hater if ya want,I just get sick and tired of the hype it causes.I can replay it at a lower pixel and call it a bigfoot,but that doesn't proove a thing.Except that I don't know what im talking about,and that seems to be common now a days.