What To Do If You Find A Body?

My group is trying to decide what we should do if we happen to find a body. Who to contact, how to collect the body ect... I know this is an unlikey event but we want to be prepared if it happens. I would appreciate any advice or sugestions. Thanks Burt

Guest Lesmore

My group is trying to decide what we should do if we happen to find a body. Who to contact, how to collect the body ect... I know this is an unlikey event but we want to be prepared if it happens. I would appreciate any advice or sugestions. Thanks Burt

Call the following:

• Local Conservation Dept.
  • Local and national media
  • Local University Biology Dept.

• Notary Public- who is in attendance at the same time the above groups are.

-Local Police.

Call them all at the same time and do in a way that they all show up on the scene at the same time. Make sure you group is ready and waiting. Police would have to be called quickly.

Do this very quickly...the day of the 'find'.

Make sure that the find, is actually a Bigfoot, first and not a bear or something else. Credibility is essential.

Make sure dimensions of the beast are taken, documented and verified by your group, while a Notary Public is present. Take many pictures, both still and video.

Make sure your group, or whoever found the body, writes a report, documenting when, where, how, why, who and does this documentation ASAP, that day, so it is fresh in their mind. Have it verified by a Notary Public.

Why all these procedures....to establish credibility and have representatives from different organizations / agencies all there...at the same time...to ensure all there is a 'watchdog system' in place, before the viewing.

As far as costs go....I don't know...probably Notary Public...also make sure area is well lit, someone in your group probably has a portable generator and lights, in case it's during a less well lit time.

Have a number of your group on security duty, until authorities come, to ensure that it doesn't 'leave the scene'. :D

When planning, think about credibility.

Edited by Lesmore

Admin

Cut a finger off and take it to a secure, secret location before anyone else takes control of the body.

Edited by gigantor

Guest Woodenbong

Before notifying any authority, I would get the animal out of the area that it was found it. Myself I'd do just that and get it to a freezer of soughts and think about the next move.

I think its paramount that the location of the find be kept quiet.

Once you come back to reality, I'd send a portin of skin with hair to a relevent authority.

And only then would I notify the bank manager

Bag and tag a few digits. Unless you happen to come across the body while driving a tow truck, it's unlikely you'll be able to move it. Thus, bag and tag some digits so you can, at a minimum, provide tissue samples to independent experts for analysis. As gigantor suggests, I'd keep one such digit on ice in a freezer at an unobvious and secure location.

The problem with taking a digit or other sample is that it is illegal in most states to take or possess any animal or part of animal without the appropriate permits.

I'm taking the digits, regardless. The state can sue me.

By the way, what state has a regulation saying all species, known and unknown, are protected and require a license? In WA some counties have prohibited killing bigfoots, but there is nothing that I know of that prohibits possessing a bigfoot body or part thereof in those counties as long as you didn't kill it.

Bigfoot isn't a protected species in most jurisdictions. It isn't a game animal. It isn't a migratory bird. It isn't endangered or threatened.

Pteronarcyd said:

I'm taking the digits, regardless. The state can sue me.

Spazmo said: Me too.

I will third this statement. Except I would take more then just digits.

The problem with taking a digit or other sample is that it is illegal in most states to take or possess any animal or part of animal without the appropriate permits.

I gotta get a permit to chop off a finger from a dead bigfoot?

I agree, but I'd see about getting the head. It's brain could provide some valuable insight scientifically. I'd might bag a foot also..just because it may help in determining real vs. phonies.

In New York as usual, has a bizarre set of regs. You can go out and kill an unknown animal, but you cannot "trap" or even "harass" it unless you have a permit. Well..that IS how kind of New York runs, bass ackwards.

So far ENCON hasn't bothered me about the "harassment" thing.