What Will It Take To Prove There Is No Such Thing As Bf?

Terry

I thought we were here to prove the existence of Bigfoot.... Not the non existence.... What did I miss? One of you hiding a body in your meat locker? .010/100, & that's being nice

Guest BFSleuth

Well, not everyone on this site is trying to prove the existence of BF. :)

The OP proposed the question of whether it was possible to disprove the existence of BF. I think we have had a number of posts that have already noted that proving the null hypothesis isn't really possible.

In theory you could prove he did not exist if/when every square inch of earth from the top of Mt. Everest to the bottom of the Marianas Trench had been explored and some how crossed off so bigfoot wouldn't be playing a shell game by moving around.

In theory you could prove he did not exist if/when every square inch of earth from the top of Mt. Everest to the bottom of the Marianas Trench had been explored and some how crossed off so bigfoot wouldn't be playing a shell game by moving around.

Or we could make it a bit easier. Prove that Bigfoot doesn't exist in the USA, or better yet, the states of Washington, Oregon, & California.

I think being skeptical of something is a very good thing and can be protection for us in many ways. Most folks have a lot of this built into us and the thought of something like Bigfoot dwelling in our forested areas is just way too far out of the box for us to accept. For me, having a cinder block sized object thrown to within 10 feet of my son and I, from a brushline over 100 feet away, really rocked my sense of logic and reason. It happened after midnight while fishing along a remote north Texas creek with no else around.

I knew I wasn't imagining these large drops of water raining down on us and the object didn't float. I also knew this was not something easily performed by any human or animal I was familiar with. We left the area in short order very bewildered!

My journey and quest began for answers back then in 2003. I was very skeptical of the Bigfoot websites and conferences at first, thinking they might be a rehashed Doctor Feelgood medicine show or something. Over time, I began findings answers through my own field research and networking with a small knowledgable group. Over time, I experienced some truly amazing and incredible experiences associated with the Bigfoot phenomenon.

At some point, my desire to prove or debate their reality to others was lost. I don't really care anymore. My pleasure comes from watching and interacting with these truly amazing creatures that are easily overlooked by others. A position they work really hard at and are very good at keeping it that way.

If you are skeptical don't believe, no harm done....that is unless you by sheer chance, you happen stumble onto a large hulking figure that goes bump in the night!.... I then hope you can find help to keep your reason and sanity fully in check.

• Upvote 1

Guest BFSleuth

Brilliant post, MO. I think this is the first I've heard of your initial experience, with the rock throwing. Quite a journey from that first interaction to where you have traveled now. How old was your son when you had the rock throwing experience, and has he also followed with you on your journey?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest flycatch

If people searched for these creatures for 50 years and found nothing . If we lived in a technologically advanced era where people have devices which can shoot photos / record video but we have no photo/video. If we lived in an era of automobiles and we had no dead bigfoot roadkills. If we lived in an era of surveillance camera overkill but have not captured one on camera. If trail camera technology existed and were deployed throughout America but nothing was captured. That would all be pretty convincing that it did not exist.

I'm in total agreement.

Guest MikeG

The contrast in the contributions of Midnight Owl, Bipedal Ape and Flycatch in only 3 posts sums up the wonder of the BFF and of the subject matter.

In the classic words of Mark Knopfler......... "one of them must be wrong". When will we all know which one?.........Well, that's a very different question.

Mike

Terry,

I know you are a retired forest ranger because you stated that somewhere here and my question is, have you been in the woods lately? If not, why? Just curious?

Thanks

I'm trying to post a url of what is thought to be a white BF...hope this works

<p><object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="

Guest OntarioSquatch

Hard to prove the non-existence of anything. Would it be possible? Personally I would be able to accept the fact bigfoot don't exist, but with the thousands of known sightings + unspoken sightings, I think it would be difficult at this point to prove there is no such thing.

• masterbarber locked this topic