What Would Have Moved This If It Wasn't Bf

Guest Woodenbong

Guest Woodenbong

Me again, just thought I'd show you this picture.

The log is over 6 metres in length, very heavy. I was able to pick one end at a time with quite a bit of effort required at the but end.

As you can see the log hasn't been rolled or pushed, its been lifted to the right of its original position. On closer inspection I could see where something had gone through the decaying soil searching for food, the main bugs that would be under these logs would be white ground grubs, crickets, worms and cochroaches.

This log was located about 200metres from the pile of sticks that covered the scat, which had cricket remnants.

post-211-042457900 1292920191_thumb.jpg

Guest Woodenbong

This post is from Australia so sorry we don't have bears here. Although I wouldn't mind swapping a few bears for some snakes.

The log is in a very isolated part of one of my research areas, this are is quite remote and the chance of one person being there let alone 2 is quite out of the question. And for a human to be looking for ground grubs and crickets I very much doubt it, but then again it takes all kinds

You know if you do not have people in there.. like the outback folks.. 2 of them maybe would be my first guess not knowing anything at all about your study area.. NOW it is sounding more intriguing which I am sure you have been thinking all along.

Good luck to you sounds like you could be on to something. Weird & interesting on the stick covered scat..

Guest squatchrider

Woodenbong, sorry, as fascinated as I am with reptiles you can keep the snakes you have in Australia. At least bears are not going to pop out from under something I have stepped on and bite me injecting a lethal venom. As to your log pic, very interesting if there was no sign of humans around. Were there any sort of tracks at all in the area?

If whatever was looking for food, it would find it under the log that Woody has pictured, incidentally, close to a large pile of scat covered with sticks that had crickets in it.

Guest shelley7950

I'm not really up on my Australian wildlife, but don't you guys have feral pigs out there? Couldn't a couple of pigs have rooted that tree to one side and eaten anything tasty underneath? It just seems there must be a lot more plausible, or likely, scenarios to be explored before assuming Bigfoot (or the Yowie) did it :)

What about water? Could a flood lift up the log and move it a few inches? Then the water recedes leaving the indentation where the log sat for many years?

Guest shelley7950

I was thinking the exact same thing about water...without knowing the climate or topography it's hard to know what's possible...

I know pigs are messy....but I figured if bigfoot/yowie left no marks, then probably feral hogs wouldn't either...the ground in the photo looks really hard and dry...again, I guess not enough info. to come up with a lot of ideas...

The title of the thread seems to indicate that the OP is pretty convinced that bigfoot did this, without giving a lot of credence to alternate explanations (I may be misreading this)...anyhow, I think there are lots of possible alternatives and, much as I want to believe in BF's existence, if I came across that tree I think BF would be one of the last suspects to cross my mind...I tend to approach things from the opposite point of view--what could have done this? If I can pretty much eliminate A,B,C,D, and E, then just maybe it's F (Bigfoot)...the OP seems to be challenging us to prove it's not F, and if we can do that, he might go on to consider A,B,C,D, and E as possibilities...to me, strange logic...

Edited by shelley7950

What is the dimensions of the scat?

Why are we so sure that people are not there?

How close is this location to water and what kind?

Is the substrate hard enough to not disclose a pig herd? group? flock? pod?

:)

Guest shelley7950

I was thinking about floods myself....hmmmmm....I see a lot of random debris in the background of that photo....wind? flood? pigs? BF? Whatever, this is hardly a neat and pristine scene...SOMETHING brought that tree down initially (apparently a long time ago), and something scattered leaves, bark, and branches in the area....could be an area prone to seasonal flooding...we just don't know...

By the way---since pigs and whales are distantly related, I like "pod"...it has a nice ring to it: "on the way home last night, I spotted a pod of pigs on the horizon"...although then you have your "sounder" of wild boars....but I digress...as usual...

• masterbarber locked this topic