What Would Have Moved This If It Wasn't Bf

Guest Woodenbong

Guest Woodenbong

I have posted a picture of a bed structure that I located in the same location as the other pics. As you can see there is a pile of grass at the base of the tree, this pile of grass I will refer to as the ''pillow''.

The pillow was made up of grasses from the area and the way it was made was quite unique, the grass tussocks were not just thrown together but were placed in a pattern, all the roots of the grass were on the outside edges of the pillow rather than all through the pillow. The pillow its elf was quite high as you can see and the remaing bed itself was in a foetal position from the pillow, the bed structure itself was made up of the same grasses but not as deep.

I layed in the structure and it was quite comfortable.

Beside the bed was a small pile of rocks, which didn't look natural, I picked a few of the rocks up and found green grass under them, which shouldn't have been the case. There should have been dirt and decomposed material under them. I checked rocks further away from the bed and they did have the decomposed matter under them unlike the rock pile beside the bed.

I was thinking that perhaps what ever made the structure had removed them from the bed itself prior to laying the grass down or were placed beside the bed to be used as ammunition.

Any ideas

post-211-014725000 1293046252_thumb.jpg

I'll Pm you tomorrow, the 4 encounters I have had are pretty freaky, when your within 30 metres of one of these guys all things go through your mind.

Hi Woodenbong,

I would also be interested to hear about your 4 Yowie encounters. My Thanks in advance, if you would be willing to share them.

Bill, in NY

Guest Woodenbong

Hi Woodenbong,

I would also be interested to hear about your 4 Yowie encounters. My Thanks in advance, if you would be willing to share them.

Bill, in NY

Hi Bill,

I'll post the 4 of the on the forum tonight

Cheers

I'm definitely convinced through the pictures that you have something rooting through logs and under them looking for grub and other insects.

Here in the PacNW, black bear are responsible for most of this. In fact when elk hunting one time, I got the **** stung out of me, because I had pushed out a bear that had been robbing a bees nest. He got the honey and I got the stings....

Since you live in Australia? I have no idea. Pigs don't dig for grubs in punky logs, they root around on the ground looking for tubers and root systems to eat. My best guess is that whatever it is has hands capable of manipulating logs and stumps during it's search. I'll leave it to you to through deductive reasoning guess, as to which animal best fits that description in Australia's back country.

Very interesting! Thank you!

Admin

... or were placed beside the bed to be used as ammunition.

Any ideas

Makes sense, I keep my WWI pump action trench shotgun by my bed just in case. Unloaded ofcourse...

Guest Woodenbong

Have you found any hairs in a nest of that type? I believe several hairs have been collected in Australia and examined by Fahrenbach.

[/quote

The hairs from Australia that Fahrenbach examined were hairs that I had sent him. I have sent several samples to him from differnt locations with a similar result

Guest Woodenbong

This is another bed structure that I kept an eye on for a few of years ( it was before I had trail cameras). each time it I returned to the structure it would be totally different. The warmer months were the best months Oct-March was the most productive. During winter the animal would leave the area and the bed would decompose back to nothing, but once the weather warmed up the stucture would be rebuilt and maintained to a certain standard. This bed structure was is the best one that I have found, it was pretty impressive.

post-211-077846000 1293075384_thumb.jpg

Struggling to survive, hiking day after day through the Outback. Malnourished, weak, thirsty, but still strong enough to cover their poop with sticks as mentioned in Woodenbong's other post.

You don't poop when dehydrated......or pee.

I was asking about the Emu, not because of the log, but because of the suspected bedding/nest. Emu nests don't seem to look like typical bird nests, or what you think of when someone says bird nest. The Emu nest seems to look somewhat like a blanket spread upon the ground.

Emu eggs can get pretty big, so these nests are probably pretty large:

emunestall.jpgemueggs.jpg

RayG

Guest Woodenbong

I was asking about the Emu, not because of the log, but because of the suspected bedding/nest. Emu nests don't seem to look like typical bird nests, or what you think of when someone says bird nest. The Emu nest seems to look somewhat like a blanket spread upon the ground.

Emu eggs can get pretty big, so these nests are probably pretty large:

emunestall.jpgemueggs.jpg

RayG

I've already said its not an emus nest, I really don't like repeating myself.

The bed had hair in it which WASN"T EMU feathers.

• masterbarber locked this topic