Missing 411

I'm in the process of reading the book, (about halfway through) and there definately is a bigfoot is involved undertone to the book. Though Paulides does not outright say so, anyone with half a brain can see this. It's a pretty good read actually , it's disturbing to read because alot of the missing are small kids. Anyone with kids, (me included) feels for these families. Once you start reading , you don't want to put it down. You start seeing patterns in the disappearances and it makes you wonder. Paulides has put some leg work into his research but some of his conclusions are objective and his own opinion which you can take it or leave it. Those of us who believe that bigfoot is a flesh and blood creature with a high intelligence, believe there would be a wide range of demeanors among the species. Just like with humans, I'm sure there are rogue individuals that are not of a gentle nature. Humans are easy pickings to an aggressive individual. Bottom line I give it a 7 out 10 rating, and a good addition to your bigfoot catalog.

I listened to David Paulides on Bigfoot Tonight on Blogtalk radio 3/19/12. I had never heard of him and I usually skip the first 5-7 minutes of these shows to get past the awful opening music and awkward hello's how's the weather crud. These stories he was telling were creepy and I actually stopped the show to make sure I was listening to the right show because I never heard the word Bigfoot. Who knows maybe these clusters are around where lay lines connect. WHO knows what goes on out there, I'm sure Bigfoot isn't the only thing that goes boo in the night.

Guest Jodie

The fairies got them. Try looking at the same situations in other areas, not just national parks and reserves. I think you will find the same creepy trend.

Guest Sean V

I don't think that its out of the realm of possibility to think that Sasquatch have killed people before. A lone hiker on a remote trail would be an easy meal for a creature that is old, sick or injured. Or perhaps a creature that has been shot at decides to take action when it encounters a person or persons in the woods near its territory.

For many years missing people weren't actively searched for, or even reported missing until they had been gone for a good while, could it be that one or more of them became a victim and/or meal for one of these creatures?

Now its is FAR more likely that they died from injury, exposure, attack by a known predator, venomous creature, or at the hands of another person. But these is always the chance, no mater how small, that one of these creatures was the culprit.

The book just scratches the surface of the subject. Paulides wrote that book would be too big to include all the reports, so he only included the more strange ones.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WIWolfman

There are a few sure fire ways to protect yourself from a sasquatch attack while in the great outdoors

1. Carry a camera at all times

2. Set game camera's around camp or picnic area

3. Carry a thermal imager

4. Carry a video recording device

Doing all of these things is ideal but even one will keep one 100% safe.

If Paulides does elude to the big guy abducting people I wonder if he thought to ask if they had done any of the 4 safety precautions?

No weapon?

Guest WIWolfman

I just got done reading this book and I honestly could not sleep if I read it before bedtime. Some of these stories are just heartbreaking and sad. From children being kidnapped, men being consumed, and bodies found beaten, it's gruesome... I think he (paulides) is really onto something here and these groups are covering up what they know it seems. Anyone else think we are being taken for a ride? The real truth could be just unbearable for some...

Guest BFSleuth

I've not had a chance to read the book. WiWolfman, in the reports that noted "bodies found beaten", is there indication of massive blunt force trauma... especially broken ribs and internal organ damage?

Guest WIWolfman

Well as far as the "physically beaten" aspect maybe I should clarify that Chiye, a lot of the the victims were found severely scratched, deeply bruised, and it had looked as if they were really tortured with some alive and some dead. Thats how I understood it on a lot of these clandestine cases. As far as broken ribs and organ damage, I can't say that I know that. The cases really don't go that into that much detail, unless for whatever reason it plays a major part in the case. That would be messed up though if that happens. These are the ones that are found let's not forget, I wonder what happens to the ones that are never found.

No weapon?

I've been following this BF thing for quite some time now and I'm relatively certain that a weapon is not needed to keep one safe in the woods from sasquatch. I am fairley certain that a camera, even a broken one with the lens and battery removed will keep anyone safe from a sasquatch attack. ;)

Guest WIWolfman

Bukwas - I hear ya. Yeah you just have to have some speculation I guess. I have heard good things about the squatches and bad things but I don't have much experience in the bush. After reading Missing 411 or listening to Native American fables you kind of get paranoid. I mean if something physically is kidnapping and killing people it just seems like the right to do because obviously (have protection) if sasquatch is behind these killings, you won't be able to beat him/her up. It would be reminscent of a rag doll I think. :)

Guest BFSleuth

The reason I was asking about the blunt force trauma to internal organs, broken ribs, etc. is because of sighting reports:

1. The hog hunter on the Sabine River - observed BF swat a 100 lb hog against a tree, then kill it by slamming its fists on it "like pounding a table top". The hunter heard bones breaking. It was over in a matter of seconds.

http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_report.asp?id=8547

2. The raccoon hunter that was knocked over by a BF in a cornfield as it was carrying a deer that was still alive while trying to escape the hound dogs. The BF dropped the deer. The hunters called the authorities, who put down the deer and gave the carcass to the hunters. When butchering it they found massive internal organ damage, bruising, and broken ribs and broken back.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=3385

Their method of killing big game isn't pretty, and involves massive injury by pounding on the victim, at least in these reports. I've also heard they will kill by twisting the neck, "sometimes to the point of decapitation".

• 2 weeks later...

BFSleuth....

I am about 2/3 the way through the western edition and so far, when a body is found (not many are found) the specific details of the injuries are not described in many of the cases. When they are described, the report will say something like deep scratches. I think many of these cases are still open and details such as injuries are not released. The author had a very difficult time getting any information from the NPS on some of the missing. This is just one of the strange aspects. The NPS claims they have no database that list the missing (in their parks) so if there is a pattern, they would be unaware of it. You can PM me if you have any specific questions about the book. For me, as a parent, an outdoorsman, and having been lost in the woods as a young teen, this book is hard to put down. UPs

Once I am done reading both books, I will comment further.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I'm gonna jump ahead and say many of these dissapearances are likely due to crazy Sasquatch. Think about it, how many people would survive a Sasquatch attack without an effective long range weapon? I'm thinking none...