• Announcements

• masterbarber

T shirt fund drive   07/17/2018

norseman has designed a t shirt and started a fund drive on custom ink. He is going to split the proceeds between the BFF and Project Grendel.  "We all owe this website a tremendous debt of gratitude. Our community and history would not exist without it. As far as the Project Grendel proceeds, I would like to see it go towards the purchase of a thermal scope."
      -norseman     https://www.customink.com/fundraising/sasquatch-hunter
SquatchinNY

Bff Top 10 Sightings Submissions

65 posts in this topic

If it's ok with the mods, why don't we have some votes for the top 10 sightings?

NOTE: Cannot be any of the six found in "The Classics" section here: http://www.bigfootencounters.com/

Here, why don't we suggest sightings? Thread closes at 9pm, THU.

Hi Sqny, there isn't much for us to go with. I would suggest maybe a top ten of all time and have that stickied on the homepage of BFF.

To that end, perhaps we'll have another stickied thread of known hoax videos so that newcomers won't repost well-flogged horses (I am guilty of it yes).

Top 10 sighting "reports"?

My entry would be the "Hog hunter watches bigfoot kill hog in Sabine River bottom". This is a sighting that lasted for a long time, with the hunter watching the BF stalk the hogs then cover 90 feet in two leaps, swat a hog up against a tree, then kill it like "pounding fists on a table top".

Two of my favorites are:

1 ) The sighting in MN by a man and his family on quads in Carlton county, twice! They were scouting for deer prior to hunting season, two years in a row, and came across the Big Man each time at close range. The family was featured on Finding Bigfoot. But, I think their report on BFRO was taken down.

2 ) My other favorite, is the one of a woman camping out high on a ledge, in a tent, when she is awoken by a BF creature climbing the mountain side near and past her. She was frightened to the point of peeing herself while watching the event. Her story is in the BFRO reports somewhere.

For some reason, those two stick out in my mind as the ones I believe the most. Although, there are others that are very close, including greshake's above, which is a very good one. :)

Edited by thermalman

SQNY, I apologize for misreading your OP. I thought you meant sightings as in videographed/photographed sightings. I shall go see my optometrist this weekend.

I would like to submit the account of the truck driver who avoided hitting the young bigfoot, and was looked upon kindly (and touched) by an adult female bf (presumably the mother).

Poignant,

That is one of my all time favorites and happened in Anderson County, TX I believe. Thanks for posting it. :)

No problem, it was just a post. How many of us can claim to have been touched by a bf...and lived to tell it ?

The detail on double dentition was also interesting. Other records of double dentition are in the giants of old, and in some tribes in south america e.g. in the tierra del fuego region.

You mean reports, per se?

You want scary, thrilling, and amazing? Or proofy? Or funny? Or interesting? Or like what?

Two of my favorites are:

1 ) The sighting in MN by a man and his family on quads in Carlton county, twice! They were scouting for deer prior to hunting season, two years in a row, and came across the Big Man each time at close range. The family was featured on Finding Bigfoot. But, I think their report on BFRO was taken down.

The reports were taken off the public page at their request. They were taking quite a bit of grief in the community, but that was a couple of years before the Finding Bigfoot folks came around. The town hall meeting drew a very good crowd. Most in the audience wanted to be able to ask questions but the town hall meeting wasn't set up as a Q&A, rather a place for folks to tell their stories (me included). By that time, they were a little more open to letting their story out and did the FB show, knowing the community was having encounters all over the place. A couple of months later, a true Q&A session was put on by a couple of BFRO investigators and the turnout was bigger than the town hall meeting. It was really cool and the community really wanted to know what was roaming around in their backyards.

Carlton county has had some great reports and that is where I had my thermal sighting along with being zapped. I hope to get back up there this summer. We'll see.

The reports were taken off the public page at their request. They were taking quite a bit of grief in the community, but that was a couple of years before the Finding Bigfoot folks came around. The town hall meeting drew a very good crowd. Most in the audience wanted to be able to ask questions but the town hall meeting wasn't set up as a Q&A, rather a place for folks to tell their stories (me included). By that time, they were a little more open to letting their story out and did the FB show, knowing the community was having encounters all over the place. A couple of months later, a true Q&A session was put on by a couple of BFRO investigators and the turnout was bigger than the town hall meeting. It was really cool and the community really wanted to know what was roaming around in their backyards.

Carlton county has had some great reports and that is where I had my thermal sighting along with being zapped. I hope to get back up there this summer. We'll see.

Cool! I've been invited to MN with my thermal cameras this fall. We had planned on a spring fling, but the weather forced us into early work mode.

Edited by thermalman

The incident that really got my attention was the Don Cox sighting, March, 1969. We'd moved to Portland, Oregon the summer before and this one made the front page of the Vancouver Columbian. I'll never forget picking up that paper off the dining room.table. Later I got to meet the waitress, the Sheriff and a deputy who was in on the investigation. The track evidence backed up Cox' story.

Decades later it made it, secondhand, to the BFRO.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=1621

It was on the front page of the Skamania County Pioneer's special issue, too.

SkamaniaCountyPioneer400.jpg

My other favorite, is the one of a woman camping out high on a ledge, in a tent, when she is awoken by a BF creature climbing the mountain side near and past her. She was frightened to the point of peeing herself while watching the event. Her story is in the BFRO reports somewhere.

Backpacker sighting of the PCT in the Marble Mountains Wilderness is also one of my favorites. For anyone that has ever rock climbed, when the woman describes the BF racing up a cliff that would be around 5.9 to 5.10, that's some pretty dicey, difficult cliff. I wonder what the heck the BF was doing, racing up the valley to the ridge top to howl at the top of his lungs for such a long time?

Dyno'ed up all the way a 5.9?...amazing strength. Seems like BF is perfectly built to traverse any montane environment.

That's a good question BF? Also, I wonder if he could detect her urine in the air? If, so, why did he keep on climbing and not investigate her further? MAN......I can only wish for such an encounter with my thermal camera!!! :)

Edited by thermalman