New 2-Hour Special Coming To History Channel

bf2011HBMay

It will air Wednesday, February 2nd, 9:00 EST/8:00 Central, and is titled Bigfoot: The Definitive Guide. Here is a description: "The bigfoot legend is explored by a team of scientists working with data from sightings around the world to determine if the creature exists,and if so, where?" Check local listings for time and channel.

"The bigfoot legend is explored by a team of scientists working with data from sightings around the world to determine if the creature exists,and if so, where?" Check local listings for time and channel.

Cool, because the History channel has never aired anything like this before!

oh wait.....

love the photo though...scary bigfoot go raarrr

Cool, because the History channel has never aired anything like this before!

oh wait.....

love the photo though...scary bigfoot go raarrr

Awww! NOOOOOOOOooo! Seriously? Why History Channel, why?????

Costume Bigfoot throwing a big rock = "definitive study"...

Wait, the History Channel gave up on that..and umm, actual HISTORY documentaries... a long time ago....

I was just ranting about this sort of thing to my GF recently. I long for the days when I could turn on the History Channel and see a documentary on the American Revolution or the like....I will of course watch, and be let down by the rehashing and dramatizations...I can hope though, to see a little something new, maybe on the hunt in China....<fingers crossed>

Awww! NOOOOOOOOooo! Seriously? Why History Channel, why?????

Costume Bigfoot throwing a big rock = "definitive study"...

Wait, the History Channel gave up on that..and umm, actual HISTORY documentaries... a long time ago....

I was just ranting about this sort of thing to my GF recently. I long for the days when I could turn on the History Channel and see a documentary on the American Revolution or the like....I will of course watch, and be let down by the rehashing and dramatizations...I can hope though, to see a little something new, maybe on the hunt in China....<fingers crossed>

I'm a history buff myself and agree with your sentiments. Unfortunately I think most people think history is akin to watching paint peel off of a wall. There fore they have changed the content to appease a larger base of viewers, with the motto "History is made every day". :mellow:

Man, the History channel is such a rag these days. I have a bit of a soft spot for it because they have occasionally employed my brother in their actual reenactments, but so much of it is barely 1.5 steps above Weekly World News it's become hard to watch otherwise. I hope it's worth your time.

Guest ajciani

Hey, what would YOU do if a crazy man invaded the offices of your competitor spouting off inconvenient truths delivered by telepathic gorillas?

edit: sp

Edited by ajciani

Guest tracker

I like the History channel but it is what it is, entertainment for the masses. Do they run an web stream? Maybe someone will record it and it will pop up on the grid for all to see and discuss?

Bigfoot: The Definitive Guide

A team of top scientists come together with one goal to create the definitive guide to Bigfoot. Does the creature exist? And if it does where is it? And how can it survive without being detected? Using a new interactive map the team has plotted more than 10,000 Bigfoot type sightings from around the world. These sightings are of an unidentified creature which walks on two legs and is covered in a thick layer of hair. Many of theses sightings date back over 100 years. With their expert knowledge of the natural world they are able to dismiss nearly 90% of the sightings, but what emerges is a series of global hotspots that cannot be explained which indicate that something is out there. The team examines these global hotspots and searches for explanations including new theories that suggest we may have been looking for the wrong creature all along?

From the post above from incorrigible1, it seems like the show might be entertaining. It has been a while since we have had a decent BF program on. I believe American Paranormal may have been the last.

Has anyone seen a commercial or trailer for this show yet? I was wondering if they are pumping it or not? If they are then they want you to watch. I remember not being able to escape the "Discovering Ardi" campaign when Discovery was getting ready to air.

When and if they ever get something, the pumping of the show will be everywhere.

Cheers