Why Do You Want To Find Bigfoot ?

Guest Lesmore

I didn't say group sightings Drew, I said more than one person. I know you've read several sightings on various websights where a couple of people have seen the same thing, say from a vehicle or similar incident. I too question the validity of the memorial day footage. I wasn't trying to pick a fight with you by my question, I genuinely would like to know your thoughts on it.

I didn't think you were picking a fight.

I was just asking for links to the sightings you were referring to. Because, I don't think there are very many.

If you can give me a specific group sighting, I can tell you what I think was the cause of such a phenomenon.

I wish I could provide links Drew but I'm working from a Droid phone and I can't figure out or it won't do certain things like post pics or links. Oh well, no worries. :-)

No problem, I'm sure someone else on here knows where to find sightings where multiple people witnessed the same clearly defined creature, and they could help you out.

Edited by Drew

Why do you want to find Bigfoot ?

By find I mean..capture one, either for real, or in a picture, but in a very clear, set of pictures...either still or moving, that leaves no doubt as to whether this is BF, or another denizen of the forest, or some guy in a gorilla suit.

Is it because you:

• Would like to discover a new species.
  • Would like to resolve the mystery once and for all.
  • Other reasons....please explain.

Mostly, I just want to see one. Why?

My favorite hunting areas in Alaska are above tree line because of the glassing aspect of that type of hunting. I see lots of animals. When caribou or moose hunting above tree line, I usually get to observe grizzly bears. I'm not hunting them, per se. But I get to observe them, and often for a long time. It's beautiful. Impressive. Memorable.

In the stabilized PGF footage I see a large, impressive creature. I can just imagine how even more impressive a larger male sasquatch would be.

Seeing such a creature would be the outdoors experience of a lifetime.

Guest Lesmore

Mostly, I just want to see one. Why?

My favorite hunting areas in Alaska are above tree line because of the glassing aspect of that type of hunting. I see lots of animals. When caribou or moose hunting above tree line, I usually get to observe grizzly bears. I'm not hunting them, per se. But I get to observe them, and often for a long time. It's beautiful. Impressive. Memorable.

In the stabilized PGF footage I see a large, impressive creature. I can just imagine how even more impressive a larger male sasquatch would be.

Seeing such a creature would be the outdoors experience of a lifetime.

I'm not a hunter, but I do support hunting. I'm a fly fisherman and a wildlife photographer....distinctly amateur hobbyist status, in both cases. :D

As a result of these two pursuits (and having retired a couple of years ago) I'm out and about in forested areas, quite a bit and have been for decades.

Boreal forest and Canadian shield mostly, which don't seem to have the activity level of the PNW, but you make do with what you have, I suppose. There is some activity out here.

I agree with you that seeing such a creature (BF) would be a crowning outdoors experience.

Getting a clear picture of a BF with my DSLR and 300 mm lens would cap things off....nicely.

Les

I agree with you that seeing such a creature (BF) would be a crowning outdoors experience.

Getting a clear picture of a BF with my DSLR and 300 mm lens would cap things off....nicely.

I've often posited that a photograph of a sasquatch will not establish it's existence. I still believe that.

However, a "clear picture of a BF" for a wildlife photography enthusiast would be quite a coup, and after "discovery", such a photo could become very valuable.

I've always said this, when I first got into the field was because I love mystery. I love to investigate. I wanted to see one, I wanted, gershake put it, I want to learn about the species.Since then it has become a quest for vindication not only for my beliefs, but for the witnesses so scorned over time.

Guest Vincent

i would like him to be found as i would be more interested in the implications it would have on our evolutionary family tree, biology, etc. Is it simply a throwback, a "caveman", an ape that has seperately developed bi-pedalism on its own..etc. Its also fascinating that it lives in North America. i.e did it cross the bering as did the "native" americans from asia 12-13 thousand years ago? my interest in more scientific focused and how it relates to us humans. That is if bigfoot exists at all which im currently on the fence about.

Guest DaveBeaty

I would like to solve the mystery of its (non-)existence for myself. The body doesn't have to be on the slab to convince me, walking in the woods will do fine.

And a footprint cast as a souvenir would be nice as well. :)

edited for punctuation

Edited by DaveBeaty

Guest adamsclimber

I kind of backed into looking by accident, always had an interest, but never really did anything about it. Then I met some folks from here and other places and started at least trying to pay more attention since I was usually out in the woods a lot anyway. Most days I'm pretty much on the fence, but there's been a couple things I've encountered that have left me scratching my head.

Primary reason I look is for myself and since I'm in the area why not try to see what there is to see?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jtaylorcubsfan

I want to discover what is making people think they saw a living Bigfoot.

I want to know if it is related to a sleep disorder, prescription drugs, being prone to belief, being tired, or whatever. I just want to figure out the real cause of a Bigfoot sighting.

Ive often wondered that myself. If there is no such thing as Sasquatch, why are there so many reports of sightings? I know there are some credible people who have had sightings but could it be misidentification? I know I could tell the difference between a bear and a sas if I saw one. Drew, what percentage, in your opinion, are hoaxes? I say, in my opinion, 50% hoax, 40% misidentification and 10%......who knows. I am a believer but Im having doubts.

I'm also a firm believer in using a technology trap in which DNA, audio/visual evidence of the obtaining DNA can be utilized.

ADFG use hair snags coupled with Reconyx game cams on bears.