How Could An Animal As Big As Bf....so Easily Avoid Being Seen / Captured?

Guest Lesmore

Guest Kane2002

OK, I will throw down the gauntlet. First, let me say I am a believer. I just don't think there are very many of the critters. I believe most reports are misidentifications.

The challange, Can you, or anyone you know, go out anywhere in the next nine days and find a sasquatch track line? A line of tracks of at least two, one right and one left. If so please post here with adaquate photo's and at least one witness.

I for my part will promise to search at least 3 days of the next nine and will report where and when. For a starting date lets set Feb. 12 so we have adaquate time to prepare and we will have two weekends. The challange is on!! Please post so we know how many entered and where they searched. Should this be a new thread??

Tracks aren't the easiest to find , and certainly not at will, but I'd definately be interested to see what you find Kane2002. I'll be out this next weekend so if you start a thread I'll post some pics.

I am going to assume that you live in or near Dallas, & if so you aren't too far from prime BF habitat. It won't be as easy as sitting on your back porch & waiting for them to drop by, but if you want to invest the time & effort, you should be able to find a group, living not too far away. The Trinity River would be a good place to start looking.

Check your PMs.

I found this list of reports on the TBRC website here. Seems like East Texas is crawling with them.

TBRCReports.jpg?t=1297203640

I'm thinking Jerry is in Houston.

Admin

Kane,

It won't work because they'll know you're looking for them. So they'll just avoid leaving tracks to thwart your efforts. They will only allow those who are worthy, with noble intentions and a no-kill / no-harm / no-capture / no-photograph philosophy into their most secret world.

Guest Kane2002

Sorry Sunflower, do you like gantlet better? Gantlet of course is a var. of gauntlet.

Edited by Kane2002

Guest ajciani

Show the math please.

Without knowing the exact diet, it's a little hard, but just to chew on something.

If bigfoots live in small family groups, say 3 to 4, and each group occupied 10 square miles, then there could be 30 to 40 bigfoots hiding in the forest preserves of Cook County. There are 102 roughly equal sized counties in Illinois, so that would be 3000 to 4000 bigfoots. Of course, Cook County is heavily developed. So maybe my estimate of 3,000 bigfoots in Illinois is low?

Now, you have to ask if 10 square miles is big enough for a few squatches. It is certainly ample space to hide from humans. Ten square miles of forest in Illinois supports roughly 200 to 300 deer, so hunting, each squatch could take 5 to 10 deer per year without noticeable impact. From road kill, each squatch might get an extra 1 to 2 per year from within that 10 mile range (total roadkill deer in Illinois is about 27,000 per year). Obviously, 6 to 12 deer is not enough to support a bigfoot, on deer alone, but it might be enough to over winter. If bigfoots avail themselves of other woodland creatures, 10 square miles for a few should be no problem. If they partake of fish and aquatic tubers, the dietary problems are eased considerably. Add in the available dumpster buffets, and 10 square miles supports a lot more than 4.

It would seem that 3,000 in Illinois is a very easy number to justify.

Depends on what you believe they are & what their capabilities to be. If you believe them to be some kind of paranormal being/Homo Superior, or even a great ape with paranormal abilities, then the answer is that they simply use their super and/or paranormal abilities as needed to live w/o being detected.

Unless one is someday captured alive and these abilities are proven to be, I reject that school of thought out of hand...

I think monkees are great apes with great ape abilities, albiet in a larger more athletically capable/coordinated and better problem solving package. I suspect like many animals, they understand they have natural camoflage that works to their advantage if they stay in/behind cover and remain motionless when in the presence of humans. I think that in the course of going about their existence, they, like any animal, get careless or simply screw up, and are seen. The normal response when seen by humans is to get back into cover/put distance between it and the human.

I find this interesting when compared to the behavior of big bears, another alpha-predator. Surprise a big bear up close, and chances are as good as not it will fight/attack rather than flee. Surprise a BF up close, and time & again reports are that it flees into the nearest cover like a runaway locomotive. Why not respond like a brown bear and simply destroy the puny interloping human? I think that even though they are the biggest, strongest, toughest alpha-predator on land, they are genetically hardwired to hide & flee from humans. Why? The toughest human on the planet wouldn't last but a few seconds against even a small monkee.

Another part of not being seen I find very interesting is their apparent ability to detect trail cameras. Monkees are as just as inclined as anything else to take the easy route (a trail) if it points in the direction it wants to go. God alone knows how many tens of thousands of trail cams there are out there monitoring likely trails, food sources, and funnels. Obviously they are very aware of their environment, perhaps the most so of all animals, but I can't see how monkees can possibly detect and/or avoid all the trail cams out there 100% of the time. ( No I don't think they paranormally detect and/or screw up cameras) So it seems to me that someone, somewhere, has some good, clear, focused trail cam pics. Heck, there are trail cam pics of everything out in the bush, BUT BFs. Not that they have any value as proof, but I sure would like to see them....

Guest D B Cooper

The last photo was taken below "Never-Go Ridge". An area where sightings and contacts have been reported by Miners, Hunters and Loggers since the 1800's. A few years ago a local Police Officer and his brother reported a strong stench and had large rocks thrown at them from above, in deep timber.

Edited by D B Cooper

• 6 years later...

Simple.

1.  They're being seen, the reports only the tip of the iceberg in terms of actual encounters, no, count on that.  Lots of people see them.  They're big, right?  Right.

2.  There hasn't been either enough study of their habits nor sufficient time and money spent in capturing one for anyone to expect that this would have been done yet.  At least two people, no not you Justin Smeja, have killed one.  For reasons we know in one case but not in the other, they didn't choose to bring anything in to confirm, but as any scientist should tell you, if there's no reason to believe they're fibbing, i.e., *evidence* that they are, then you can't presume they are, and the burden of proof is on you, not them.