So They're Presumedly Smart

Guest gershake

Submitted for your perusal, consider a scenario where a plague or other calamity befalls the global human population. Nature and Mother Gaia have a way of evening the score when one species grows too populous. What would happen if the human population of earth were to be annihilated, to fall drastically, until five or ten percent of the current human population remained? Would our hairy friend have a chance to reclaim dominance in their habitat?

Submitted for your perusal, consider a scenario where a plague or other calamity befalls the global human population. Nature and Mother Gaia have a way of evening the score when one species grows too populous. What would happen if the human population of earth were to be annihilated, to fall drastically, until five or ten percent of the current human population remained? Would our hairy friend have a chance to reclaim dominance in their habitat?

If the calamity that befalls us is somehow only limited to us? Sure.

Chances are whatever caused the problem for us would also cause a problem for them. But if you are talking about one on one, no doubt they would dominate, but maybe we can eat the sasquatch left overs since they leave the legs and other meat behind just eating organ meats.

They would probably be affected too but I can see a symbiotic relationship forming- I build fire and you chase deer. I get your left overs and you can sit by my fire on cold nights.

If the calamity that befalls us is somehow only limited to us? Sure.

This is what I meant, and should have specified in my posting. There are certainly diseases that are species-specific, and could wreak havoc among the human population while leaving the bigfoot completely untouched.

Edited by Incorrigible1

Admin

One could argue that they already had a chance to dominate and failed, bested by us.Brains over brawn...

Edited by gigantor

One could argue that they already had a chance to dominate and failed, bested by us.Brains over brawn...

So true, yet nature has a way of tossing those dice again.

I'm merely tossing out a (hopefully) interesting scenario. A chance for the big guy to even the score, to gain another chance.

They would probably be affected too but I can see a symbiotic relationship forming- I build fire and you chase deer. I get your left overs and you can sit by my fire on cold nights.

If you want they can sit by YOU on cold nights..... :wacko:

I'm not willing to give up my imaginarily mythical status as a "LORD OF FIRE" in exchange for a new status as "the fire monkey" quite so easily. :unsure:

I'll chase my own ding dang deer. :blink:

Sheesh Jodie, you're giving me the heebiest of jeebies just picturing it.