Missing 411

I think it is pretty clear he thinks there is a connection but he is not going to say that in the book. Many of you are right in saying that he probably wouldn't have been able to get the info if he went in saying "Hey I think your kid was kidnapped by a BF" He probably wants us in the BF community to think about them and consider the possibility.

I think Paulides research is pretty good. However, I have a hard time with some of the conclusions he draws from the data. It is worth taking a look at even if you don't agree with his theories.

I just listened to some of his interview with Jeff Rense on his Youtube channel, and I have to say the information that he provides is very compelling, regardless of whether all the missing persons were grabbed by bigfoot or not.

• Geographical clusters of missing persons in specific wilderness areas - many of them being of similar age or sex over a period of years.
  • People disappearing just a few feet away from the groups they were travelling with, after stepping around a bend or over a hill, never to be seen again.
  • Paulides had to file a Freedom of Information Act to try and get a list of all missing people in the National Park system, but was stonewalled repeatedly. He was a one point told there was no such master list kept, and then was later told it would cost him $35 000 to get a list for Yosemite alone. Then he was told it would cost him $1.4 million to get a master list of all the missing persons in the whole park system.
  • Dogs in search parties in these cases just stop in their tracks not willing to go any further.

I've always suspected that one of the reasons sasquatch has been so elusive is because a certain percentage of people who encounter it in the woods never made it back to tell the tale. They are wild animals, and we don't always fare that well when we wander into the territory of large predatory animals. Or even herbivores for that matter - Youtube is full of videos of people being attacked and stomped by deer of all things.

Reminds me of two of my favorite creepy stories of people going missing in the wilderness:

The skier in 1963 who disappeared in Ape Canyon, WA leaving only tracks in the snow that appeared to indicate an insanely reckless out of control plunge down the slopes and jumping over crevasses, as if he were desperately trying to escape something pursuing him.

The 1959 Dyatov Pass Incident in the Ural mountains - in which a group of experienced cross country skiers failed to reach their destination, and eventually their bodies were found over a kilometer from their tent, from which they had hastily cut-their-way-out-of in the middle of the night and ran off in their underwear, some of them to freeze to death while others were found battered and dead at the bottom of a ravine, one missing her tongue.

Edited by RavenBC

At a minimum, Paulides research suggests the presence of selective predators in various locations of our national park system. It may be that they are human. It may be that they are known predatory species. They may be bigfoot.

My money's on all of the above.

Personally, I've been stalked by humans and I've been stalked by bigfoot. The human stalking was creepier.

BFF Patron

If Paulides thesis about patterned disappearances in the US National Park system is correct, then I would assume that some of the more primitive, inaccessible areas such as those around The Thorofare trail in Yellowstone should have more associations with disappearances I should think.

http://www.yellowsto.../hikinglake.htm

Edited by bipedalist

I'll eventually get the book, and read it, first.. before coming to any conclusions on what Paulides is trying to get at. I am interested in hearing any well written theories or explanations, on why people go missing in the wilderness. The author's style kept me reading, in his two previous books.

I know why one person could have gone missing... with no sinister humans, hungry animals or hominids involved. Just a couple errors of preparation and judgement , in combination... is all it takes.

From the Examiner.com book review:

"The book tries not to offer reasons or how these people vanished but evidence putting together a peculiar puzzle of how it happened. No one knows what happened to these people. Some would speculate common facts like kidnappers etc but as you read more and more into the book you begin to wonder if its something supernatural or even weird. But David never goes into this on his radio appearances or in the book in honor of the families who are having to go through these tragedies.

Because this is about the missing people and to turn into a circus side show of speculation of strange stories would be a dishonor to the people missing and the emotions of their loved ones and families. After speaking to David myself on the phone and asking him what he thinked happened. He explained this to me and I found it honorable that he would not divulge that information publically in respect of those going through the ordeals of losing loved ones in such peculiar unexplained ways."

Seems anyone who does get their hands on this book won't be rewarded with a "Bigfoot took those people!" revelation. Paulides does promise "some general overall conclusions" in the second book, which details disappearances in the eastern half of the country.

Also, Slim's post above (#10) jives with some things I've been hearing. Hopefully Dr. K's report comes out soon to clear things up.

Edited by Bonehead74

BFF Patron

Well there is some disconnect then between the examiner.com review and the rense show vid. interview with Paulides of about 14 minutes capsulized on youtube........

On first inclination the book seems a bit absurd but being curious I looked into 2 disappearances in Colorado. 2005 and 2010, both persons vanished without a trace.

Strangely enough within 5 miles of where both of them disappeared there are 2 reports indicating stalking and/or aggressive Bigfoot behavior.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=1251

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=7036

One of my clients related an account of being charged by a screaming Sasquatch on the Alberta BC border area of the Wapiti River. It only turned after he fired 3 wild shots at it with a high powered rifle. He was a teenager at the time and I could tell that even years later he was still traumatized. I also have a doctor friend in California that lost a step son who was eaten completely right in his small campsite. There was also a ripped up Coyote at the scene and this Doctor to this day said there was something not right about this incident that was blamed on a bear. I don't think anyone should investigate Sasquatch without taking some precautions.

A non- BF related Missing 411 site: The CanAm Project

http://www.canammiss...age/8396197.htm

Edit to add: If Missing 411 is not in some way BF related, why not sell the book through this site rather than the NABS site? <shrug>

Mods, I am going to make an identical post in the current missing persons thread, since it is very related. in fact, this link is probably more fitting in the context of that thread.

Edited by notgiganto

Admin

Just a couple errors of preparation and judgement , in combination... is all it takes.

Or a little bit of bad luck.

I may have told this story on here at some point, so forgive if you have already heard it. I had a manager who transferred from VA to CO with the company. He was an avid outdoorsman and hike/runner. Probably about a year after the transfer, I heard from my former co-workers (I had changed jobs in the meantime) that the manager had died in an accident in CO. He was out hiking and simply disappeared. After a considerable search effort, his body was found on the mountainside (I think by an aircraft), but was in such a situation that it could not be recovered without significant risk and danger to a rescue crew. His body was left there. The authorities are not sure of the cause of the accident. Could have been a slip, vertigo, or some other relatively benign incident that turned deadly in that particular situation. The point is, had he not been found, and it was kind of lucky that he was, he would have been just one more missing person to wonder about. At least the family got a bit of closure in this instance, which is not true in far too many cases.

Update: Yep, posted it on the missing hikers thread...post #9.

Edited by VAfooter

Guest gerrykleier

One of my clients related an account of being charged by a screaming Sasquatch on the Alberta BC border area of the Wapiti River. It only turned after he fired 3 wild shots at it with a high powered rifle. He was a teenager at the time and I could tell that even years later he was still traumatized. I also have a doctor friend in California that lost a step son who was eaten completely right in his small campsite. There was also a ripped up Coyote at the scene and this Doctor to this day said there was something not right about this incident that was blamed on a bear. I don't think anyone should investigate Sasquatch without taking some precautions.

Where and when did this incident take place-the California one?

GK

The Doctor lives in Riverside. I don't remember counties but I did research sightings and there was activity in the area according to the BFRO database. This Doctor works for the same collector that bought some of Bill Munns re-creations. It was a sad story as it was the second of 2 sons his ex wife lost.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Cipote10

I caught David Paulides on Coast to Coast AM a few days ago.

They covered several cases that are nothing less than chilling. While I haven't read his new books, the host - George Knapp - made it clear that Paulides does not blame these disappearances on Bigfoot (or anybody, for that matter), but rather exposes the evidence, such as people going missing, their clothes being found miles away with no signs of tear (sometimes pants are pull down without the buckle being undone), toddlers going missing in the blink of an eye, and found days later miles away from where disappeared from.

Needles to say, I'm looking forward to reading this book...