• Announcements

• masterbarber

T shirt fund drive   07/17/2018

norseman has designed a t shirt and started a fund drive on custom ink. He is going to split the proceeds between the BFF and Project Grendel.  "We all owe this website a tremendous debt of gratitude. Our community and history would not exist without it. As far as the Project Grendel proceeds, I would like to see it go towards the purchase of a thermal scope."
      -norseman     https://www.customink.com/fundraising/sasquatch-hunter
SquatchinNY

Bff Top 10 Sightings Submissions

65 posts in this topic

I wonder what the heck the BF was doing, racing up the valley to the ridge top to howl at the top of his lungs for such a long time?

Dominance display? "Hey look at me I can scale this cliff no problem and have plenty of breath left to howl away".

Dominance display? "Hey look at me I can scale this cliff no problem and have plenty of breath left to howl away".

I've been thinking this is a dominance display, along the lines of he's late for getting into position for his evening shout down.

Dyno'ed up all the way a 5.9?...amazing strength. Seems like BF is perfectly built to traverse any montane environment.

For anyone that has done technical climbing, I think one of the weaknesses of the human anatomy for climbing rock is our feet. There's a lot of stress on the calf muscles from standing on your toes with poor leverage. I've thought that if they do indeed have a mid-tarsal joint, then they would have a big advantage for climbing.

There was a report on the BFRO from Eagle County, CO (now missing) about a BF chasing a car through the snow on a deserted road at night. It was a favorite of mine.

I always like "Action" Jackson's accounts. Guy is a back country legend. Link

Two of my favorites are:

1 ) The sighting in MN by a man and his family on quads in Carlton county, twice! They were scouting for deer prior to hunting season, two years in a row, and came across the Big Man each time at close range. The family was featured on Finding Bigfoot. But, I think their report on BFRO was taken down.

2 ) My other favorite, is the one of a woman camping out high on a ledge, in a tent, when she is awoken by a BF creature climbing the mountain side near and past her. She was frightened to the point of peeing herself while watching the event. Her story is in the BFRO reports somewhere.

For some reason, those two stick out in my mind as the ones I believe the most. Although, there are others that are very close, including greshake's above, which is a very good one. :)

I think I remember the woman's experience was in the Desolation Wilderness area.

That story about the woman was solo hiking in the Marble Mount area I noted above.

Backpacker sighting of the PCT in the Marble Mountains Wilderness is also one of my favorites. For anyone that has ever rock climbed, when the woman describes the BF racing up a cliff that would be around 5.9 to 5.10, that's some pretty dicey, difficult cliff. I wonder what the heck the BF was doing, racing up the valley to the ridge top to howl at the top of his lungs for such a long time?

Getting a good vantage point to look for another one, announcing where it was in the process ?

Either that or that NorCal BF had just watched the 49ers lose again.. :D

Edited by BobbyO

^ :D that was in 1998, so your theory regarding the 49'ers might hold water...

This seems like a territorial display to me, with some sense of urgency to get to that ridge top for a shouting match.

There was a report on the BFRO from Eagle County, CO (now missing) about a BF chasing a car through the snow on a deserted road at night. It was a favorite of mine.

I know that one well. Probably too well. It is missing because the person who reported it, reported tons of sightings. She even sent me photos saying there were many bigfoots in the pic. No bigfoot visible, just sagebrush.

The area (Highway 131) where this chase (1987) occured is void of any trees. Highly unlikely BF would be there.

So the BFRO removed the report.

thermalman -

Was this the one??

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=2110

^^ cool. That's not all that far as the crow flies from where I saw the two BF in 1990. I've driven a lot of backcountry around Lake City and Creed. Pretty and remote! -and plenty of room for a lotta BF...

Could someone do me a favor and set up the poll?

Post number 3, hog slam, wins hands down, no need for the poll, LOL. :music:

Of course the BF that reaches up to the bottom of a hunter's tree stand and grabs the arrow point of a bowhunter slicing it's fingers open and letting out a scream was a good one for abject terror, can't seem to locate that one any more.

Edited by bipedalist

Thanks Matt got a big laugh at that one like it was the first time I read it. Betya he never hunted from a stand in a stubby tree ever again @guffaw@

Edited by bipedalist