BFSleuth

Colorado Sighting Of Two Bf In The Road

176 posts in this topic

Not sure if I should admit to this but... that was me that FB/FB interviewed.

....- He slowed and came to a stop within 20' of a BF, sitting down facing to the right with knees up and hands palm down extended forward, forming a pyramid shape.

Well, you saw what you saw. So was it a pyramid shape or a triangular setup.

Remember that triangle is the international sign of distress. Did the BF seem distressed? Any road hazards ahead?

What was the temperature during daylight hours at that time of the year? How about that evening when you had the sighting?

salubrious, thank you for your report! Actually, I've been cogitating on this one for some time. It is fascinating behavior, to say the least!

Other BF sitting in the middle of the road reports I've run across involved BF taking heat from the road just after sunset, eating roadkill or live frogs that were crossing the road, or a juvenile blocking the road as an apparent act of disobedience. Your report is unique, and a conundrum.

By the way, my previous post #13 has your sketch stretched horizontally to better match your stated dimensions. Does that look closer to the shape you saw?

Most of that is in the interview; best I can make out the time was about 9:30-10:PM. At the top of the Divide it probably got to 75 degrees that day. It was probably in the mid 50s (without a jacket you might think it was a bit cool...) when I went by. The BFs did seem distressed; *something* had them agitated.... There was nothing about the road that looked out of the ordinary other than themselves :) you might call *that* a road hazard... But OTOH if you or I were to try a stunt like that we might be pretty agitated too.

Your report is unique, and a conundrum. By the way, my previous post #13 has your sketch stretched horizontally to better match your stated dimensions. Does that look closer to the shape you saw?

Yes! and thanks for that.

I've been racking my brains for 22 years trying to sort out what they were up to.

Well after a sighting, most people are left with the brain-wracking for quite some time. Quite a fraternity/sorority you've become a member of for sure. I bet you wish you had a traditional roadside sighting like one doing a cartwheel across the road or jumping over the hood of your car or something like that, for sure.......

I'm trying to wrap my head around what they possibly could be doing but I'm at a loss.... was this your first and only sighting?

'Sighting'- yes.

For years I said nothing about this incident but recently I realized that the entire subject had been transformed by the internet. There was an event when I was a kid in North Carolina that stayed with me- I was camping with a group of kids (12-14 years); woke up about 3:AM and heard an unearthly scream not far away. I recently heard that sound again in one of the recordings I found on the web....

-And there was a rock clacking experience at a friend's cabin. At about 12:30 AM I heard rocks being clacked together outside the cabin window and down the hill. The cabin has no immediate neighbors in that direction- someone would have to have gone through considerable trouble to do that, especially as *close!* as they sounded. My girlfriend heard the sound too, and immediately was thinking 'Bigfoot!' as there really wasn't another explanation. This is in an area of Wisconsin that has had sightings only a couple of miles away.

So yes, one sighting so far....

Very interesting, as both NC and Wisconsin would be candidate places for sightings/activity for sure. The rock clacking, did you have nearby water there perhaps ...... were they river rocks do you suppose? I had one iffy incident in NC pre- personal sighting of my own, at the time the activity was in a creekbed and I could not discern if it was more rock clacking or more like rock rolling in the stream proper such as a raccoon might engage in..... to this date it was a not sure because of the vigorous nature of the rock rolling.

I hope if you have more sightings that they are a tad more traditional (whatever that is?) anyhow....

There is a large slow-moving, swampy river delta about 2 miles away. No creeks, but plenty of rocks to choose from.

salibrious - takes some guts to come out and tell people. I thank you for that!

salibrious - takes some guts to come out and tell people. I thank you for that!

With all due respect to you and the witness, we may want to discourage the idea that coming forward with a sighting requires extreme "guts" of some sort. We want reports to be as casual as possible, non-threatening. Just my quick two cents. I'll shut up now.

And with all respect to you Yet, I was trying to open up to a relatively new member about his/her sighting. Nothing more nothing less.

I must have drank the wrong water today.

Casual? Non-threatening? Exactly what do you mean? How was I either?

Perhaps salubrious can comment on that?

If those bigfoot were running away from something and shaking from fright, and as big as they were, I would sure hate to see what could scare them.

okay, two bigfoot, doing the same thing, at night on a road, separately....coincidence? Doubt it. If it was people,....Maybe I would guess some kind of competition, an endurance test, a rite of passage, a vision quest, or exercise with some kind of spiritual meaning....?

Perhaps salubrious can comment on that?

I've been quiet about this subject for a long time- long enough. I'm sure there are people that think I'm nuts, but what I have found is that I don't have to talk about BF for them to think that :) Recently I have been experimenting with how to bring BF into casual conversation.

If those bigfoot were running away from something and shaking from fright, and as big as they were, I would sure hate to see what could scare them.

I'm sure it was not fear.

okay, two bigfoot, doing the same thing, at night on a road, separately....coincidence? Doubt it. If it was people,....Maybe I would guess some kind of competition, an endurance test, a rite of passage, a vision quest, or exercise with some kind of spiritual meaning....?

Initially I had the feeling that it had to do with an injury; or that something was wrong (if seeing two BF on the road was not wrong enough). But I really didn't feel like getting out of the truck to investigate. That may have been a missed opportunity but OTOH I lived to tell about it too. One thing is sure in my mind anyway- they knew what they were doing. Whether they pulled it off or not in another matter.

What do you think they were doing?

Possibly something in the environment that we can't perceive? Someone mentioned earthquake or seismic activity, did anyone check to see if there was anything at all for the time and date? Bad storm moving in like a blizzard even though it was September? Manmade? What bases or mining facilities are around the area? That would be interesting to check out.

They could have gotten a hold of something intoxicating........

Edited by Jodie