What About Bf That Totally Gets To You?

georgerm

Well it's more than passive fascination for me. When I saw how seriously researchers were looking for BF, and spending loads of their own money doing it, it sparked an interest as to why, along with the nagging question , "why isn't this proven yet?" My appetite for challenge took over, and hey, what a great hobby to get you outdoors. Perhaps the answer is in their elusiveness for me.

It's the stealth and silence, in situations where I think it is rather impossible to do so. Maybe this is something humans have just lost, or are out of touch with, evolving into communities, towns and cities..where it just isn't needed anymore. Other reports I read, have it stomping around and shaking trees like a huge monster (maybe a male territorial reaction ?). It must greatly depend on the situation, is all I can guess. That's what kind of gets to me, along with this mystery compounding Many more questions in my head, than ever offering up.. a few solid answers.

I didn't get involved with the BF phenomenon until just a few years ago, doing internet searches after watching some of the BF shows. I discovered the BFRO web site, then read a report that sounded awfully familiar. Turns out it was my older brother's sighting and I was on the camping trip (I heard the commotion but chalked it up to the older kids trying to scare the younger kids)! I then talked to my brother about it and that's what got me going. Since then I've had the opportunity to talk with some eyewitnesses and there is no doubt in my mind BF is real.

What happened on the camping trip?

Well it's more than passive fascination for me. When I saw how seriously researchers were looking for BF, and spending loads of their own money doing it, it sparked an interest as to why, along with the nagging question , "why isn't this proven yet?" My appetite for challenge took over, and hey, what a great hobby to get you outdoors. Perhaps the answer is in their elusiveness for me.

The hobby part is key to my interest in BF. BF get me out camping.

It's the stealth and silence, in situations where I think it is rather impossible to do so. Maybe this is something humans have just lost, or are out of touch with, evolving into communities, towns and cities..where it just isn't needed anymore.

Your human ancestors definitely had these skills. The fact that you are here is proof of that. They are not entirely lost though.

Guest BFSleuth

I didn't get involved with the BF phenomenon until just a few years ago, doing internet searches after watching some of the BF shows. I discovered the BFRO web site, then read a report that sounded awfully familiar. Turns out it was my older brother's sighting and I was on the camping trip (I heard the commotion but chalked it up to the older kids trying to scare the younger kids)! I then talked to my brother about it and that's what got me going. Since then I've had the opportunity to talk with some eyewitnesses and there is no doubt in my mind BF is real.

What happened on the camping trip?

My report is here:

Guest thermalman

For me, it's the only crypto mystery that I feel is one 100% believable because of the many thousands of sightings. Which many, are still happening today on a consistent basis. A class A sighting is definitely on my bucket list.

Someone asked me a few years ago if I believed in them. I had never really given it much thought. Then one day I decided to Google "Bigfoot". From that day until now I read everything I can find about them. I have been reading the BFF for a long time now and just decided to join so that I can continue to keep up after the famous DNA paper comes out (assuming it ever does-which I believe it will but that's another thread!) What would I do if I came to the BFF and due to the increased interest, I couldn't read the posts! That would be devastating to me! I had to join!

I am not sure why I have this craving to know....Maybe just the mystery of it? The thought of a society of intelligent beings living among us is just fascinating! So fascinating that even those scientific minded folks who base everything on concrete facts and evidence are drawn here everyday to continue to discuss it...even though they don't believe it exists!

Whatever "It" is about bigfoot....I am hooked. They talk about folks that have drank the Ketchum kool aid? Well, I guess I have drank the Sasquatch kool aid...and I am addicted to it! Before you know it, I will be asking for a Thermal Imager for Christmas.

Nice post!

Your human ancestors definitely had these skills. The fact that you are here is proof of that. They are not entirely lost though.

I'm sure my human ancestors had skills for much better forest stealth, and pretty sure your's did also.. lol. I know there are both highly trained individuals and probably indigenous hunting tribal peoples left, that still have great skills.

That said.. I believe we are dealing with something capable of much more. Just how much more.. I've only had a glimpse of, and could only speculate from that point on.

Guest hoosiersquatch

My background is in Ethology, (animal behavior) I have worked a great deal with wolves. I spent a great deal of time trying to analyze BF behavior when it finally sunk in that I couldn't do that here. These are not animals that react to a situation based on auto responses generated from deep levels of DNA. These are thinking, feeling animals just like us. They seem to have a community and a language of their own. The more you learn the more absorbing it gets. Completely amazing.

This is a good topic that comes up every so often. For me, I just have to know what the truth is behind the mystery, whether it's bf, or some other unexplained phenomena. What made the wood knock, left the track, threw the rocks, screamed, etc. I just cannot gloss over it with a maybe and just need to know. This is one of many mysteries that really bother me. To put it simply, I just need to know for certain.

If bf does exist, it would explain the sightings, tracks, and much of the non hoaxed sign in the forests. If it does not exist, to me, that would probably be even more bizarre. This mystery boils down to either an undiscovered animal or mass hallucination and either is fascinating to me (one much more likely than the other, IMO). UPs

I know there are both highly trained individuals and probably indigenous hunting tribal peoples left, that still have great skills.

That said.. I believe we are dealing with something capable of much more. Just how much more.. I've only had a glimpse of, and could only speculate from that point on.

The Tracker School teaches some of these skills. But in that regard I think you are right- in terms of survival 'training' I think there is a lot BF could 'teach' us. What I am really curious about though is those other 'capabilities'.

I just want to see one or even a track. Been interested for as long as I can remember, and though I landed on these forums accidentally while looking for updates on the state of Bigfootery, after putting the interest on the backburner for a decade, it has been the back and forth between members that keeps me reading and coming back. Nothing really new or earth shattering has happened over the years, and if anything the forums have forced me back up onto the fence, which was not what I expacted, but hey, what could be cooler than Sasquatch being the real deal!

• 5 years later...
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2012 at 10:58 PM, georgerm said:

Why does BF get us so interested that we spend hours writing and discussing this topic? What's the big deal?

If you're a bigfoot skeptic there may honestly be something wrong with you.  No evidence backs you up; in fact you keep saying you can't prove a negative, which you aren't being asked to do, but which also means you have zero case.  And you have nothing really to contribute to the discussion either; you probably wind up on my Ignore list as soon as I find out that your grasp on facts is pretty loose, and the cues you take from your very own life pretty nonexistent, when it comes to this.  (When you dispute facts with me.  That especially.)

If you have been interested in animals and the outdoors your whole life, and your entire approach to life is a scientist's and philosopher's approach...this is a true scientific frontier with no end of fascination.  Think about it:  the world's largest primate inhabits North America, and you are one of few who flat *know* that.  That isn't beyond way cool?  It is, and I wish more could experience it.  But in science you gotta do work that most are demonstrably unwilling to do to get where the scientific proponents are on this. Then they belittle the very kind of people they trust for pretty much everything they know.  (And of course they don't "know" the vast majority of it; they've been told.) That's weird.  Glad it's not me.

Edited by DWA

10 hours ago, DWA said:

in fact you keep saying you can't prove a negative, which you aren't being asked to do

Not true, and you know it. You are demanding the impossible. The logically impossible. You demand that skeptics prove every single bigfoot anecdote to be false. That is not possible. It is no more possible than proving one true (note that proving bigfoot exists is not the same as proving any one anecdote to be true). Anecdotes are unfalsifiable. Therefore no one could ever prove, or disprove, a single one of them. That you demand something that is impossible of people either underscores your lack of understanding, or highlights your deliberate attempts to obfuscate. Perhaps a bit of both, who knows?

Guest OntarioSquatch

1) The lack of a type specimen isn't enough to properly rule out their existence, especially when we already have every other type of evidence imaginable.

2) By holding the belief that they don't exist, you're undermining the argument that you can't make a determination of every report, as the belief automatically creates an interpretation for every report being false. There's no way to get around this. Vice versa; if you believe reports aren't falsifiable, then you're undermining the argument that they don't exist.

For determining that they do exist, "you don't need half, you don't need 1%, you just need one (real one)" - Grover Krantz

Edited by OntarioSquatch

• masterbarber locked this topic