Who Are The Real Experts In This Field?

Guest tracker

Guest midnightwalker1

How is it remotely possible this critter (living like any other great ape in the wild, sans tools, fire, and by numerous accounts sadly lacking in personal hygene habits) being so far advanced over humans, is not the dominant species on the planet? And how is it possible you, with these unique abilities to communicate with this superior species, is wasting your time writing on a forum such as this?

Good question in bold. I think just to fill the in between times and sometime you get to know other fairly bright folks that are researching. It's the way I've met many very good researchers in the past. This forum is filled with new folks that may want to learn and others with more experience that keep quiet. Many of the new guys may be very good woodsmen with good intentions but need some suggestions. I don't mind doing that. AND more importantly, I like to help others as I get to know them and their true intentions with doing this stuff. I don't help showboats or people with ill intentions. I correct people when they are misstating facts that i know to be quite the opposite. When they attack, I simply rebut them and put things into perspective.

The irony of it all is that the ones who cry the loudest about "being picked on for their bigfoot sighting" or "picked on by certain blogs" can be the biggest critics by using derogatory terms of others when things get beyond their own beliefs. Personally, I don't cry at night about all those folks that doubt me because I know good and well what goes down out there in those woods. I just kind of laugh because they aren't experiencing the same Poor them and yay me as they say. LOL

Edited by midnightwalker1

midnightwalker1,

I met many of those folks at the BFRO expeditions (WAFJ).

What is "WAFJ"?

If you want to learn something at their expeditions, take notes and then do everything opposite of what they do.

Would you be kind enough to provide a list of things to do in order to conduct a proper and productive field effort?

And a few of them now have come to terms that mindspeak is for real and/or there is something very physical to it as well.

Are you claiming the bigfoots speak to you telepathically? Prior to editing your post, you used the word "metaphysical," a rather vague word, but one that is sometimes used to refer to the supernatural. I don't hold you to it, because you did edit it out, but I'm getting the gist that you are claiming to communicate telepathically with bigfoots? If so, how do you know it's a bigfoot talking to you telepathically?

Thanks,

Pteronarcyd

NOT QUALIFIED means you don't know enough about the subject to credential it. Period. It's not that you haven't had some experiences...some of you probably have. I put the folks that do these things in various categories which are as follows:

1. QUESTION EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE (DOUBT THEM UNLESS THEY SHOW YOU A BIGFOOT): These are the people that can't get it going in the field themselves so they figure no one else could possibly be doing it. I met many of those folks at the BFRO expeditions (WAFJ). If you want to learn something at their expeditions, take notes and then do everything opposite of what they do. Anyway, these are the guys that try to hang around the cool bigfoot folks at the conferences/expeditions, idolize people like Meldrum and Gimlin and are extremely secretive about their top secret wood knocking techniques so others can't advance beyond them. Kind of a joke really.

Oversimplification if not outright diversion. Previous observation are on the money. Getting audio doesn't make you an expert. You have, I have, many have, I am not an expert. Neither are you. If you read my previous response I hardly idolize Meldrum. And I am as about far from the Cool Kids as could be. I know who know, I know I trust and beyond that it goes through bs-o-meter. You now come off like it's all either believers or skeptics and that's frankly crap. The PGF doesn't mean squat to me one way or the other, nor do Meldrum and other so called experts. But I still have critical think and if you don't question everything what do you question?

2. KISS (KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID) RESEARCHERS - These guys are alright with me. They're usually level headed people. They don't question my account or my integrity by using derogatory terms like "enthusiasts" and so on. They simply say "Alex, I have to see it in order to grasp it. I believe you but I am a touch it feel it kind of guy" or they may even say they don't believe in it but they don't use accusatory tones insinuating I am lying. Many of these types of folks have been out with me researching and I consider them very good friends. And a few of them now have come to terms that mindspeak is for real and/or there is something very physical to it as well. Many have changed their thoughts about the sas from these are creatures or monsters to these are people...because they've recorded their speech and seen how they've acted during our outings. I was probably one of these guys at one time until I realized there was more to the sas than what you think.

Enthusiast needn't be derogatory, it's often those of us who go out and look, and talk to witnesses and datamine in between and still don't let our egos get the better of us, ALL THE WHILE, still using critical thinking. Speaking of which, Mindspeak, as in telepathy I take it? Prove that to.

Anyway, there are other categories that I've missed but these 2 come to mind when I deal with some of the folks that like to discount intelligent people's accounts but have nothing in their own portfolio. Therefore, they are not QUALIFIED to gain any leverage in their statements because they have no credentials. All that comes out is hot air and opinion based on NO experience. Titles and affiliations with "bigfoot" organizations doesn't get it chief...sorry. All your derogatory comments to me mean nothing. It doesn't detract from the experiences I've had alone and with other researchers right there watching. Who are you? You are some dude on a keyboard and basically nothing to me.

ANd all your claims mean other but hot air, the "I know better" defense doesn't cut it. You are the who assumes Chief.... I'm out looking plenty, and have an active case file(s), and I'm still not an expert, and neither are you....

deal with it.

Guest midnightwalker1

Oversimplification if not outright diversion. Previous observation are on the money. Getting audio doesn't make you an expert. You have, I have, many have, I am not an expert. Neither are you. If you read my previous response I hardly idolize Meldrum. And I am as about far from the Cool Kids as could be. I know who know, I know I trust and beyond that it goes through bs-o-meter. You now come off like it's all either believers or skeptics and that's frankly crap. The PGF doesn't mean squat to me one way or the other, nor do Meldrum and other so called experts. But I still have critical think and if you don't question everything what do you question?

Enthusiast needn't be derogatory, it's often those of us who go out and look, and talk to witnesses and datamine in between and still don't let our egos get the better of us, ALL THE WHILE, still using critical thinking. Speaking of which, Mindspeak, as in telepathy I take it? Prove that to.

ANd all your claims mean other but hot air, the "I know better" defense doesn't cut it. You are the who assumes Chief.... I'm out looking plenty, and have an active case file(s), and I'm still not an expert, and neither are you....

deal with it.

OFFTOPIC. QUESTION WAS WHETHER THERE ARE EXPERTS IN THIS FIELD..

I defined it and clearly demonstrated there are...e.g. Meldrum who apparently understands their anatomical food. As for my expertise, that is something I share with others in the field and not in this forum. As for the word enthusiast, I consider it to be a derogatory term in the context in which it was used. You do understand the term "context" don't you. Let's move on back to the topic because the bottomline is that I will probably never share a campsite with most of you in an outing. And that is where we might get to work together. Then you'd see I am what I am in the field. As for my audio, those are fairly unique pieces that the average bear doesn't possess. I am pretty proud of this little ole audios but that's my passion...oh wait, I didn't see the bigfoot's lips moving and therefore we must discount it. What a joke. Anyway, focus on the topic at hand and refute the terminology that has been presented as opposed to all your oh so intelligent doubts of various accounts.

THERE ARE EXPERTS AND LEVELS OF EXPERTISE IN THIS FIELD...PERIOD. An expert doesn't have to know all there is to know about a given field. Do you think Einstein knew all there was to know about his areas of expertise? No. He was constantly broadening his horizons or plagerizing other people's research. LOL

Guest TooRisky

Hey Everyone,

Okay are there any true experts in this field?

Is it the average Joe who has run into them and may know first hand the truth from the BS in the forums and print about the legend of Sasquatch?

Is it the people who start up and run the web sites, forums and radio blogs who read up on everything ever written but have never seen a big foot? They may have some really cool samples?

Is it the science guys with a phd from other areas of study. Are they not just as green as anyone else except they know their way around a lab?

Is it the people who give lectures based on what everyone else has ever written or told them and they added their own thoughts? Are they now experts because they good at self promoting and wrote a book. that may or may not be redundant?

Is it a combo of all the above? or none of the above?

My idea of an expert is a person that can obtain on their own undeniable proof at will. So until that happens no one is an expert. With that said why do we have so many that pretend to be? Or worse tell others they don't know what they are doing or there encounter is pure bs not worthy of recognition in the jedi order. Oops sorry on their web site, book or radio show?

my bad :P

I agree with the last paragraph and laugh at all the self serving experts in the BF field... and always at the conferences regurgitating the same Ol stuff while peddling books and T-Shirts on the side... Please, Really...

All in my most humble opinion and am not in any way pointing out or segregating a select group... I am just personally throwing some under the bus is all... :P

Guest tracker

Hey I am no expert, there stuff I know and other stuff that I am good at. I get a little bored with the pure science behind it other than reading DNA results or discussing where they fit in mising link stuff. Also I am not a tech geek either but I like the new NV scopes and stuff and field equipment like that.

I've run into the big guys a couple of times a class A (Alberta) and some class B's in Ontario. Many times while following up on a leads from witnesses tracking them I could tell where they were in the tree line but didn't have the guts to go in alone without a better weapon or back up. I've been followed back to my car and one even tried to outflank me once. Jees, something that big being able to move thru the bush with out making hardly any sound, its fricking scary. They got skills! Has that happened to any one else? one or more of them trying to cut off your retreat? That spooked me a bit I must admit.

Anyways I always caution others don't under estimate them or over rate your wood craft skills. It a no contest situation. :( trust me.

OK, hold the phone...

I applaud any post that begins with those words because it means that someone else's nonsense is about to be taken to task.

OFFTOPIC. QUESTION WAS WHETHER THERE ARE EXPERTS IN THIS FIELD..

I defined it and clearly demonstrated there are...e.g. Meldrum who apparently understands their anatomical food. As for my expertise, that is something I share with others in the field and not in this forum. As for the word enthusiast, I consider it to be a derogatory term in the context in which it was used. You do understand the term "context" don't you. Let's move on back to the topic because the bottomline is that I will probably never share a campsite with most of you in an outing. And that is where we might get to work together. Then you'd see I am what I am in the field. As for my audio, those are fairly unique pieces that the average bear doesn't possess. I am pretty proud of this little ole audios but that's my passion...oh wait, I didn't see the bigfoot's lips moving and therefore we must discount it. What a joke. Anyway, focus on the topic at hand and refute the terminology that has been presented as opposed to all your oh so intelligent doubts of various accounts.

THERE ARE EXPERTS AND LEVELS OF EXPERTISE IN THIS FIELD...PERIOD. An expert doesn't have to know all there is to know about a given field. Do you think Einstein knew all there was to know about his areas of expertise? No. He was constantly broadening his horizons or plagerizing other people's research. LOL

Denied, the question is WHO are the experts. You called Meldrum one as well as yourself. I disagree with Meldrum, you simply are not.

THERE ARE EXPERTS AND LEVELS OF EXPERTISE IN THIS FIELD...PERIOD.

Now this is going to be interesting. Please elaborate on who these experts are and what they are expert in. What about yourself? What level are you and what is your expertise?

Edited by JohnCartwright

I applaud any post that begins with those words because it means that someone else's nonsense is about to be taken to task.

I find it a little snarky myself. I also think asking someone to prove mindspeak is analogous with trying to prove someone halucinated when they are quite certain they didn't.;)

Guest tracker

Hey when does an expert become an expert in trade like this? Is it when they are better than the others in his area so the others start caliing them up for advice or help? Or do you need to be the best in the state or province first? or the country?

Do you need to know everything about Sasq or can it be divided into categories like she's an expert @ print casting or he's an expert tracker? Does it have to be all encompassing like trackers an expert field guy and he's really funny and great to have on an expedition?

I know shameless self promoting plug, hey we all have our moments in the sun. :D

tracker

Posted Yesterday, 06:00 AM

Hey guys respect that everyone has got their own skills in this field and their own way of talking about it. Try not to vent from previous bad experiences or from the dogma its not personal. That's one of the main reason personal encounters go unreported. Then some reluctant witnesses expect miracles long after that trail gone cold. Anyways It only opens the lid and people will take offense at the skeptism. And if you talk large and put it out there for everyone to read then be prepared to back it up.

Tracker, take offense if you will but frankly Man up here. No, this is not worthy of respect. It's a textbook example of somebody typing BS into the interwebs, claiming to be a potentially psychic expert and having all kinds of nothing and sneering at the question they should expect. It's ******** and you should stop encouraging it.

tracker

Posted Today, 07:26 AM

Hey when does an expert become an expert in trade like this? Is it when they are better than the others in his area so the others start caliing them up for advice or help? Or do you need to be the best in the state or province first? or the country?

1) read my post in the thread about those who pretend to walk among them.

2) There are no experts, midnight in particular fails in all the usal ways. Insulting perhaps, then prove me wrong.

Do you need to know everything about Sasq or can it be divided into categories like she's an expert @ print casting or he's an expert tracker? Does it have to be all encompassing like trackers an expert field guy and he's really funny and great to have on an expedition?

Those are traits found in enthusiasts and investigators, there are NO experts.

I know shameless self promoting plug, hey we all have our moments in the sun.

" There's nothing better than cold beer at days end or hot coffee in the morn" tracker.

Not so far, just storytellers on forums and youtube with thin skins, and wannabe celebrities who think their blogs and radio shows make them above the rest. Not everyone with a blog/show falls under that category but those who do become obvious quickly.

Kinda like "Celebrity Skeptics" ? There are places where the skeptics can go to strut their stuff and show their moves.

thats one example, but they are on both sides of the fence and equally bad

• masterbarber locked this topic