2 Types Of Bigfoot-Like Creatures?

Guest Kronprinz Adam

This sighting witness interview by Snowwalkerprime on Youtube is interesting. He has an opinion, at the end, that is relevant to this thread. Wait for it.

Edited by Kings Canyon

Nature, if we learn nothing else, will ALWAYS find a way!

Yeah, the chromosomes don't match up, at least to our understanding, but it's apparent to me that nature can find a way around that when it needs.

Infertility is the most likely out come for a hybrid but this does not mean sterility. After all, at some point the 46 chromosome condition evolved in the human lineage from the 48 chromosome condition. That means that at some point there was a 47 chromosome individual. This individual may have had fewer offspring than its neighbors but obviously must have passed the condition on to a few offspring. As the condition spread through a population (probably a very small population) the individuals with 47 chromosomes may have come into contact more frequently and produced offspring with 46 chromosomes. These individuals would have had no fertility problems and would have reproduced in greater numbers thereby increasing the frequency of the condition in the population. Eventually, a preference for mates with 46 chromosomes could have developed either culturally or genetically. As the population succeeded and grew it may have eliminated other neighboring populations making the world a safer place for their particular chromosomal condition by reducing the potential for hybridising with populations that had 48 chromosomes. The 46 chromosome males may have aggressively raped 48 chromosome females thereby rendering their offspring infertile and reducing their ability to expand their population levels. This is a standard practice for humans throughout history only now we all have the 46 chromsome condition. If bigfoot has 46 chromsomes then hybridisation is probably not too unusual and would also indicate that bigfoot and man evolved after the condition arose. If bigfoot has 48 chromosomes then hybridisation is unlikely to be more than insignificant and they likely diverged from us before the 46 chromosome condition evolved in our line.

As far as two types of bigfoot, I think we're really looking at just regional variations and frequencies. Some reports that I've read mention black and auburn individuals in the same encounters. If they were separate species then they would be less likely to hang out together I suspect. Different colors, nose shapes, sizes all fall into a range of variation within a population that is large and spread out.

The wild horse is not a progenitor species even by his dubious definition. It is not compatible with any of the horses except the domesticated horse to which it is an ancestor. The mane and stripes on wild horses are features of the heredity. All modern horses are descended from an animal that resembles the modern zebras in having stripes and a brush like mane. Almost all wild horses have stripes on their legs and many domesticated ones do as well. Hybrids of these animals will also sport stripes and often will have more than their parent species do. I do not think this writer knows what he's talking about.

Bigfoot may well be closely related to humans. This does not mean we will reproduce effectively with them. The neanderthal DNA we have in our genome is only a very small amount of DNA which suggests that we were not really compatible with them. And they looked more like us than any BF does.

I submit, if we can get a large enough, diversified database together from coding BFRO Reports

there are ways, statistically, of identifying separate groups from characteristics in those reports.

Guest BFSleuth

There are a number of possibilities that can be gleaned by creating a diversified database as you suggest. If you look right now in the Sightings/BFRO forum area you will notice that members of this forum are actively coding the database right now. It's a lot of work and will probably take a year or more. Once completed it will become an invaluable tool for research. Many thanks to gigantor for his tireless work

Interesting, personally I think that there is a possibility that there could be two different species in North America. But I also think that there is a possibility that some sightings could be escaped apes. Back when I was looking at eyewitness drawing done by the Bigfoot Sketch Project at thepaintedcave.com/ I saw some very interesting sketches. For instance picture 14 when I looked at the face It sort of resembled an Adult male Orangutan and picture 11 looks slightly more gorilla-like.

I think that there are at least three types of creatures, based upon the sightings in the southern and southwest regions. I tend to classify them like a friend of mine does.

1. Ugly

2. Very Ugly

3. Monsters

The ugly ones look like a big monkey without a tail.

The very ugly ones seem to be snouted, like a baboon....hence the dog man/werewolf reports.

The monsters are just that......they are so ugly nothing describes them better.

Guest cbehnke

I always thought that one possible explanation is that there are humans in the wild with hypertrichosis (a condition where you have hair ALL OVER your body...it's bizarre, google it). Perhaps some people with the condition were seen as defective/evil/bad omens and were cast out of their clans/tribes a very long time ago and they have existed outside of organized society ever since. If there are just a small number of them they might mate with others that have the condition and and they keep passing the condition on to their young. Just a thought.

There are a lot of people today with hypertrichosis and when you see their photos, you can easily see how they could be seen as squatch. It does not however explain the height, weight, and muscularity often reported of sightings.