Missing 411

I don't remember getting an email conformation, and my books arrived within a reasonable amount of time.

if your books aren't there within another week, I would contact the seller. Good luck, the books are interesting and informative.

For 411 books, I have only read the Western US edition, because I live in the west.

I thougth the stories were interesting because I have been to many of those National Parks and always am interested in the conditions/situations upon which people go missing..

Nonetheless, I doubt any BF connection.

I also bought and read the Tribal Bigfoot and the Hoopa Project books.

If you are looking for a 411 book, I would suggest a book that covers areas close to you, because you can visit the area and judge for yourself the environment.

If you are looking for BF books, I thought the Hoopa Project book was an eye opener because none of those BF cases were in the BFRO database (or others databases) and it gave the impression that for the Hoopa tribe it was common knowledge that BF lived in the forests nearby.

Nonetheless, the Hoopa Project and Tribal Bigfoot books are all about BF sightings in Northern CA and not about missing people.

How many Colorado missing? Any from 'Central Colorado'? I know of 2 new ones,(possible), one professor from Central Co, and that little kid who dissappeared on a church outing. 

I have all four of them and am currently about halfway through the last one.  Each of them is equally spine-tingling and baffling, in my opinion.  Having almost completed the entire series, I can't really recommend one over another. 

Ok, I'll paypal someone $23.00 for Western States 411, shipped. Then someone can pay me and we can keep going if someone wants to sell...and get these going.

Yea, thats the little kid, hes in a 411 book. Paulides lives right down the road from me, I think he has some kind of group going on or something.

There have been recent ones 80 miles South of where the little kid happened and one near Durango, that Paulides I think mentioned on Coast to Coast.

BTW, Coast is having a BF show tonight!!

• 1 year later...

Here is a recent case in the Adirondacks of NY in November 2015.  An 82 year-old experienced hunter separates from his hunting party and is never seen again. Everyone had a two-way radio and he had a shotgun. Not a shred of evidence of him or any of possessions have ever found. He, and all his evidence, vanished from the face of the earth.

http://www.northcountrypublicradio.org/news/story/30199/20151126/update-search-for-missing-hunter-suspended-for-thanksgiving

Admin

Sad story.

Here is the latest from May on it.

http://www.syracuse.com/state/index.ssf/2016/05/adirondacks_visitors_asked_to_look_for_signs_of_hunter_82_missing_since_november.html

Guessing he might have fallen in one of the marshes or ponds, since no trace was ever found.

• 2 weeks later...

No. Neither he, nor his remains, nor any bit of evidence, has ever been found.

The ponds around that area were thoroughly searched by divers, to no avail. There was a thorough grid search. An enormous number of feet on the ground as well as helicopters, thermal imagers, etc. There was no stone left unturned. I've spoken to search and rescue about the case.

Edited by wiiawiwb

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/22/2016 at 9:34 PM, wiiawiwb said:

Here is a recent case in the Adirondacks of NY in November 2015.  An 82 year-old experienced hunter separates from his hunting party and is never seen again. Everyone had a two-way radio and he had a shotgun. Not a shred of evidence of him or any of possessions have ever found. He, and all his evidence, vanished from the face of the earth.

http://www.northcountrypublicradio.org/news/story/30199/20151126/update-search-for-missing-hunter-suspended-for-thanksgiving

By the way, I should have mentioned this case in the most recent Paulides book,  Missing 411- Hunters.

I was fascinated with the Missing 411 Hunters book. One would think hunters would be the last to go missing because they all had weapons/firearms and could protect themselves.

He makes an observation that I found jaw dropping. If I'm not mistaken, he has never found a case where a person went missing who had both a firearm and a transponder.  For years, I've carried both when in the woods (and still do), particularly when backpacking.  So, if you're worried by the missing cases when you're out in the woods alone, don't leave your PLB at home.

3 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

I was fascinated with the Missing 411 Hunters book. One would think hunters would be the last to go missing because they all had weapons/firearms and could protect themselves.

"One would think", yeah, but my experiences changed my mind about that.  What we think should happen doesn't matter, empirical evidence trumps theory every time: something out there manages to force a sort of mental stupor.   You won't even know it 'til hours, maybe days after it ends.   Most likely if you get a hint of it, you'll be so terrified of what happened that you'll go into denial.   It's what people do.  

Yeah, go ahead and laugh if you want.    Most folks do.   Come back and talk to me afterwards.  

MIB

• Upvote 1

No laughing from me, MIB .  What do you surmise/speculate could be happening that would cause the mental stupor?