Bigfoot Experts

Guest drtracr

Guest drtracr

Was just reading an article about Monneymaker and his team of "Bigfoot Experts". How can they be called "Experts" if they havenever captured any hard evidence? What seperates them from the rest of us that search for BF? An expert is someone that has accomplised the task at hand and there are none.

JM

SSR Team

Who called them " experts " ?

Guest poignant

Leading or experienced researcher maybe. But not expert - not until we have written dissertations on sasquatch parasympathetic systems or skeletal muscle innervation. And the such.

Leading or experienced researcher maybe. But not expert - not until we have written dissertations on sasquatch parasympathetic systems or skeletal muscle innervation. And the such.

Right now that's not necessary know that stuff to be an expert on account of no-one (to my knowledge anyway) has gotten that far with BF. So an 'expert' (for the time being) is one who knows the behaviors, habitat and possesses the physical skills needed to have an encounter on a repeatable basis and also stay alive. Maybe with photographic evidence?

One of those IMO is timbergiantbigfoot on YT. From what I have seen of the Finding Bigfoot team, they seem to lack in that department- although they seem to know a lot about the creature, they seem to be ignorant of tracking and movement as well as the decorum required. Its the latter quality that may be the most important IMO...

Guest poignant

Timbergiantbigfoot and Snow walker prime come close, but I'm still looking for the perfect YT researcher who is good at tracking, rational, has good equipment, is video software savvy, posts often, and doesn't use infantile creepy images and music and/or crappy fonts in the video.

Should just start another thread on what makes a good field videographer (a subset of the field researcher).

Edited by poignant

Guest BFSleuth

Should just start another thread on what makes a good field videographer (a subset of the field researcher).

Amen to that! Maybe start the thread in the Film/Video/Audio forum. If it becomes a good reference source then we can consider pinning it.

Guest JiggyPotamus

I think an "expert" at this point would be someone who has had multiple chances to observe sasquatch behavior for more than 2 seconds. Even if someone had 50 sightings, if they only lasted 5 seconds, I wouldn't call that person an expert. But someone who has spent time observing sasquatch, especially when they are unaware of the person's presence, is someone I would probably call an expert. As long as they were able to make inferences about what they were seeing, and their interpretations weren't affected by extreme imagination, as some people are prone to exaggerate...So they must be level-headed as well.

Personally, I would not give the title "expert" to anyone who charges other people money just for a chance to be around them. They hardly find a sasquatch when they go on these "expeditions," which also gives me doubts about their abilities to predict sasquatch behavior and movement...I figure an expert would have some idea as to where they could find sasquatch repeatedly. If I knew where multiple habituation sites were, you wouldn't find me anywhere else...I would spend lots of time there, because I would KNOW where the bigfoot are. There are just things like that that make me question just how skilled these guys are. I would say they are not experts. Joe Blow from the Sticks is probably the greatest expert in North America, who just doesn't put his evidence up on the internet. But I think a true expert would share their findings, as to disseminate information. This "hiding" or "holding" evidence contributes to the "me" mindset of those who study sasquatch. That barrier will have to be broken if we wish to proceed as true "researchers," and I have a feeling that this will not happen until real scientists get involved in field work...

Guest OntarioSquatch

I guess you could say doctor Ketchum is a bigfoot dna "expert".

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Guest Darrell

The problem with most of the modern, or internet era, of this field is that anyone with a website, podcast, You Tube page, or organization is now an "expert" not withstanding any actual expertise in anything. In any other field of study one would have to have many years of training and experience before being an "expert" but there is really no scientific substance in bigfoot or sasquatch research so now there are many experts.

I guess you could say doctor Ketchum is a bigfoot dna "expert".

The BBB might argue the point she is a people DNA expert.

Guest BFSleuth

The BBB might argue the point she is a people DNA expert.

I read through the BBB reports regarding Dr. Ketchum's lab. There were a spate of complaints for very slow lab reports for animal tests in 2010, then another similar complaint early this year. Nothing in regard to inaccurate or disputed reports.

Timbergiantbigfoot and Snow walker prime come close, but I'm still looking for the perfect YT researcher who is good at tracking, rational, has good equipment, is video software savvy, posts often, and doesn't use infantile creepy images and music and/or crappy fonts in the video.

I can do that, I do reviews of technology in my off time.

Guest toejam

Nobody's an expert, period. It's all speculation. All you can really do is put yourself in an area that yields activity and hope they approach or give you some acknowledgment.

If you have a good area of activity and persist, you'll probably gain more incidents than most. It's always on their terms and it's all guesswork. Right time, right place, that's it.

Guest thermalman

Of course! Why didn't I think of that? Duh...... LOL

Ex=Former, Spurt= A drip under pressure.

But seriously I would venture that the only true "experts" are people we will never even know about. Joe Blow living 4th generation in his old Airstream in the middle of nowhere. Who sits out in front in the evening in his tattered lawn chair, sipping his home brew and cursing the "Dang Soosquatch's" that keep pilfering his plum trees, swiping his chickens and unscrewing or rock-plinking his porchlight with the regularity of Saturday night bingo. I firmly believe these people are out there and that they could care less about us or anyone else knowing about the Shenanigans. The local Sasquatch have actually "habituated" him...not the other way around.

Edited by Tautriadelta

Guest Lone Squatcher

OK, what about cryptozoologists?

Are they to be concidered experts?

Is there even any formal education one must have in order to call him or herself a crypyozoologist, or can anyone who studies creatures unproven by science call themselves a cryptozoologists? And if so can they give themselves the Dr. title, lol?

In my opinion, if you hold a degree in zoology then you have the right to call yourself a zoologist and with this comes the Dr. title thus making you an expert. So if you hold a degree in zoology and you study creatures unproven by science then yes you can call yourself a cryptozoologist including the Dr. title thus making you an expert.

However I have an open mind and I am aware that like in all industries and fields of study you have people who are top shelf at what they do and people who are low shelf at what they do. Both with whatever crudentials in that particular field, would be concidered experts.

Unfortunitally, this is just how it is.

So unless you have some type of crudentials, you are not legally an expert.

And the Legal part is the bottom line.

When Sasquatch is finally proven to exist, there is going to be lots of research grants available. Unfortunitally, all the people with crudentials who all along have been insisting Sasquatch does not exist, they will be first in line to get the grants. And they'll get them too.

It's ********, but that is just the way is.

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic