Are You Scared

Guest SquatchinNY

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No :girlsmile: That doesnt mean I dont take some care out in the bush but I am aware of my intentions and I believe BF/Yowie are aware of peoples intentions too. I have been in a situation which one might call worrisome with a yowie and it was OK. My intentions are peaceful.

I think humans more worrysome.

Edited by Encounter

Yes, I am, I would prefer not to be alone when I see one. I don't know if I ever will or not, but I would rather be in a controlled situation with a group when it happens rather than sitting out on my deck alone.

Concept of running into one scares me a great deal, to be honest. Deep seated fear from childhood, having been a childhood believer. Having felt "the fear" in the woods, I rather don't want to experience that in conjunction with a sighting.Except that I kinda do. I have never truly determined whether the source of "the fear" was internal or external. Open to the idea of either, or both.

I don't know what that says about me. Maybe I am just a big chicken that got used to running the mountains with another person, never really being by myself deep in the woods...

I am curious about the report by many witnesses of having a deep feeling that is the opposite of fear associated with the sighting. So I wonder what a sighting - on their terms - would be like, esp. if one chooses not to fight "the fear." Or, if the approach is right, whether one might get a warm fuzzy rather than fear. I dunno.

I'm not and haven't been, although I reserve the right to change my mind at some future juncture! Like any large creature, sasquatch have the potential to do great bodily harm to us, however unlikely that may seem. I think Sasfooty is right on when she says, "when necessary".

Guest wild eyed willy

Being scared in the woods might be possible, but not of BF... It's the other large preditors that worry me. Bears some, but it is the mountain Lions that get my fight or flight cooking.

Yes, I am, but only to a degree. I'm a bit apprehensive around any large animal, especially a wild one that so little is known about.

What difference does it make if they know I'm peaceful if I don't know if they aren't?

Any large creature could inflict misery and pain on someone, especially if we don't know what to do while in their presence. You may get too close to a den, make a gesture that they find threatening or they may just be bad, like some people.

My opinion is that extreme caution - a healthy degree of fear - is only natural if ever in the presence of such a creature. Personally, I believe that anyone in their right mind should be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest wild eyed willy

Having never had so much as a wood knock while in the field, I don't feel any are around me, so I am not scared.. if that changes, I might take a different tone.

Guest BFSleuth

I'm absolutely not scared of an 800 lb 8' tall creature that can rip my head off like popping a pimple.

And that isn't fertilizer draining out of my pants.

The ones I have interacted with have given me no reason to fear them. I do however have a healthy respect for them. There is no coddling or gentle behavior for the small ones who mess up. Just a big hairy backhand dealt very swiftly.