How Could An Animal As Big As Bf....so Easily Avoid Being Seen / Captured?

Guest Lesmore

Too late! Once it's said, you can't un-say it. :lol:

You must have had one of those "psychic moments".

Edited by Sasfooty

Admin
"so Easily Avoid Being Seen / Captured?"

It is seen by many. Captured? it may not exist. People see things...

Edited by gigantor

I saw a whitetail deer (ad doe) run in front of me, I stopped, got out and went to the edge of the field where the trees were in the fence line and it was not there. I did not see it, I did not hear it and I sure did not smell it. But I believe it was there.. I just could not see it. It may have motored out behind some cover at an angle that my eyes did not catch.. after all I was in an F 250 pickup and busy with the mechanics of clutch, stop, doors, exit, etc.

---------------------------

regarding BF easily avoiding being seen ??????? Many of them are not. So if you see one, who really are you going to tell ? Especially if this is new for ya ? Who IS going to believe you are in your right mind ? I think a lot of people just give up.. or come over to a place where people talk about it to learn more... or find out that people near them have also had experiences, know about it and its just one of those things.. so nothing more is said.. in some cases, ever. Some people do not believe any of the reports at all anyways..

Other answers: Working like known tropical great apes (I am not assigning them a family.. sounds like everyone else already did): Using at least the first tier of vegetation to hide behind or more like 4 or 5 tiers.., unlike tropical great apes, being very mobile after sunset and before sunrise, and working habitat areas that have significant cover.. that are often difficult to navigate for things like us.. such as difficult inclines, impenetrable vegetation, swamp muck, areas where there are OODLES of hiding places like mountainous areas with ridges, rocks, ledges, caverns, or in the north, glaciers, ice caves, etc. They know what they are doing. Do we ? Also we need to be where they are.. and often that is on regular prescribed easily predictable outings..

**Lots of things I am leaving out but its just a reiteration of material already discussed regarding speed & power, smarts & backtrackin... & killing trackin dogs or just shocking the hair off them.

Regarding the capture.. refer that to Tracker and Norseman work in that particular thread that is still going strong..

Whoops.. forgot the other stuff talked about :o

Edited by treeknocker

I look for the "out of place burnt snags". I pin my hopes on the "accidental capture"..lol... ;)

There's lots of wildfire activity around here so burnt snags are something our mind just kind of "edits out" as background. I think the big guy has learned that and just "freezes" when he feels our eyes on him. That's not paranormal AT all cause we do it too. Maybe he just "get's it" a little faster than we do.

So I have a lot of pictures of "funny looking snags" that don't pan out to much, but maybe some day.....

I just realized that I need to take more pics of "known snag" areas cause that would be the best place to hide in plain site. Like two years after the fire you can just stroll along as you please....and those kind of areas have the added advantage of being yummy with new growth....

Huh. Probably lots of deer in those areas too....

I also just realized that those not in areas with really big trees that are affected by wildfires may not realize what a burnt snag is. It is the burned up remains of the tree after fire has consumed the rest. It can be from a few feet off the ground to 10-20, depending on the size of the tree. Some trees survive intact with charring.

Just one more: How do you know BF is too smart to be caught in a trap ? Other very smart mammals, men.... get caught in traps...trained soldiers at the height of awareness, unfortunately are caught in traps.

Lesmore, I HAVE heard of one caught in a trap. I do not know much about it, but I understand that if it did happen it was a young one. If that happened, I would suspect that if the trap was not strong enough, the adults would free it.

So far we are still waiting...

Edited by treeknocker

Well I can't figure it out. Any ideas ?

Seen? Take em for what we will, there is thousands and thousands of sightings documented. Over a very long period of time as well.

As for capturing one, well I think that is a very tough proposition. Most people that are out searching for one are very much against harming it as well.

Since there have been discoveries within the last 2 or 3 years of stable and successful tribes of 'uncontacted' indigenous peoples in Brazil and Peru (most recent within the last week), and with NGO estimates of as many as 100 other 'uncontacted' tribes for which there is little if any photographic evidence, but stories, I don't think it all that unreasonable that an animal like BF could go relatively undetected.

After all, if they were never seen, we wouldn't be chatting it up on the BigFoot Forums would we?

Admin

Anything is possible. Not probable. What type of trap would you propose to use? Imo Thier senses are far greater than you think, or this mystery would have been solved long ago. Setting a trap big enough for Bigfoot would probably lead to trouble, catching a human instead.

Guest uprightchimp

well WVFOOTER, if you see how much there really is in the way of thousands of acres of forest land in any given place (like the pacnw, forests back east) when you see a vista of them (in a pic or live) you can quickly forget just how much territory there really is in those areas. such areas can easly hide anything from an elephant down to "merely" the size of bigfoot! (plus the fact of the matter that bigfoot is very mobile, agile, & can get around the forests a lot faster than almost anything on 4 or 2 legs for that matter, that much is certain by all accounts of the many sighting reports in these areas.

Admin

well WVFOOTER, if you see how much there really is in the way of thousands of acres of forest land in any given place (like the pacnw, forests back east) when you see a vista of them (in a pic or live) you can quickly forget just how much territory there really is in those areas. such areas can easly hide anything from an elephant down to "merely" the size of bigfoot! (plus the fact of the matter that bigfoot is very mobile, agile, & can get around the forests a lot faster than almost anything on 4 or 2 legs for that matter, that much is certain by all accounts of the many sighting reports in these areas.

Did I miss something? That was pretty much what I meant. I am in total agreement with you. Bigfoot as well as many animals are hard if not close to impossible to see in our forests and woodlands.

Edited by WV FOOTER

SSR Team

I once walked straight past the Eiffel Tower once in Paris & didn't see it, true that is..

But i wasn't actually looking for it specifically..

Re: the idea of BF and inter-dimensional travel.....

I'm not saying I believe it, but I guess one would have to discuss or wonder about the "String" or Multidimensional Theory ?

Currently, the most popular and promising theory in the realm of theoretical physics, the general idea is that there are infinite Universes parallel to our own, and sometimes they spill-over into our dimension. A slight variation on this theory is that these other dimensions are always present, just invisible in our everyday light spectrum. This would cover activity that happens in the Infrared and Ultraviolet spectrums, which is just as real as activity seen with the naked eye, but only visible through modern scientific tools.

There are reports from people who claim to have transversed this reality, briefly stepping into another period of time or even an alternative world. In regards to BF/Sasquatch, a very common theme repeated in interaction with entities of this kind is their tendency to fade from visibility.

This would also fit in both the stories above about BF vanishing into thin air, and also the main question proposed by the person who started this thread.

It's not a new idea either. If you do some reading about the Anasazi/Pueblo People, Hopi, Navajo, etc (among others) there is a history of belief about "dimensional doorways", and although modern descendants scoff at the idea, some mystery as to where a large established Native American community "disappeared" too. Some will tell you today that they merged into other communities, and some (not many) will speak of the possibility that large numbers of them passed through just such a portal or dimensional doorway.

I think theres alot we dont know about this World we live on, and some of the things that happen in, on, and around it......

Who's to say that BF/Sasquatch don't travel in and out of our reality, or that they're from a different reality that sometimes spills over into ours, and then back out again....?

Guest Kronprinz Adam

For a breeding population dealing with such a reportedly large animal, it almost seems impossible.

Especially when you enter into the equation reports of bigfoot in such populated states like Maryland.

Hi mkianni!!!

It is difficult to explain, but this is no creature that you can easily see like in a natural reserve...maybe it makes his activities in terrains with almost no human presence (deep forest, isolated mountains, ravines, canyons, caves)...and when he crosses human territories (farms, roads) he tries to make it at night or very early in the morning to remain undetected...maybe the creature is nocturnal!!! (there are stories on which the creature visits campers at night...or takes a quick look through the window of some houses).

They avoid us, they do not want really to be disturbed, just to be left alone with their "own business"...(specially if you recall that we may hunt animals to extinction and destroy entire woods!!)

USA and Canada are huge and there is plenty of forested areas...legends are more scarce in Mexico and Central America, but maybe because the countryside maybe has more population density and farming and more pressure on the forests..but anyway there are still regions of absolute wilderness..

Greetings.

K. Adam.

How about a whole neighborhood totally oblivious that every night there are three or more hairy folks roaming around amongst the houses. It is unreal how little attention people pay to barking dogs at night. It's not hard to see people just don't pay attention. A couple teenagers saw "something" And they looked more, and involved their friends. (who probably came to think they were the butt of a joke.) One evening way after dark, the original two parked their truck across from my house and proceeded to start looking behind the tree lined fence there. Something must have scared them bad. They ran and jumped in their truck and hauled butt. They haven't tried very hard to look for anything "strange" since then. For some reason, he won't even drive past my house after dark. He goes 3 miles out of his way to get to his house now.lol-Knuck