Are You Scared

Guest SquatchinNY

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest alford anthony

I would have to say HELL YES! I saw my first BF documentry at a young age and have feared them from that day foreward.I guess we fear what we dont understand. In my introduction to the BFF I told stories of weird things that happened to me,my girlfriend and friends and several occasions.At that time I didnt think of BF. Then I had never heard of sightings of BF in central Illinois.I recently learned of BF ENCOUNTERS in central Illinois (sangamon county) the same cemetary where I now beleive we had BF encounters.I have also been an avid hunter from a very young child.I stated on another topic that I would shoot one if it were in my sights,but if the truth be known I would freeze up and if were to see me while in my sights I would prolly run ( NO BS - RUN) YEP SCARED If anyone is interested in the stories in ILLINOIS go to the BFRO then click on the state of Illinois on the map then go to Sangamon County. The stories are in Chatham,the Sugar Creek Covered Bridge and Cumberland Cemetary.The cemetary is where my stories are from and the other ones are from the end of last year.My stories happened 25 years ago,I repplied to an earlier topic on Cemetaries right here on the BFF. Thanks for readin my long winded replies !!! aa :o

Guest INorthCarolinaNow
I like being alone in the woods it's very comforting ;)

Me too. Not being alone in the woods, however...

Other people have made me more nervous than anything in the woods. I would much rather cross paths with a bear, or even a lion provided I see it first, than some of the people I've run across. Thankfully, those instances have very rarely occurred.

ETA: I didn't answer the poll. Theoretically, no I'm not scared, but in certain circumstances I'm sure I would be.

Edited by INorthCarolinaNow

• 1 month later...
Guest OntarioSquatch

Interesting topic. For me the short answer would be a no. I would gladly take my chance with any Sasquatch (ok maybe not any, lol).

I have lived for many weeks at my remote cabin alone each year, completely off grid and out of communication. I am simply not afraid of anything, however, after doing a few things to try and entice a bf to come for a visit, I let my campfire burn down and got into the loft to read. After the 3rd rock hit the side of the cabin, I was not only fearful, but petrified and would not move from the bed. I have no curtains and the cabin is lit by gas lamps which makes it a perfect place to watch from outside. For some reason, I fell asleep which is not what I expected I would do. The next day, I packed up and left early. When I went back, there were marks on the logs where the rocks made marks and I also found 3 rocks laying on the ground a few feet away from that wall.

If that happens again, my mind is now prepared for it, but at the time, it caught me completely off guard. My own reaction surprised me more than anything. UPs

Like Jodie said, I would prefer not to be alone if I were to encounter one (even though that's who it turned out the first time), as a group of friends would be a lot better. Despite people saying that they are shy and non dangerous, I can't help but think of how powerful gorillas and other apes are compared to use, and then multiplying that size by three. I don't want to imagine the injuries (If I were to survive) that would occur.

Guest WIWolfman

Yes. I honestly think that any of us who were alone in the wilderness would be scared, especially if the creature was in defense mode! That initial jolt of adrenaline and paralyzation would take over. I view the woods as a very mysterious place that gives me the creeps to some extent.

• 5 years later...
On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2012 at 8:02 PM, SquatchinNY said:

Simply, are you scared of bigfoot, or not.

Nope, reports from everywhere I go and dammit!  Haven't seen one yet and can't wait.

READ ENCOUNTER REPORTS.  Here is yet another reason.  They tell you, don't worry, hope you see one.

Yep.  

Even though mine could have torn me apart - and didn't - I fear their mass, stealth, strength, and speed.

• Upvote 1

Fear was probably not the optimal word to chose. I voted yes in that I fear anything that can potentially kill me. Does "fear" ever rise to a level where it impedes what I do and how I do it? It hasn't yet.  Am I afraid to go out in the woods? Oh my god no. I backpack and  hike alone most of the time.

I have a healthy respect for sasquatch and am ever aware and constantly monitoring my surroundings when in the woods.

How about a fourth choice?

Sometimes Yes, sometimes No.

Depending on the circumstances at the time.

I've had times when I was no more frightened as if a deer were there. Other times I fled like a T Rex was after me.

I know some members say they have seen one , I never have.

The reference I  can use if I would be scared  is a person I know that I believe has seen one very close up at night . He hit  it's face with the beam of a flashlight .

He told me he had never felt that kind of fear before . It didn't chase him or advance on him but he said the encounter  changed him for ever.