Olympic Project Photos

Guest OntarioSquatch

I have been playing around with the pictures Derek, and the only thing different from the artists rendition, is I do believe its mouth is open, and if you work with contrast and shading, you can get a pretty clear look at some uneven, nasty looking teeth. Also the gap between the mouth and nose is bigger than on a person. I will send you some modified copies if you like, but its just basic playing with contrast and stuff.

Actually, here is an example.

post-3077-0-15502400-1335550277.jpg

Guest MJ151

That does look like teeth with the upper lip pulled back. That might be snapped just before it was leaning in to slobber on the camera thus also causing the image to blur. Either set, the original or this set could be correct, it's up to interpretation.

I think people are just seeing what they want to see, I don't see anything that couldnt be debunked by even a lazy skeptic. Grats on the dna though, that should be the goods for sure. thumb.gif

It makes me wonder why. Have you guys discussed that Derek? Did someone spill something on the camera? Did they have KFC chicken grease on their hands? Some sticky smores mess from the campfire? I wonder what prompted this critter to lick, and mouth the camera? Was the camera stored in a pack with some food in transport? You may have stumbled on to something that might be repeated.

Edited by JohnC

I do think the paper has the potential of opening up many more doors and raising awareness about this species. My fingers are surely crossed. DR

Ahhhhh, I dont' want to take the bait but I'm gonna. What kinds of doors will it open? And all the smiley faces back and forth about the saliva results is also tempting. What would be implied if they were all frowns??? :tomato:

Bannanasquatch, I wasn't trying to bait you :D All I'm saying is I hope the study is well received, and I think it has the potential of raising awareness. Unfortunately We have no control over anything with the study, we just turned in a bunch of samples and we are hoping for the best. I've been told the results are fantastic, but that's all I can say. I am under an NDA so I can't speak to the results directly. Honestly, you wouldn't want me to, I'm a dirt worker and back country guide. This stuff is so far over my head it's not even funny! I'd just screw it up, especially with all the smart people on this forum. I've learned here that I must choose my words wisely.

Parn, yes I'll be there. I'm speaking on Sunday following Meldrum. Are you coming?

Bannanasquatch, I wasn't trying to bait you :D All I'm saying is I hope the study is well received, and I think it has the potential of raising awareness. Unfortunately We have no control over anything with the study, we just turned in a bunch of samples and we are hoping for the best. I've been told the results are fantastic, but that's all I can say. I am under an NDA so I can't speak to the results directly. Honestly, you wouldn't want me to, I'm a dirt worker and back country guide. This stuff is so far over my head it's not even funny! I'd just screw it up, especially with all the smart people on this forum. I've learned here that I must choose my words wisely. Parn, yes I'll be there. I'm speaking on Sunday following Meldrum. Are you coming?

Thanks DF...I really only "baited" myself, ya know.

I'll see you at the conference!

Did you catch anything? :D

Not yet but hey, I can always try a champion cast at the conference. I should put on my best lure.... :scare:

OntarioSquatch...not sure who you speak of...me or Derekfoot? Cuz this gal came up empty handed!!! Hahaha

Hey, while we are off the subject, does anyone know if the audio from the speakers at the conference will be available anywhere?

BFF Patron

Usually someone captures the market on a dvd and it could be that there are restrictions on rights (esp. with celebs there remember). I know that Rhettman Mullis (bigfootology.com) has videoed some other conferences in the past and posted them up on youtube.

Edited by bipedalist