• Announcements

• masterbarber

T shirt fund drive   07/17/2018

norseman has designed a t shirt and started a fund drive on custom ink. He is going to split the proceeds between the BFF and Project Grendel.  "We all owe this website a tremendous debt of gratitude. Our community and history would not exist without it. As far as the Project Grendel proceeds, I would like to see it go towards the purchase of a thermal scope."
      -norseman     https://www.customink.com/fundraising/sasquatch-hunter

Attn: Closet Witnesses

133 posts in this topic

I just want to make something really clear before I sign off and hit the hay...

I am not pursuing this thread as a platform to get on the Steering Committee. Anyone who knows me here knows that's a fact.

Good night all!

LPP

I just want to make something really clear before I sign off and hit the hay...

I am not pursuing this thread as a platform to get on the Steering Committee. Anyone who knows me here knows that's a fact.

Good night all!

LPP

I hope I didn't sound like that was the implication. It wasn't my intent, and I apologize if that's how it sounded.

What I meant was, these discussions will have some influence on the members who vote in the upcoming election.

That can be a good thing, too.:)

S.

Fascinating assemblage of frightening activity. Have you seen the "red eyes" since 1985? Do you actively investigate sightings I assume?

no bipedalist...sorry to say i haven't seen them since. ive only had one other encounter, that took place in 1992, that was totally unexplainable. that one was a late night vocalization session, that was almost as hair raising as the 85 sighting!

I am glad to see a discussion about serving the unserved in this field. There are a lot of folks out there that are not the type to jump into an online discussion group and make a go of it. The more ways for a person who has had an experience to hook up with others that are knowledgeable in the field, and that includes some skeptics too, the better.

People need a place to get their questions listened to and respectfully answered. The Bff 2.0 is worlds better at it than before and headed in the right direction. The fact that the Enoch thread has been moderated successfully so far is proof of that. I hope to see more participation by long term witnesses, Sasfooty has been a wonder at sticking with it. My hat's off to you.

I hope a way can be established to let as many lurkers as possible have a voice. What some people might need is to be encouraged to stick with it long enough to become a part of the group, and by doing that you change the group.

The upcoming formation of the steering committee will be the test as to what Bff 2.0 is going to be. My hopes are that it will continue to strive to be inclusive, rather than exclusive.

I love your sweet attitude LPP, and I am glad you are back, I missed you. But, I do not think this a the place to implement your good intentions.

Just IMO...

I echo everything you say Indiefoot. My hat is off to Sasfooty as well. And others.. things happen very fast. It can be difficult to handle. Its nice to come to a place where you can state what happened to the best of your ability without having to look over your back regarding who is standing there making you wonder about what you said. That is not something anyone should have to worry about. Ideally there are those in need of ideas who would like to deal with people who might be able to offer suggestions regarding their concerns. We are here and in mass. Feel free to pm me or any of the others who work to offer information and/or suggestions regarding BF presence or activity. Or situations from the past. LPP, we know you, you have shared your concerns about others so amply put by Indiefoot. Having been a person who went through this and offering to help others is your nature. I would like to think that is important to a lot of people here.

I anticipate that would be your goal in any situation regardless of whether it has to do with this forum or a situation at home or on the road. & cheers to the upcoming new directions. It can be tough to make a post.. wondering about the interactions that follow it. Hopefully it gets automatic through a comfort level. Furthering information through reports I would think is a goal of everyone. Opinions vary regarding how this will work so lets see.

Lordpiney, I just went and read your account too... a most disconcerting experience! I'm glad I didn't know about there being bigfoot in Jersey back when I lived there... I would've never left the house! And there I was, blissfully ignorant, thinking that the worst thing one could expect from the Pine Barrens (other than the Jersey Devil) were the ticks and Lyme disease!

So, your account doesn't mention the aftermath, other than to say that even now you get the chills when you think back on your encounter. I'd be interested to know how you felt in the days, weeks, months and years that followed. Did you wish you could talk about it, and if so, were you comfortable talking about it with the people close to you, or do you think it would've been helpful to have had a support group made up of others who'd had a similar experience who you could've turned to afterward?

And hey, if you ever feel a need to talk about the emotional aftermath with someone who can relate, I'm only a PM away...

I love your sweet attitude LPP, and I am glad you are back, I missed you. But, I do not think this a the place to implement your good intentions.

Just IMO...

(((hugs John)))

I missed you too...

Hopefully, there is enough room on the BFF for what I'm proposing, and all I can do is offer my time and energy as a volunteer to help actualize something worthwhile... how that's eventually received is up to those who run these forums. This thread is just an appeal to the closet witnesses and other interested supportive BFF members to come forward NOW so that their voices will count LATER when a decision is finally made by the new Steering Committee. This is soooo not about me... I don't even care if the idea is "taken away" from me and implemented by others chosen by the BFF... I just want to start the conversation amongst the lurking/closet witnesses, in order to have something of substance for the future Steering Committee to consider.

LPP, we know you, you have shared your concerns about others so amply put by Indiefoot. Having been a person who went through this and offering to help others is your nature. I would like to think that is important to a lot of people here. I anticipate that would be your goal in any situation regardless of whether it has to do with this forum or a situation at home or on the road. & cheers to the upcoming new directions.

Well, unfortunately the people I've managed to be supportive for over PMs in the past were also the people who have decided that the BFF is a bad place for witnesses to post. I really hope they see this thread and decide to make their needs known...

It can be tough to make a post.. wondering about the interactions that follow it. Hopefully it gets automatic through a comfort level. Furthering information through reports I would think is a goal of everyone. Opinions vary regarding how this will work so lets see.

Yes, let's see. It really is up to the people whose voices are not heard here.

Lurkers, I really appeal to you to show up, just for one post or one PM, and let us know how a witness community could serve you!

Thanks everyone...

The only time I have problems with the naysayers is when they drown out all the others and in fact humiliate anyone trying to tell of the experience or anyone who acts the least bit enthused about the report. If it was simple conversation - regardless of the views of one or the other - I think most people could handle that. It's when the conversation degrades into calling the witness a liar or worse is when it gets unacceptable to most and it's not fair. When someone is offering up a report, first off they're anonymous or have the option of choosing to be anonymous after all. Considering the fact that we're all talking about something that hasn't been proven yet, I have found it actually quite funny at times when such a protest arises from a naysayer. It's not like they're an expert on the subject. No one is.

I am glad to see a discussion about serving the unserved in this field. There are a lot of folks out there that are not the type to jump into an online discussion group and make a go of it. The more ways for a person who has had an experience to hook up with others that are knowledgeable in the field, and that includes some skeptics too, the better.

Good point.

People need a place to get their questions listened to and respectfully answered.

...and clearly, not all of their answers can come from lurking through researcher threads or PMing me and a few others who are openly welcoming to wounded witnesses...

The Bff 2.0 is worlds better at it than before and headed in the right direction.

I hope so...

The upcoming formation of the steering committee will be the test as to what Bff 2.0 is going to be. My hopes are that it will continue to strive to be inclusive, rather than exclusive.

Me too.

Just a note to let readers know, however the thread and support issue unfolds or shakes out with steering committee/admin I am always willing to listen to other's in this thread(or the other listed thread, or by PM or email)that have had close encounters. I can only support those that make it known through posting or questioning me somehow. I have experienced some of the fear, confusion, trepidation, uncertainty, new world order, obsession, questioning and consequences of having been close in the hunt for these forest dwellers. I have also experienced the humor, wonder and occasional enjoyment of the chase (and being chased). But I don't have what I consider proof (or as Graz says, obvious evidence) or blobsquatches.

Since the steering committee or staff has already discussed this topic and had this topic on their agenda for quite some time it sounds like, perhaps the work they have already done will be very important to the final outcome of how this idea blossoms.

Again, thank you LPP for bringing the discussion to the forefront (and for returning to the fold). If it is in fact an unmet need (which I think it is..but not sure the details of meeting it) that can be addressed in some fashion, I have a feeling the current administration will find a way to make a go of it and support other's that wish to assist in it's formulation.

Edited by bipedalist

WOW.

I didn't expect this thread to get heated. But it sure did...

So, first of all, I believe Splash is a witness (Splash, please correct me if I'm wrong here). He is not a naysayer as far as I know, but he is one who questions claims. But I think categorizing him as part of the perceived problem concerning witness reluctance to post here is somewhat unfair, and is also something we don't like to see in the open threads (attitudes towards staff). But rather than try to point out who might be wrong in this instance, how about we do the "deep breath drill" instead and continue this discussion more calmly? It is worth discussing, IMO.

Despite some perceptions, Splash is a strong proponent having experienced two sightings himself.

I'd welcome anyone to try and convince him he didn't see what he adamantly claims he witnessed.

This topic is not new, either. I have had some conversations with a couple of staff members that were almost identical to this topic, and I even came up with some ideas to make it happen.

I can attest to this firsthand. Spazmo and myself have had some conversations about creating a forum for witnesses who may feel hesitant to share their accounts under the present format.

I know from PM's that these people exist. Those that have trusted me enough to relay their experiences privately should know that I appreciate their confidence immensely. What I've been told in confidence remains private between us.

The problem with doing so results in its execution and the proper means to go about it. A couple of trials of *exclusionary* threads have taken place in the past. I know because I approved them.

What occurred there was certainly in conflict with the vision I had when I approved them.

Make no mistake about it, the *new* BFF, or what is commonly referred to as BFF 2.0 clearly and unambiguously states in the Rules & Guidelines the following....

But keep in mind, this is a Bigfoot forum. You must accept the proponents point of view if you expect yours to be considered. This is by nature a “Bigfoot House†and is intended to foster intelligent discussion of the subject. This is not “The Anti-Bigfoot Forumâ€.

They also clearly state.....

Skeptics welcome! Assuming you don't come in with preconceived and immovable notions regarding Bigfoot and those who discuss the phenomenon, you'll find a spirited and thought-provoking debate waiting for you here.

What has always made the BFF great has been the diversity of its membership. The problem with implementing what is proposed within this thread is one of balance.

As Spazmo stated, this is not an issue some of us on staff have not previously discussed/considered.

However, the potential for what is being called for to be divisive and extremely hard to keep track of are clearly present given the history of this forum and the Rules & Guidelines the *new* forum adopted.

I'll certainly mandate and enforce whatever is decided by the SC in reference to this.