Bfro Website Down/gone

Admin

I'm getting an authentication error when trying to access a report directly.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
error '80004005'

Cannot open database "bfro" requested by the login. The login failed.

Could be that they didn't document the db password and now nobody can remember what it is.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

but that would be good news indeed...

Guest Thepattywagon

I'm not a member over there, BFS, so wouldn't have known they were sharing info about the situation. But since non members are able to view the reports section, I thought it only reasonable that they would have posted something on the home page that non members could read.

The fact that there is no explanation or update on their homepage concerning the disappearing reports makes me think that maybe there is not any good news. Hope that's not the case, and if so all I can say is wow.

I've a pretty good reason to believe that you are correct. I think they have lost the data.

Matt posted comments in their forum about the situation starting Sunday. Last post was yesterday at 9:07 pm, "This is taking longer than expected. We'll let you know if there are any updates."

The thread concerning the topic is closed, so no other comments are allowed. I'm sure there would be more .... uh... free flowing discussion if they allowed the members to chime in...

Unfortunate how interesting topics over there are closed so frequently.

Or, removed from sight all together.

From FB:

The BFRO's web site server's hard drive crashed yesterday. The folks at GoDaddy are working on replacing it right now and restoring the web site's information. As soon as it's back up we'll post an announcement. ·· Monday at 6:45am

Matt posted comments in their forum about the situation starting Sunday. Last post was yesterday at 9:07 pm, "This is taking longer than expected. We'll let you know if there are any updates."

The thread concerning the topic is closed, so no other comments are allowed. I'm sure there would be more .... uh... free flowing discussion if they allowed the members to chime in...

Unfortunate how interesting topics over there are closed so frequently.

...topic is still open. And I'm pretty sure the individual posting about the site down is not Matt. Pretty sure, take it to the bank....he goes by Navigator over there.

Admin

Our hosting company has the "preconfigured" backups, but they don't guarrantee them and actually recommend we implement our own solution. They particularly don't support databases with the backup.

Hope Goddady does...

BFF Patron

From FB:

The BFRO's web site server's hard drive crashed yesterday. The folks at GoDaddy are working on replacing it right now and restoring the web site's information. As soon as it's back up we'll post an announcement. ·· Monday at 6:45am

I heard that Danica Patrick was gonna be on the Norcal Expedition as part of the bartering for the work.

:secret:

Edited by bipedalist

Guest BFSleuth

...topic is still open. And I'm pretty sure the individual posting about the site down is not Matt. Pretty sure, take it to the bank....he goes by Navigator over there.

I stand corrected. It was "Bossburg" that has posted the reports on their forum (not sure who that is).

The thread is closed from further comment. They have the big cross icon on it and I tried posting a comment and got the "Sorry, this thread has been closed by an administrator and new posts aren't allowed" message.

I stand corrected. It was "Bossburg" that has posted the reports on their forum (not sure who that is).

The thread is closed from further comment. They have the big cross icon on it and I tried posting a comment and got the "Sorry, this thread has been closed by an administrator and new posts aren't allowed" message.

Hmmmm, I open it up to post a question and it acted like it would allow me......of course I didn't actually post anything.

I understand he got his nic from the Cripple Creek Bossburg Story.....someone said he lives near there.

Oh, and the sight is completely back up. So I was wrong on them losing the data. I too stand corrected.

Admin

Good news!

SSR Team

Phew...

BFF Patron

Who's your Daddy?

GoDaddy is definitely the go-to pappa ......

Admin

Hooray!!!!

Quick, somebody archive the site!

• 3 weeks later...
SSR Team

Is it my imagination or are there still problems with it ?

For example, when i click on the Sightings database from the Home Page i only get redirected to the Home Page again, weird.