Why Do You Want To Find Bigfoot ?

Guest Lesmore

Drew, on 09 November 2010 - 04:05 AM, said:

I want to discover what is making people think they saw a living Bigfoot.

I want to know if it is related to a sleep disorder, prescription drugs, being prone to belief, being tired, or whatever. I just want to figure out the real cause of a Bigfoot sighting.

Ive often wondered that myself. If there is no such thing as Sasquatch, why are there so many reports of sightings?

If you accept the estimates that 95% - 98% are hoaxes and misidentifications, the remaining 2% - 5% really aren't "so many reports".

And asking me to believe that ALL such reports (on all continents, going back to the beginnings of human history) are hoaxes and misidentifications is asking me to accept a false probability equation.

OK, now back to the regularly scheduled program.. Chris B.

The unscheduled display was awfully fun. I'm actually disappointed that you switched the channel.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Po Commander

I want to find him for two particular reasons...

1. I'd like to eat his liver with some father beans.

2. I'd like to sell the remainder of his corpse to a rich man and become famous, and wealthy.

Guest TooRisky

Why do you want to find Bigfoot ?

By find I mean..capture one, either for real, or in a picture, but in a very clear, set of pictures...either still or moving, that leaves no doubt as to whether this is BF, or another denizen of the forest, or some guy in a gorilla suit.

Is it because you:

• Would like to discover a new species.
  • Would like to resolve the mystery once and for all.
  • Other reasons....please explain.

What method would you like to employ:

• Live capture- net, trap that would not harm, other method (please explain). What method would you employ ?
  • Photograph- still photograph, moving picture (Video, Digital, etc.) What equipment do you think would do the job ?
  • Other type of capture- please explain.

Please go into detail with your answers.

BTW, as many know I'm a cynic, but an open minded cynic. I think there is a possibility that Bigfoot exists. In the end I just don't know, the jury is out, as it were.

But I'm not critical of other's beliefs. Other individuals have had different experiences then I and in my view, it comes down to who knows.

All I want to happen is to stand in front of the species and look into thier eyes... My dream would be some sort of interaction like me presenting an apple, and the BF accepting it out of my hand....

That is all I want, and then just part with the knowledge I had just gained... Its that simple...

Guest squatchrider

The only real reason that I would want Bigfoot officially "discovered" is to protect the species. In all honesty I don't care if he is ever authenticated for any reason other than that. What I really want is to see one for myself. I'm actually afraid that if he is officially classified as a species then there are going to be captures and experiments and possible zoo exhibits. Although the conspiracy theorist in me thinks that the first two of these may have already happened. So I come back to, I really just want to see one for myself.

Good luck keeping the big guy in a zoo.....even my rats figured out how to work the cage door. :P

I'm afraid that if he is "officially" discovered they are going to restrict access to the forests. That would be bad for all of us.

I get this image of a big guy wandering around a broken and unused campground howling in sadness because there is no more TV.....

I will sign the ding dang disclaimer at the trail head if it comes to that....

And as to why I want to find the big guy...I just want some answers. Real ones.

Guest Woodenbong

My aim was to prove it to myself, nothing more nothing less. I eventually found the hairy guy got some pictures and I'm happy.

oooohhhh....I love pictures! :lol: :lol:

They are probably blobs, cause that's just how the big guy rolls... ;)

But we've got a marginally functioning thread for blobs so please feel free to post there without any fear of recrimination. Because that's what it's for.

I like to think the blobsquatch thread is for posting pics that you are pretty really awfully sure contain the big guy but won't stand the scrutiny of the "web devils"....

"Web Devil" meaning: Those who pick apart anything that isn't 1080 HD with the big guy giving them a cupcake as he explains that he was feeling under the weather that day and that's why the cupcake only has sprinkles and not the home made cream cheese frosting that he's really rather famous for and would you mind terribly if he just sat beside a fern for a bit until he felt better about coming out?

alt meaning: taken down the garden path so often that you come to loath tomatoes....

But it's a good thread to post pics that you look at at later and go "OMFG, is that what I think it is?"

So it's the one safe place we have here...Pretty please? Post?

Edited by Ilikebluepez

I don't want to find BF, because (1) they need to be left alone, and (2) they scare the bejeebies out of me.

But because it's apparent that they are certainly endangered, I think they need to be recognized as a living species and then they, and their habitat, should be protected by law. Unfortunately, I strongly suspect that it's too late, that there just aren't enough individuals left to avoid extinction.

By find I mean..capture one, either for real, or in a picture, but in a very clear, set of pictures...either still or moving, that leaves no doubt as to whether this is BF, or another denizen of the forest, or some guy in a gorilla suit.

Is it because you:

• Would like to discover a new species.
  • Would like to resolve the mystery once and for all.
  • Other reasons....please explain.

There is no such picture that exists nor will ever exist.

And it is because I want to protect the species.

• What method would you like to employ:
  • Live capture- net, trap that would not harm, other method (please explain). What method would you employ ?
  • Photograph- still photograph, moving picture (Video, Digital, etc.) What equipment do you think would do the job ?
  • Other type of capture- please explain.

Please go into detail with your answers.

[*]Other type of capture-

Marlin Guide Gun 1895 .45-70

marlin_1895G.jpg

Rounds-

Garrett Cartridges 540 grain Hammerhead

4570phh.jpg

http://www.garrettcartridges.com/4570540tech.html

Energy: 2880 ft/lbs: Taylor Knockout Value: 55; Meplat: .360â€;

Chamber Pressure: 35,000-cup; Brinnell Hardness: 25;

Trajectory: +2†@ 50-yds, ZERO @ 120-YDS, -8.5@ 175-YDS

*All ballistic specs result from 22†barrels.

FIRST CHOICE for defense against heavy grizzly

Our 540-gr +P Hammerhead Ammo is the ideal choice for stopping heavy bears at close quarters or hunting them at short range. This Hammerhead bullet has a meplat (frontal flat) diameter of .360â€, which is just one tenth of an inch less than bore diameter. With its tremendous weight to diameter ratio (sectional density) it provides end to end penetration on the heaviest of bears, with exit, and does tremendous damage per unit of penetration due to its extremely blunt front end. This load is carried exclusively by NOAA for protection against coastal grizzly attack. It is also carried by the National Marine Fisheries Service and the U.S. Geological Survey for protection from grizzly attack. For the specific task of stopping a grizzly charge, this ammo has no peer.

Point of preferable impact-

Directly under the chin, at the base of the neck, severing major arteries, and smashing vertebrae and spinal cord, causing paralysis and a quick death.

Edited by norseman

Guest tracker

I like that marlin, nice lever action, do you have one norseman? Maybe it would do the trick if you got a chance to fire off consecutive rounds with a clear line of sight within range? I would consider also notching the rounds? (old school I know)

Anyways the real prob is that it's always dark on dark with lots of cover and the subject is gone before the stun factor wears of. Or you get hit if you make eye contact. then afterwards you only bring your rifle if you got other preds to worry about.

Norseman you ever bring down a brown? it's harder than most hunters realize. Fear of being ripped apart and eaten can affect a persons aim when they got three second or less to make their shot. Polars are worse than browns, they will stalk a person for days or attack your camp. Watch out Lesmore, Churchill is not that far away!

I like that marlin, nice lever action, do you have one norseman?

Yes, I cleaned it just last night in prep for a cougar hunt I'm going on tommorow.

Maybe it would do the trick if you got a chance to fire off consecutive rounds with a clear line of sight within range?

You can get on Garret cartridges website and read some of the reviews. It passed through a 4000 lbs cape buffalo in Africa, it's going to do the job with ease. Just so long as your close, of course I don't know how comfortable I would be with a long shot, because we cannot take it for granted that's it's an animal and instead someone in a fur suit. Up close I'm completely comfortable with making a positive ID.

I would consider also notching the rounds? (old school I know)

Again, look at the website, these rounds are made to penetrate, relying on their already large bore size as "expansion".

Anyways the real prob is that it's always dark on dark with lots of cover and the subject is gone before the stun factor wears of.

Look at the PGF. Do you see a problem there? How about the Memorial day footage? I've read countless accounts of people seeing them in a condition that was ripe for a type specimen recovery. Obviously there will be times as with every hunt, that a shot cannot be taken cleanly and the animal can and will slip away.

Or you get hit if you make eye contact.

Huh?

then afterwards you only bring your rifle if you got other preds to worry about.

Again, I'm not following?

Norseman you ever bring down a brown?

I don't have enough money to hunt brown bear, but I have hunted large blacks successfully on Prince of Wales Island, AK. And of course around home here.

it's harder than most hunters realize. Fear of being ripped apart and eaten can affect a persons aim when they got three second or less to make their shot. Polars are worse than browns, they will stalk a person for days or attack your camp. Watch out Lesmore, Churchill is not that far away!

And yet how many browns and polar bears are shot each season by hunters? At least in the past for polar bears, as their seasons have been resricted I believe for conservation reasons. I can go to Cabelas in Post Falls Idaho and observe taxidermy mounts of both species with ease.

Hunting dangerous game is dangerous, absolutely. That is a risk factor that everyone must weigh on a personal level individually. But the amount of hunters mauled per year in relation to how many bear are harvested each season is ridiculously small. The odds are heavily stacked in favor of the human, and not the bear or other dangerous game. But if it happens a hunter knew the risks and accepted them when he strapped his boots on. It's no different than rock climbing, hang gliding, scuba diving or any other activity deemed "dangerous".

I fully accept the risks of my actions.

Guest tracker

Sorry, getting hit old school term for psych job, It's when you make eye contact and realize they are way to human to take down. Or a trophy specimen is better off left alive after he's given you the hunt of your life time or something like that. Watch Deer Hunter, they try to show this at the end of the movie.

Guest tracker

Norseman, cougars are hard to run down, you must be planning to use dogs on your hunt? How many in your party 2-3? do you use flankers ?

Hey if something bad happens god forbiding, can I have your marlin? :)

Good luck tommorow and watch out for ambushes from above or behind. the mean buggers like doing that. dry.gif