The Dyatlov Pass Incident

Guest JudasBeast

Guest JudasBeast

What happened to the nine ski hikers in the northern Ural mountains on the night of February 2, 1959. All were found dead. The lack of eyewitnesses and subsequent investigations into the hikers' deaths have inspired much speculation. Investigators at the time determined that the hikers tore open their tent from within, departing barefoot in heavy snow. Though the corpses showed no signs of struggle, two victims had fractured skulls, two had broken ribs, and one was missing her tongue.

An examination of the four bodies which were found in May changed the picture. Three of them had fatal injuries: one victim had major skull damage, and two others had major chest fractures. The force required to cause such damage would have been extremely high, with one expert comparing it to the force of a car crash. Notably, the bodies had no external wounds, as if they were crippled by a high level of pressure. One woman was found to be missing her tongue. There had initially been some speculation that the indigenous Mansi people might have attacked and murdered the group for encroaching upon their lands, but investigation indicated that the nature of their deaths did not support this thesis; the hikers' footprints alone were visible, and they showed no sign of hand-to-hand struggle

The final verdict was that the group members all died because of a "compelling unknown force". The inquest ceased officially in May 1959 due to the "absence of a guilty party". The files were sent to a secret archive, and the photocopies of the case became available only in the 1990s, with some parts missing.

In one of their diaries a skier had written in large letters: “From now on we know that snowmen existâ€.

2010-03-19-conspiracy-dyatlov-pass.m4v

SSR Team

I'm not sure if anyone on this Board is going to know what happened to a Ski Party in 1959, in a set of Russian Mountains, but i might be wrong..

Admin

Since the prints of the skiers were apparent, but no BF tracks, it must be either aliens or extra-dimensional beings.

Guest midnightwalker1

I haven't read this account but some of the things you say don't add up. I am betting this is just another one of those fictional reality stories.

Guest JudasBeast

LOL..No really, thats how it reads. Go to WIki. As for your comment Bobbyo,I didnt think anyone here would have the answers. Just thought it was interesting. Sorry if it wasn't to your liking.

Edited by JudasBeast

SSR Team

If it wasn’t for sarcastic remarks, people would have very little to say.

Which might say it all huh ?? ;)

Actually this is a very interesting incident, it actually happened, and it is still a mystery to this day........

I have read many accounts of this story, some saying it was a big guy or maybe more than one, others say ufo, or russian military stuff, and still others undecided........

what is interesting is the accounts of the chest injuries, the doctors at the time said that the injuries could not have been caused by a human, and also seemed like it could have been caused by a hugging type hold.....

One account I cannot find was an account that said there we hundreds of small mounds around the camp and near the bodies......and their explanation of the mounds was , that big footprints compressed the snow and after a few days, the wind blew the snow away from around the outside of the compressed snow creating "mounds" ......

this is a very good link right here and it has a lot less hype in it than most that I have found.....

http://www.aquiziam.com/dyatlov_pass_1.html

many more links for this story, including one from the diary of one of the hikers saying , “From now on we know that the snowmen existâ€...

http://www.forteantimes.com/features/articles/1562/the_dyatlov_pass_incident.html

it sure is a strange mystery, and a very interesting one to boot.......thanks for bringing this to the BFF :D

Guest BCCryptid

I see no theory based on an attack by primitive men, ie, Almas. Is this area anywhere near the almas sightings territory?

Anyway, the first theory, they assumed a night flight of jet fighters over them was an avalanche, substained injuries gathering firewood and stumbling around in the dark, and all froze to death, is the most plausible to me.

Another theory might be they were all freezing and decided to go down the hill to start a fire and get warm, but this does not explain the destruction of the tent and the lack of clothing.

Yep, fleeing from a phantom avalanche makes the most sense.

Isn't one of the symptoms of hyperthermia actually feelin' hot? I seemed to recall hearin' in the past, people freezin' actually have been know to take their cloths off because they actually felt hot...only to actually freeze. As for some injuries, how carefull were the bodies recovered, was it a long rough hike back out? Forensics of the time?

Pat...

Guest Po Commander

Po Commander,

I'm sure you're just jokin', but they were sons an daughters...

Pat...

Oh my... May the Lord have mercy on their souls.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Isn't one of the symptoms of hyperthermia actually feelin' hot? I seemed to recall hearin' in the past, people freezin' actually have been know to take their cloths off because they actually felt hot...only to actually freeze. As for some injuries, how carefull were the bodies recovered, was it a long rough hike back out? Forensics of the time?

Pat...

Pat, I think you're onto it. Hypothermia in advanced stages leaves the victim feeling hot and they often remove clothing. As far as the tongue missing from one of the bodies, small animals go for the soft tissues first. But, that still leaves the injuries. A fall could certainly cause severe injury. Chris B.

I remember reading about this a couple of years ago.

Strange story. With so little evidence and so many plausible theories, it's hard to formulate an opinion about what may have happened.

It appears that there are other materials found at the site that have not been fully examined, possibly pointing to a cover-up. But a Russian cover-up is not at all unusual, so this doesn't really point to any particular theory as being correct.

I'd sure like to see the missing materials. But I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon (or at all).