Is Bigfoot Related To Neanderthal?

I think I agree with you on that after further consideration. Whatever bigfoot is, it doesn't act like anything we are familiar with or we would have found something by now, rare or not.

Guest vilnoori

Why does it matter who was dominant? What you have is us. The best genetic combinations survived. Working in OB, I'm sure there were many instances where the inbreeding was incompatible with life, probably a lot of RH factor incidents that caused the mixed child to abort, or the surviving child to be infertile, who really knows? There are so many things that could have happened to cause the vast majority of Neanderthal genes to not be expressed or carried on that aren't even related to the numbers for each population that existed at that time. Neanderthals lived with Cro Magnons for 30-50,000 years so if they were killing them they certainly took their time doing it.

This is not promoting any religion over another in any way but simply repeating what one Jewish archaeologist has theorized. There is a theory that the Nephilim referred to in the torah, bible, and koran is the word they used for Neanderthal back in the day in Israel. The word "giant" was a Greek mistranslation because they did not have an exact word to fit the Aramaic version of nephilim. There is a reference to large eyes in the story of Lamech and Bat-Enosh in the Apocryphon. Lamech came home after being away for a while and found that Bat-Enosh had a baby while he was away. Lamech suspected the baby of being Nephilim because his eyes were "like the sun" and the child was pale. That child grew up to be Noah. This is not proof of anything, but just an interesting coincidence since the Neanderthal were in the middle east and the only other humanoid known to co-exist with Cro-Magnon. It does give an ancient historical reference for an "other" recognition between two populations. Supposedly, the flood killed most of the Nephilim (ice age melt?). How many times has the victor, whether by their own efforts or sheer luck, rewritten history to justify the demise of the loser?

As for the art work, if you go back to the first page of this thread I posted an article related to autism but it also addresses the lack of artistic ability indicated by the brain structure and lack of archaeological evidence for intricate Neanderthal art works.It doesn't mean they didn't draw at all, they just didn't have the talent. But guess where musical ability came from? If the brain structure is any indication of where a person's strengths lie, we got that from our Neanderthal relatives. Music requires mathematical ability, evidently that was one of their strong points and their is archaeological evidence for this as they have found flutes among the Neanderthal remains and no where else.I can't see something looking like this guy's portrayal of Neanderthals sitting by a fire composing sonatas on a flute.

I think I kinda see your point about the nephilim, especially with the story of Lamech and Bat-Enosh thrown in. Not dissimilar to stories of trolls and giants in European/Norse and Greek mythology. However the Neanderthal "flute" has been debunked. It was not deliberately made. Will try to find the reference for ya.

Well here's a somewhat related article:

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2009-06/oldest-musical-instrument-found

Edited by vilnoori

I was just informed by a friend of mine about some scenarios regarding some of the verses from the Bible referred to giants. He told me that some of the words that were thought to describe giants were not exactly so. Instead he tells me he had read about interpretations that pointed

toward another species of human and the verses talked about inbreeding. Now is this so? I do not know. Just got the information

this morning before I got home from a weekend trip. Might be someone else is familiar with this. I will, if anyone is interested,

try to follow it through. No, I dont think it means there were no giants.. but I have a lot to learn with the Good Book.

I think I kinda see your point about the nephilim, especially with the story of Lamech and Bat-Enosh thrown in. Not dissimilar to stories of trolls and giants in European/Norse and Greek mythology. However the Neanderthal "flute" has been debunked. It was not deliberately made. Will try to find the reference for ya.

Well here's a somewhat related article:

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2009-06/oldest-musical-instrument-found

Oh thanks Vilnoori, I appreciate that. :)

Well I got that theory from watching the "Naked Archaeologist". His name is Simcha Jacobovici. On the show I watched he went back and reviewed the old Aramaic text and found several words in there that were mistranslations or that had no comparative translation in Greek. One of those was that "sons of god" should have been "sons of nobles". Anyway, I saw this before the information came out about Neanderthal's genome. Things begin to click with me after the genome was mapped and I reread the Book of Enoch. On rereading it, it sounded more like a description of a dying race to me through the cultural lens of what the mind set was at the time.

Not that this is of any relevance to bigfoot, but according to the Book of Enoch, the Elohim (Neanderthal?) were considered to be attractive. Not at all looking like that monster in the NP theory.

See any Philistines lately?

Actually, Huntster, I have. In fact, they are abundant in our great land and found in every state.

Philistine defined: A person who is uninterested in intellectual pursuits.:rolleyes:

Philistine defined: A person who is uninterested in intellectual pursuits.:rolleyes:

Similar to the definition of a Neanderthal:

1. of or pertaining to Neanderthal man.

2.(often lowercase) Informal. primitive, unenlightened, or reactionary; culturally or intellectually backward.

Apparently, the Philistines and Neanderthals were closely related. In addition to being perceived as dumb, they're easily killed off by boys with slingshots.

Guest The big grey man of ben ma

This is a good insight to the Neanderthal Genome, sorry if its been posted already

[

Edited by The big grey man of ben ma

BFF Patron

Very insightful talk. Looking forward to a more complete look at the genome for sure.

I think off the top of my head the latest from Paabo and max planck is

that all Europeans have 2-4 % Neanderthal DNA and black africans have

0 % Neanderthal DNA, do not quote me on that as the are still debating

their findings.

Recent news that on average "Europeans" and "Asians" may possess up to 4% Neanderthal DNA

not only reveals previously unknown genetic admixture, it pushes us to reframe the distinction

between non-human and human descent. Geneticist Svante Pääbo, from the Neanderthal Genome Project,

seemed to suggest this as he was reported saying, "Neanderthals are not totally extinct; they live

on in some of us."2 With this new information the quest for the genetic "admixture" of modern humans

has now formally extended beyond racially "mixed" family trees and into the "pre-historic" age.

Some of our perceptions about the purity of our inherited genetic legacy will be altered now that

many of us might be related to hominids from the Land of the Lost.

click here

more info

• masterbarber locked this topic