Separating Fact From Fiction With Bigfoot

Guest Lesmore

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2011 at 0:01 AM, Guest Lesmore said:

How does one effectively separate fact from fiction...when it comes to establishing, what is real and what is not real...about Bigfoot?

1.  Read the scientific proponents' work; they lay the groundwork for considering this an animal, probably (but not certainly) not in the genus Homo.  I'd particularly recommend Meldrum's book; John Bindernagel's two books; and J. Robert Alley's Raincoast Sasquatch.  I haven't really read Krantz's books, but two articles of his I've kept; they're classics of scientific inquiry.

2.  Do your own research.  Any site you find that collects reports, read all of them.  Look for consistencies; behaviors; and outliers that indicate the issues one will always have with witness testimony.  All I can say about this is that by the time I got to 1. above, I'd already come to the same conclusions as those guys.  So I might suggest doing what I did:  do your own research first with reports, and then pick up the proponents.  If you need someone to persuade you first, though, go 1., then 2.