• Announcements

• masterbarber

T shirt fund drive   07/17/2018

norseman has designed a t shirt and started a fund drive on custom ink. He is going to split the proceeds between the BFF and Project Grendel.  "We all owe this website a tremendous debt of gratitude. Our community and history would not exist without it. As far as the Project Grendel proceeds, I would like to see it go towards the purchase of a thermal scope."
      -norseman     https://www.customink.com/fundraising/sasquatch-hunter
BFSleuth

Colorado Sighting Of Two Bf In The Road

176 posts in this topic

Does anyone know more about "Bigfoot" on Facebook?

Edited by COGrizzly

Oh mah, maybe the highway dept is ahead of the BF curve and has them employeed as road markers as you suggest!

The only problem is BFs don't understand issuing tickets when someone speeds by the cones so they chase 'um down and bang in the sides of the car in and crack the glass.

Neurological?

Common threat to the north?

Edited by spunout

I've been considering the neurological angle. Tremors, just as humans get it, could be one possibility... but then why two within some distance of each other in the same position?

I'm thinking that although the witness noted the temperature was not cold that night... whether there are any streams or other places where they may have just spent time and become very cold. That would make sense, that they were using the warmth still held in the road from the day's sun.

They were doing some Bigfoot Yoga? Needed a good flat surface?

Thanks slabdog!

This happened 22 years ago?

Sometimes fear will make you shiver or shake and you sometimes get cold from that, or shock maybe? They could have just gotten done running from something in fear and were trying to catch their breath??

If that drawing is to be taken seriously, this creatures must have been 13 to 15 feet tall. That in itself raises questions about this sighting. However, if Gail's theory has merit, it would be really interesting to speculate what a creature that size would run from in such fear.

Mike

Yeah, the witness said that it would "have to be over 10 feet tall" when it stood up. Both of about the same size.

He also stated they were both the same size, that would possibly mean two alpha males.

This was just over a mountain pass. Perhaps this was a territorial dispute at the boundary of the pass between two alpha males, they settled their differences, and were spent.

Yeah, I can't see these running in fear from much, unless from hunting dogs and hunters on their trail.

I have just tried to sit in that position myself. I couldn't manage it, as my thighs are too long and arms too short to make it work. Thus if they were sitting as drawn, they clearly don't have the same proportions as me (and I'm pretty normal). Furthermore, getting the closest I could to that position, then taking the equivalent horizontal measurement gave an absolute maximum possible dimension of 4'-3". Now, even allowing for a bit of error in both mine and his, that extrapolates to a height of 114 / 51 x 71" = 159" or 13 feet and 3 inches. That is one tall creature!!

As a matter of interest, the vertical dimension put through the same exercise produces a very similar result. Useful corroboration of the drawing, if nothing else.

No wonder he thought it looked like a bale of hay!

Mike

Edited by MikeG

Yeah Mike, I also tried getting in the position in the drawing, and my knees are too high relative to my armpits. Your analysis to put the standing height at 13' 3" seems correct. That's one BIG guy.

Tough to draw things to scale AND get the distances right at the same time especially from a moving vehicle -- I mean his scale could be spot on but the linear distance reckoning could be off. I know I'd have trouble doing it unless I had backround objects I knew very well to scale against in the first place --my point being I think it's VERY difficult to pull off an accurate sketch from this situation with the details this witness has tried to provide.

iacozizzle, you may want to go back and listen to the interviews again.

He stated that he came to a dead stop with his head 20' from the first creature for a while, and he knew from measurement that his eyes are 6' off the ground and the width of the road from center line to the edge of the road is 11'. He saw even to the top of the head, so that's pretty accurate for 6', and I think his estimate of 6" from buttocks to centerline is probably pretty close and about 12" from tips of fingers to the edge of the road is probably pretty accurate from a sighting distance of 20'. I say he was pretty accurate based on how I listened to the account.

He was stopped and had time to observe a fair amount of detail as he pondered whether to risk trying to get his camera for a shot. That would have amounted to reaching over the back seat to get his pack, unzip it, dig down to his camera and unclip it from an inside clip, get the camera out of its case, unroll the window and lean outside the vehicle to take a picture. He'd have had to put it in Park... with a huge BF so close that when he decided not to push his luck and move along he had to "turn his wheel sharply to the left to avoid him".

I'd say he sounds pretty clear on the details he saw and had reasonable time and distance with the BF in his high beams to see a few things.

Edited by BFSleuth

The (humorous) thought did occur to me that they were hunting.

Waiting for a human to stick his head out the window with a flash camera.

TM and yoga fanatics......plus open road cuts on mtn passes give you a good view of the night sky for a fast

cab ride from the heavens.... :o

Edited by bipedalist